Why Toxic is so damn good?

I feel like I’m on a secret mission to hunt down my soul mate that’s been captured by a cat fisher but he doesn’t know it cause he’s blinded by his pen15 and their bussy but I finally wear him down when he’s 65 and his cat fisher divorces him for all he’s worth. Love always win! xx

Edited by ObsessedBritFan1
  • Haha 1

I think the violins and high pitched strings make the song. Plus the chorus and final lines (intoxicate me now, with your lovin’ now) are so damn catchy. They somehow managed to catch lightning in a bottle with this song. And we all know the music video slays so effing hard with all those iconic looks, settings and choreo

music video breast GIF

Music Video Diamonds GIF by Britney Spears

music video britney spears toxic GIF
music video britney spears toxic GIF

toxic britney spears GIF

• Love 3

There was something about it before it was even announced as a single that hooked me from the start. I remember getting the ITZ album and listening to it from start to finish and Toxic always stood out. It's that inexplicable feeling where everything comes together so perfectly - the production, the instrumental, the confidence she displays, the EPIC music video. Lots of artists have tried to have a "Toxic" but it's impossible to replicate. We were seeing Britney truly in her prime at the absolute top of her game, made even more iconic since her struggles began shortly after. 

• Love 1

It's the pinnacle of perfect pop music. There's no one who doesn't like this song. The lyrics, the instrumental, everything is perfect. It was the song that made know and fall in love with Britney. I remember the first time watching the clip, I spent all day watching and repeating thinking "how beautiful she is". This song is very acclaimed, Lorde once said that his goal was to produce something of the level of Toxic.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, britneyluv said:

There was something about it before it was even announced as a single that hooked me from the start. I remember getting the ITZ album and listening to it from start to finish and Toxic always stood out. It's that inexplicable feeling where everything comes together so perfectly - the production, the instrumental, the confidence she displays, the EPIC music video. Lots of artists have tried to have a "Toxic" but it's impossible to replicate. We were seeing Britney truly in her prime at the absolute top of her game, made even more iconic since her struggles began shortly after. 

I’ve always wondered how it was like to hear it without the music vídeo. 

19 minutes ago, JeniLeeSK8 said:

I remember when it leaked shortly before the album release and I was absolutely hooked. People say toxic is overrated and only the locals love it but that is just insane. Toxic is iconic and for good reason!

Omg I wishI could have this feeling :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

In my opinion, "Toxic" is still unique to this day. Nothing can compare to that song in the pop music scenario, and that's why it's her most streamed song on Spotify.

Her other hits usually need a little bit of "context" to stand out, although they're still great pop songs. For instance, people associate Britney Spears with "...Baby One More Time". I get it; that song might be more iconic because of the controversial music video and the sound typical of the period when it was released, in addition to the fact that is a very great catchy track. Similarly, "Gimme More" might be "iconic" because fans associate it with the difficult moments she was going through, and it might feel "edgy", "se.xy" and "artistic" (personally, I completely disagree, but I feel this is the average opinion; I respect it). 

"Toxic" is not great because of other factors. Sure, the music video really helped too, I can't deny that, but I hardly see it mentioned like "...Baby One More Time" or used for merchandise, memes, and so on. In 2024, the music video is not as acknowledged as that of "...Baby One More Time", although still very popular and appreciated. The song "Toxic" is a masterpiece itself. The production, the mix of genres, the vocals... Nothing can be really compared to that. If released today, no one could call it a desperate attempt to revive a specific type of music (e.g. the 90ies, the 80ies). "Toxic" is "Toxic". Not a bubblegum song or any other popular and nostalgic genre. 

While I really like both Madonna and Lady Gaga, I don't think they have a "Toxic". "Like A Virgin", "Vogue", and "Hung Up" are great songs, and so it's "Poker Face" or "Bad Romance". Nonetheless, you can easily tell when they were released. That's simply not the case with "Toxic".  

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.