Blackout or Circus?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/4/2024 at 4:04 PM, Princessmimi said:

Blackout.

Circus was too safe and boring.

The best songs of the album are either singles or ones that didn't make the official tracklist.

We usually agree on a lot but not this time! :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

"Circus" era was everything and such a happy time to be a Britney fan. Seeing her mega-huge comeback. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, JayTawndre said:

We usually agree on a lot but not this time! :wow_surprised_shocked_omg:

"Circus" era was everything and such a happy time to be a Britney fan. Seeing her mega-huge comeback. :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

I love the Circus era but the album is ok to me.

Its pure nostalgia for sure cause I was a teen when it came out but Blackout in my opinion is timeless and has aged very well.

It still sounds fresh to me when I listen to it.

• Love 1

The blackout album is hit after hit, a rare feat to have such a cohesive album with no filler tracks. Britney executive produced it and it's the best work of her career. The era was a bit difficult as a fan, it was a chaotic time in her personal life and she wasn't doing the high quality music videos or performances that we were used to.

We don't need to choose because we have both! Both eras have their highs and lows.

Circus album has great songs but it's a bit disjointed, it's like they wanted to check all the boxes to create everything people expect from Britney. But the era had great videos, great performances, and a visually stunning tour. It was just done under the pressure of the conservatorship which makes it a bit sad for me. Britney was highly motivated to play nice and cooperate to get her children back. After this tour it got much darker. 

Isn't it funny how different it is when you look back in each era now that we know more context about what we happening behind the scenes?

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.