How many iconic Britney career moments will be referenced in the movie?

Just now, spreadmywings said:

yes but I think the dark side will be the conservatorship which is way worse but for some reason Britney demonize a lot her iconic moment of baldness. I say iconic because it was the most rebellion thing she did on my eyes, Not hanging out with scams and trash. Her moment of shaving hair was the moment she stated to the world she is no barbie, no blondie plastic doll like the world perceived. She was fkin real , she was in pain and she wanted the world to fk off

I agree! Probably The moment brings her pain. But I see it as one of her most liberating moments, she had enough and said Im not your doll! And I think many people feel that which is why till this day, that photo is print in t shirt and used as a kind of punk/rebellion manifesto. 

Who knows, maybe she will see things with perspective and include it. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, humstarr said:

Eh how is everyone excited over this? This is gonna be cringe. 

Yes! I think it will be a cringefest. I just see this flopping tbh. At the peak of her career, she released Crossroards, which flopped at the box office, so now that she is in her late stage career/retired, I don't see this making much money or recouping its budget.

13 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Yes! I think it will be a cringefest. I just see this flopping tbh. At the peak of her career, she released Crossroards, which flopped at the box office, so now that she is in her late stage career/retired, I don't see this making much money or recouping its budget.

crossroads made 90 million with a 12 million budget it was not a flop lol 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
51 minutes ago, spreadmywings said:

yes but I think the dark side will be the conservatorship which is way worse but for some reason Britney demonize a lot her iconic moment of baldness. I say iconic because it was the most rebellion thing she did on my eyes, Not hanging out with scams and trash. Her moment of shaving hair was the moment she stated to the world she is no barbie, no se*xy blondie plastic doll like the world perceived. She was fkin real , she was in pain and she wanted the world to fk off

well in the book she does talk about the head shaving moment as a way to push back on her manufactured image. she’s probably weary of 2007 in general bc of all the awful things the media said about her but I do think she felt in control probably for the first time ever when she shaved her head. 

26 minutes ago, Gutterguppy said:

Lol why is it going to be cringe? 

Well there r a lot of uncomfortable moments in the book. It works when u read it but i cant imagine anyone playing that pretending to be Britney. Especially the arbor.tion moment. 

After following Britney and ppl in her life I will cringe watching actors playing them

10 minutes ago, humstarr said:

Well there r a lot of uncomfortable moments in the book. It works when u read it but i cant imagine anyone playing that pretending to be Britney. Especially the arbor.tion moment. 

After following Britney and ppl in her life I will cringe watching actors playing them

You'd be surprised at how creative directors in H-wood can be. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

It will be same as the Britney ever after movie with known actors and og songs. The book doesn’t paint another story. Maybe except the dance battle and boudoir scenes.

I think you're wrong. With the big studio's, oscar winning directors and A-list actors, this could be a story about the deep mysoginy and the dark corners of fame and the abuse of power by men. Look what they did with Barbie: before the film was out people were like "a movie about a doll, really ?" and look what they achieved.

Her story offers so much more than what 'Britney ever after' did. It's a chance for a very eery pyschological view on what happened to her. To portray the grief and the level of betray that she faced in her life, that is something that offers so much possibilities for a very good and meaningfull film.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, everybodygoesdown said:

I think you're wrong. With the big studio's, oscar winning directors and A-list actors, this could be a story about the deep mysoginy and the dark corners of fame and the abuse of power by men. Look what they did with Barbie: before the film was out people were like "a movie about a doll, really ?" and look what they achieved.

Her story offers so much more than what 'Britney ever after' did. It's a chance for a very eery pyschological view on what happened to her. To portray the grief and the level of betray that she faced in her life, that is something that offers so much possibilities for a very good and meaningfull film.

Good point! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.