Britney announces new biopic with Oscar-winning producer Marc Platt

Just now, warioaddams said:

Wow this was unexpected! But i'm here for it. There will be massive shoes to fill, casting a Britney would be very difficult to achieve.

I'm sure it will be an inspirational story and with Britney's music, the ice on the cake.

Maybe Britney herself can appear in the movie at the end so she can give her thought on her life at the moment.

There's plenty of time to get this right. I hope by the time this starts she's in a great head space to be involved, no drama, no fellons, nothing negative. Bring it on Brit. :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:

and YET this was all spreaded to the news right when we see Britney in fron of cameras with that sus guy. 

19 minutes ago, Popsicle said:

So much of the book wasn't true. Like JL being married and divorced to her first boyfriend. Or her stating her real hair color is black.I

I hope they have researchers this time

Oh god...so that's what you're cherry picking? Because she misdiagnosed her own hair color and incorrectly said her sister was married to Casey? 

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I mean, it's a movie/biopic based on the book, that's already released. I would have also preferred a documentary similar to what Demi and Bieber did with just them in front of a camera on Youtube... But she doesn't want to be in front of the public eye, so I think this is the most we are going to get. 

Not you whining about Britney getting a better deal than whatever Demi and Justin released. No wonder, y'all are still stuck in 2015. Lmao, :nothavingit_whitney_houston_mad_annoyed_stare_whatever_irritated:

• Love 1
Just now, Isla said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think Universal Pictures is connected to UMG (despite the name).

Correct, Universal Pictures is owned by NBCUniversal which is owned by Comcast.

Still interesting that they didn't go with the obvious - Sony Pictures. I'm wondering if there was a bidding war for the rights. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Itscuzim31 said:

Everyone complaining about a cash grab while also crying that the people who stole her money got away with it. If she sold the rights to the book she could have easily pocketed 100 million and who’s to say what back-end residuals she lined up. Everyone else has made money off her/her story why shouldn’t she??

This! Crying that this is a csh grab but in the same breath hoping she's gonna go back on a stage when she's not mentally there? make it make sense. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Fita said:

and YET this was all spreaded to the news right when we see Britney in fron of cameras with that sus guy. 

The timing is really suspicious, it's obvious the announcement was used to distract from the Paul drama, but i'm sure this deal was made way before this situation.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Pablitonizer said:

Definitely! But I feel Universal Pictures put LOADS of money into this deal. I expect the movie's budget to be about $80-100 Millions, so I imagine they expect this movie to be a massive hit 

They do have some hits as well as one really big flop - Cats. It's been a while since they produced anything without other companies, looking at their portfolio from past movies and upcoming ones. Might all be budget related.

First: Britney announces that she is cooking up a secret project with a producer and you don't like it, you start with the damn disagreements.

Second: you have expectations that you later don't know how to handle.

Third: I constantly criticize everything Britney does in a negative way.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cruise said:

This topic is wrong, at no time did Britney announce any biopic... some fans are worse than the TMZ team... they really suck...

Most reliable outlets are reporting it's a biopic. Deadline have and they're usually accurate. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.