Long-time French fan account (@popcornandbritney) shuts down + posts blog: "I DON'T WANT TO BE A BRITNEY SPEARS FAN ANYMORE"

ELISEVIEUGUE.WIXSITE.COM

FOREWORD

In this article, I explain why I now think Britney is toxic for her fans (and why her fans are toxic for her). I explain why we should stop adulating her because the phenomenon of adulation is harmful and emanates from a lack of self-love. I explain why I think Britney lacks responsibility for what she's going through. I also talk about the importance of understanding the trials we go through and the people who have hurt us, in order to enter into a process of peace with regard to one's own family history. I also briefly give my opinion on the Free Britney movement.

I'm personally at a stage in my life where I understand a lot about life. I've entered a process of forgiveness towards people who may have hurt me seriously, and in particular towards my family. Personal development books and spirituality have helped me a lot. And in this article, I'd like to pass on to you what I've learned from these books, which have enabled me to begin a process of liberation from my past.

IMPORTANT POINTS

1) This article does not call into question the abuse suffered by Britney ;

This article aims to give some food for thought in order to understand what has happened to her and how she can find some form of peace with her story. Trying to understand why someone does wrong does not mean questioning the wrong that has been done.

2) This article is not intended to be an absolute truth, but rather a point of view ;

I don't hold the statements in this article as absolute truths. And there will probably even be cognitive biases because I'm a human being, imperfect, in the process of healing, who has understood some things but not everything. Because we'll never really understand everything. All I can do is give you some food for thought, but the truth lies first within yourself.

PART 1 : BEING A FAN & CHILDHOOD WOUNDS

First of all, it's important to understand that you don't become a fan of someone by chance. If you're a fan of Britney, it's because there are things about her that resonate with you, with your personal history. I personally understood that I'd been unloved as a child and that I didn't feel safe. Britney's world was like a refuge for me. I'm pretty sure that if I'd had all the love I needed as a child, I wouldn't have adored Britney so much. I'd probably have liked her, but not adored her. So you have to understand that the adoration you have for Britney probably stems from your childhood wounds.

PART 2 : IS BEING A FAN NORMAL ? - THE TOXICITY OF « STAN CULTURE »

Secondly, it's important to understand that idolizing a person isn't all that normal, in my opinion. You're not supposed to idolize anyone, because every human being you come across on your life's journey deserves as much love and attention, and I think there's a form of "sin" in being obsessive about a person. The word fan is an abbreviation of the word fanatic. The definition of the word fanatic is as follows : One who is carried away by an excessive ardor, an inordinate passion for a religion, a cause, a party, etc.

The world's greatest sages refuse to be adulated because they know that they are not superior, and that every human being carries within him or her a profound wisdom. Learn to look beyond appearances and see that celebrities, the people in this world who let others adore them, are people with emotional deficiencies. When you're complete and you love yourself deeply, you don't need to be adulated by others, you even find it a little ridiculous because you know that others adore you because they can't love themselves. The celebrity/fan bond is a deeply toxic one, both for the celebrity and for the fan. What self-esteem do you have that makes you think someone is better or more important than you ?

PART 3 : BEING A BRITNEY FAN DELAYED MY PROCESS OF FORGIVENESS AND PEACE

Starting a forgiveness process wasn't easy and I needed help. It's probably one of the hardest things to do, so you'll probably need help. To read, watch and listen to people who have succeeded in forgiving. Because we are unconsciously influenced by the people we read, watch and listen to. So to forgive, I needed to read, watch and listen a lot to people who were inviting me to let go of my anger and hatred. Every time I logged on to my Popcorn & Britney Instagram account, it automatically put me back in a state of mind of anger and hate.

There are two types of people :

- People who will tell you that the world isn't unfair and that everything has a reason ;

- People who will tell you that the world is unfair and that all human beings are bad.

Who would you rather listen to ? And which person do you think you're most likely to find inner peace with ?

PART 4 : YES, SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO LET A SELF-DESTRUCTIVE PERSON DOWN

Yes, sometimes, when a person is self-destructing, the best thing to do is to let them down, so that they're left alone with themselves and have no choice but to question themselves. And I think the best thing the world could do for Britney would be to stop giving her time and attention. I really think we're Britney's emotional crutch. That we've been filling all her emotional gaps for years and it hasn't done her any favors because she's never learned to love and know herself.

There's a question I've always wondered about : when Britney was on top, she was probably one of the richest and most influential people in the world. How could such a rich and influential person find herself under abusive guardianship ? Please ask yourself this question honestly. And you'll have the beginnings of an answer.

PART 5 : THE MOMENT BRITNEY LOST ME AS A FAN

One of the biggest signs, in my opinion, that Britney has a toxic posture for herself and others, is the fact that she blames her children for not loving her, or a certain ingratitude. That's where she's probably lost me for good. Children can only give what they have received. She was probably a failing mother on some level and didn't protect or preserve them from certain things. I'm reminded of the images of Britney being picked up by an ambulance. You can see that this woman is in a very bad way. Her children, who were fragile little boys under construction at the time, were inevitably affected and marked by these things. It's not Britney's fault that she was unwell. But she doesn't have the right to blame her children for having been marked by certain moments in their childhood. She doesn't have the right to blame them for feeling better with their father than with her. We have to stop thinking that we know what's good for others. There's an intelligence in every person. Everyone knows what's good for them. Children obviously feel safer with their fathers than with their mothers, don't they ? They may be manipulated, but you can manipulate a person up to a certain point. Beyond that, there's their own intelligence, which means that only they know what they're going through, and only they know what's good for them.

The only posture that seems right to me for Britney is one of humility in relation to her children. She's not guilty, but she is responsible. Let her apologize to them for what they've had to go through. A child is never responsible for a damaged parent-child relationship. It's always the parent. Britney is solely responsible for the fact that her children reject her. And the fact that the Britney Community is dithering on this issue is deeply shocking to me. You can blame anyone, but not children.

PART 6 : A FIRST CLUE TO UNDERSTANDING THE SPEARS FAMILY TRAGEDY : THE JAMIE LYNN CASE

I'm going to try and show you why I think Jamie Lynn isn't a monster, and why people who do bad things are people who are in pain. I don't have enough information on Britney's parents and their history, but it's a job that should be done for each member of this family. It's this work that I personally reproach Britney for not doing. Trying to understand rather than hate.

At first glance, you think it must be cool to be Britney Spears' little sister. But what if it's actually hell ? We all love to hate her with disconcerting ease, but have we ever once taken the time to put ourselves in her shoes ? In her book, Britney was able to shed light on the fact that her family was most likely a dysfunctional one. She lifts the veil on her father's probable alcoholism. And the fact that she was afraid in the family home as a child. Jamie Lynn experienced alcoholism and fear in the family home, too, didn't she ? Imagine living in a family with dysfunctional parents who don't know how to provide you with security and healthy love. Jamie Lynn, like Britney, must have developed insecurities and emotional deficiencies. If Britney's insecurities and emotional deficiencies were filled (masked) by her fans for a time, who filled little Jamie Lynn's insecurities and emotional deficiencies ? No one did. I think when you're Britney Spears' little sister, you just don't exist. All the attention had to be on Britney, both inside and outside the family home. How much attention was Jamie Lynn getting while the whole world loved her sister ? When you're already emotionally deficient, imagine how all this must constantly press on your wounds (another way of saying it is: stirring the pot). You must see your mom's eyes light up when she sees your big sister on stage. All your friends must ask you for your big sister's autograph. Inwardly, you must say to yourself : My big sister is something special, I'm nothing special. I truly believe that this little girl simply didn't exist as an individual. Every human being is important, and every human being deserves the same level of love and attention, especially in a family home.

PART 7 : CELEBRITIES DON'T DO THIS WORLD ANY GOOD

For a long time, I thought that Britney was a real light for this world, and that she sent out a beautiful message: Sing, dance, do what you love. Today, my opinion is much more nuanced. Through her work, her oeuvre, she was also unconsciously sending the message to the world that to be happy, you have to be beautiful, rich and famous. This is the message that celebrities constantly send out to their fans, and in my opinion, it's an extremely toxic message because it never encourages people to seek happiness in simple things and learn to love themselves. Celebrities also constantly send the message to your subconscious that there are special people (celebrities) and sub-persons. Of course, they'll never tell you, but deep down, that's what they think, isn't it ? If they didn't, they wouldn't be willing to stand on a high stage in front of an audience in a pit. If celebrities believed that all human beings are equal and deserve the same level of love and attention, they wouldn't accept being adored, would they ? Don't look at what people say, look at what they do. Of course, Britney was far too young to understand these things and put limits to the adulation she provoked, and she's more to be pitied than blamed. At her age, we'd probably all have welcomed this wave of success without question.

PART 8 : MY OPINION ON THE FREE BRITNEY MOVEMENT

I don't think the Free Britney movement has liberated Britney at all, because the liberation is first and foremost internal. In fact, I think it has done more harm than good, because it has prevented Britney from freeing herself by understanding the reasons for her abusive guardianship. The only person who can save Britney is herself, because she's the only one who knows her story and her family intimately. She's the only one who has access to certain information that will enable her to free herself from the grip of her parents. We will never have access to this information. So to think that we're helping or saving Britney is an illusion and you're wasting your time demanding justice for Britney. That's not how life works. The people involved in this movement are most likely suffering from savior syndrome. They save the people around them so they never have to face their own misfortune. But the only person they have to save is themselves.

Thanks for reading.

Elise | P&B

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, monalisaney81 said:

:receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse: Never heard of them. I’m also not reading all that, if they don’t want to be fans of Britney anymore then good for them….no one cares. Social media has made people think they are more important than they actually are. :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

They’re trying to get famous off that article for sure

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.