Britney is upset with Halsey’s "Lucky" video: "I feel harassed, violated, and bullied... I'm speaking with my lawyers"

Britney, this  is kind of embarrassing.  No one is ever going to reference her again. She is killing her legacy completely.  I wish britney would just stop this. God it makes it hard to be a fan sometimes. I wish she'd get off of Instagram. I would love for her to release music every now and then and just stay out of the limelight. It doesn't do her any favors. But the music thing is her choice. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

Wow, I feel sort of torn about this. I honestly really liked the song when I heard it today. The video made me sad and slightly uncomfortable. Now Britney is saying she doesn’t like it. After watching the video a 2nd time, I can understand Britney’s perspective a little bit more. I doubt Halsey meant any harm but the shaved head and blood drawing scenes may have triggered some past trauma for Britney which is understandable. I doubt Halsey wanted to make Britney look like a superficial Pop star either but I could also see it coming across that way. I guess I can see both sides of it and ultimately “Lucky” is Britney’s iconic song. Ehh may have to step away from this song/video for a little while. 

What's hard is with the song and the pairing it is 100% britney.

without the song, you'd also likely get Britney. Britney is THEE popstar (unfortunately if she likes it or not)

I think unfortunately Halsey grew up idolizing popstars and this is a reflection of it. She also had some parallels to Britney that Britney found triggering, and felt it was her story. I just think this could've been sorted out through a phone call. Hopefully it's sorted out and cleared up. Britney doesn't seem to have a team around her altering her of these things, and if she does they're doing a bad job.

Edited by ItsKor
  • Love 3
  • Like 2

The whole gig feels cheap and exploitative. Imagine someone tried to build their career out of your likeness, interpolating your songs, life crises they only know as portrayed through tabloid media. It’s just tone-deaf and I don’t blame Britney for being upset at all. She’s not a cartoon character, it’s someone’s life that you’re reducing to a skit 

Edited by dandy
  • Love 2
  • Like 7
Just now, RebelMe said:

Lol, read the lyrics and try to understand that she uses a lyric sample to tell her story. Yall are all mad only because Britney is mad and trying to make it all bout her. And guess what. It’s not. 

Do you think Halsey can tell a story that honours Britney rather than uses what Britney publicly identifies as her worst moments? Careful not to be a sociopath here. Empathy is important, and Britney has told us many times that these are hurtful moments for her, and she has told us Halsey's video hurts her. Why does that not matter to you? Lack of empathy... you'd fit in great as an exploitative handler for the music industry and conservatorships! Evidently you don't think Britney's perspective matters at all! Maybe all remaining conservatorships can hire you!

• Love 4
  • Like 3
Just now, ppiotr said:

Britney, this  is kind of embarrassing.  No one is ever going to reference her again. She is killing her legacy completely.  I wish britney would just stop this. God it makes it hard to be a fan sometimes. I wish she'd get off of Instagram. I would love for her to release music every now and then and just stay out of the limelight. It doesn't do her any favors. But the music thing is her choice. 

Agree. You just don't know how she's gonna react... she even kinda shaded Hold me closer in her posts

Just now, Soni said:

I already see people overreacting and either being on Halsey or Britney's side..

So here are the facts:

• The video and song is about Halsey's story, she didn't mean Britney any harm
  • Britney's reaction is warranted, given how close the "negative" moments in the video are to her own story.. and the fact that she is still traumatized and processing her trauma

No one should be hated on in this situation.
Just a misunderstanding, hopefully they resolve it peacefully.

This! 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Derwood said:

Love how you all are deciding for Britney what she should and shouldn't be offended by. Cute misogyny from you all as usual.

Obviously Britney wants to be celebrated and lauded for her incredible contributions to pop culture, not have her darkest moments (caused by the exploitative conservatorship and entertainment industry) as promotion for others' gain. She has talked endlessly about how much that head-shaving moment, having gallons of blood drawn and so on, has been so hurtful to her. Why not celebrate Britney? Why use symbols of her worst moments (that she says publicly are her worst moments)? It's thoughtless and stupid and awful.

And any of you finding ways to diminish Britney's feelings are dunderheads, to say the least. 

And what are the said dark moments in the video?

head shaving and blood drawing? Halsey has leukemia

Paparazzi? Halsey is a celebrity....

Fighting with her partner? Halsey is a single mother

These feelings are being "diminished" because they're not in correlation with Britney at all. I love Britney but it's ridiculous of her to ignore Halsey's ongoing battles and instantly associate the video with herself and publicly call her out for something that's not happening. They should have called about it instead of causing an outcry without the facts..

Edited by IsLindsayLohanLikeOk
  • Love 2
Just now, Dark Willow said:

And she is wrong. That's the point. 

Halsey didn't do anything wrong.

Britney has feelings. You tell her she is wrong. Maybe seek a job with the people trying to put her back in a conservatorship. Or maybe you are Jamie Lynn at her beach house... y'all really have that empathy broken in your heads.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Derwood said:

Do you think Halsey can tell a story that honours Britney rather than uses what Britney publicly identifies as her worst moments? Careful not to be a sociopath here. Empathy is important, and Britney has told us many times that these are hurtful moments for her, and she has told us Halsey's video hurts her. Why does that not matter to you? Lack of empathy... you'd fit in great as an exploitative handler for the music industry and conservatorships! Evidently you don't think Britney's perspective matters at all! Maybe all remaining conservatorships can hire you!

The. Video. Is. Not. About. Britney! 
I madly respect her story, and all that she went through. But again, the video is not about her!

9 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

Probably Cade or someone else talked to Halsey team and allowed all of this without Britney knowledge.

And yes, Britney perception of reality is clearly not ok. She needs to seek help asap. She can't keep doing things like this.

I feel bad for Halsey, she probably very hurt by this.

Since the incident with the fast food worker, it's been pretty clear that she has periods of paranoia. What I don't understand is: why didn't she talk to Halsey in private? Why bring everything to social media? For a person who claims to value privacy so much, she exposes herself too much.

• Love 1
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, Soni said:

I already see people overreacting and either being on Halsey or Britney's side..

So here are the facts:

• The video and song is about Halsey's story, she didn't mean Britney any harm
  • Britney's reaction is warranted, given how close the "negative" moments in the video are to her own story.. and the fact that she is still traumatized and processing her trauma

No one should be hated on in this situation.
Just a misunderstanding, hopefully they resolve it peacefully.

I agree with this I don't think anyone is wrong they are both valid in their feelings and stance.

With that being said the it doesn't matter what the intent was if the impact is hurting someone. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I can understand why Britney thinks this is about her, Brit probably doesn’t know anything abt halseys situation. I didn’t till a few minutes ago and understood the video, but the shaving of the head (2007) and the blood drawing (Britney has been VERY vocal abt how she was forced to), the toxic outfit, and sampling lucky. Britney probably thought this was all about her, cause most of the time when people sample her songs like this they exploit Britney. I think Brit just didn’t understand, or her team lied to her abt this and never told her. Her team is terrible

• Love 3
  • Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.