Britney is upset with Halsey’s "Lucky" video: "I feel harassed, violated, and bullied... I'm speaking with my lawyers"

I watched the video and the video looks like its Halsey's flop life story, however, she's using Britney's music, Britney's aesthethic and some parts are confusing and twisted to provoke on purpose to gain attention, media and fame to her. NO ONE in this industry is a saint, they know what they're doing. There's people that want to drive Britney insane bc yes we as fans already knows she's angry with a lot of things.

• Love 1
  • Like 5

Come on, Britney.. Really? This song wasn't about you. This song is about Halsey's life.. don't you have people working around you who will tell you that you shouldn't talk so hard? Or do you want to continue with a team that is looking for opportunities to take advantage of you and applauds everything you do? Halsey was officially describing her own journey with this song. And she was very excited about this song... and unfortunately, Halsey is a sick woman..! You're the one who wants to get support from the media and people. But you're not acting with the same sensitivity. It's not all about you. You need to learn this now. You are free now. How you look is entirely up to you. But the life you want to live does not pass this way. I'm sorry!

• Like 1

Probably Cade or someone else talked to Halsey team and allowed all of this without Britney knowledge.

And yes, Britney perception of reality is clearly not ok. She needs to seek help asap. She can't keep doing things like this.

I feel bad for Halsey, she probably very hurt by this.

• Love 4
  • Like 5

Wow, I feel sort of torn about this. I honestly really liked the song when I heard it today. The video made me sad and slightly uncomfortable. Now Britney is saying she doesn’t like it. After watching the video a 2nd time, I can understand Britney’s perspective a little bit more. I doubt Halsey meant any harm but the shaved head and blood drawing scenes may have triggered some past trauma for Britney which is understandable. I doubt Halsey wanted to make Britney look like a superficial Pop star either but I could also see it coming across that way. I guess I can see both sides of it and ultimately “Lucky” is Britney’s iconic song. Ehh may have to step away from this song/video for a little while. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, RebelMe said:

Oh my god guys. This video is about Halsey and her fight with Leukemia. Not everything is about Britney and it’s so stupid of her making this statement. It’s offensive and egocentric tbh. 

If you saw my last quote you’d see that I know what the videos about. 

I’m showing what I assume Britney would have had a knee jerk reaction to and probably wrote that message out while feeling upset and triggered by that. Not everyone knows Halsey’s personal story

Edited by sodapopbritney
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, RebelMe said:

Oh my god guys. This video is about Halsey and her fight with Leukemia. Not everything is about Britney and it’s so stupid of her making this statement. It’s offensive and egocentric tbh. 

Then I hope they get to talk! I'm shocked they didn't in the first place? I guess they talked about using the sample of the song and not about her concept for the video. All this seems like a big misunderstanding.:nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Like 1
Just now, PlatinumB said:

I just wrote this because Britney felt "offended"... :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search: Ummm No sh i t sherlock! That's exactly why I wrote it lol

Yes, and it doesn't make what Halsey did an offense to Britney. 

If you try not to think like a stan, you will understand why Britney is wrong for this.

1 minute ago, Derwood said:

It ... is... about... Britney. It uses her images, her song, her icon status. Is your brain on?

Lol, read the lyrics and try to understand that she uses a lyric sample to tell her story. Yall are all mad only because Britney is mad and trying to make it all bout her. And guess what. It’s not. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Jup1ter said:

I watched the video and the video looks like its Halsey's flop life story, however, she's using Britney's music, Britney's aesthethic and some parts are confusing and twisted to provoke on purpose to gain attention, media and fame to her. NO ONE in this industry is a saint, they know what they're doing. 

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

1 minute ago, Dark Willow said:

Yes, and it doesn't make what Halsey did an offense to Britney. 

If you try not to think like a stan, you will understand why Britney is wrong for this.

YOU don't think it is but SHE does. What's so hard to understand about that? 

Edited by PlatinumB
  • Love 3
  • Like 2

I think Halsey's telling her story, not Britneys. 

She's diagnosed with Lupus and Leukemia and battled with them.... that's why the bald and blood drawing scene....

She's not referring to Britneys head shaving incident and locked in that facility being forced to draw blood.

Halsey feels lucky to be alive so she asked Britneys permission to sample her song "Lucky" to make a song "lucky" to tell her struggles and her own story.

Britney needs to be more understanding and considerate. The world doesn't revolve around her. Not everything's about her. She's contacting lawyer about the video? like seriously ?  Can artists no longer have scenes of bald, shaving head, or blood drawing in the music videos? 

I wish Britney would take down this post. I could see why she felt this way.... But she's just wrong. Not everything is about her and needs her approval. 

Ive been a Britney fan since baby one more time, and i also love Halseys music. 

This post is so bad. 

Edited by annalai23
  • Love 7
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

Me too! So it's weird she would say this right? Also... why say it on a public platform at all. Couldn't she just talk to Hansley herself? Hopefully they do...

Girl, yes. It's weird all around. BUT the shocking part is that Halsey's video is about her own life. Halsey didn’t cut her hair—she lost it because of leukemia. It's clear it wasn’t meant to exploit Britney’s personal struggles...

Yes, Britney has the RIGHT to speak her mind, but she took it the wrong way. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.