Britney is upset with Halsey’s "Lucky" video: "I feel harassed, violated, and bullied... I'm speaking with my lawyers"

1 hour ago, KatieKat said:

Maybe she is getting help. I think some people seem to think that if someone is struggling that means they must not be getting help or don’t want help. 

The sad truth is sometimes help just doesn’t help. 

People seem to understand that concept when it comes to physical health. No one looks at someone who has an incurable physical disease and says oh what a shame they didn’t seek help. But with mental health people always seem to think there just has to be a solution and if you aren’t feeling or acting better it’s because you didn’t try.

Britney has been through a lot and may have had some issues even prior to that and maybe all that pain and rage just isn’t going to go away 

I don't think it will go away, but she can learn how to live with it.

Tina Turner never forgot the years of abuse, but she managed to control herself and learn from it.

I don't think Britney is getting help, today we had another proof we can’t trust completely what she writes on social media... we don't know if she is going to therapy and/or taking medications.

Her behavior is exactly like when she mocked therapy for several posts...

I think if Britney tries she'll have a better life. Not perfect,  but better. 

Edited by Dark Willow
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Dark Willow said:

I don't think it will go away, but she can learn how to live with it.

Tina Turner never forgot the years of abuse, but she managed to control herself and learn from it.

I don't think Britney is getting help, today we had another proof we can’t trust completely what she writes on social media... we don't know if she is going to therapy and/or taking medications.

Her behavior is exactly like when she mocked therapy for several posts...

I think if Britney tries she'll have a better life. Not perfect,  but better. 

Why does Britney need help for someone bringing up her low points in a song that profits off of Britney? Maybe if Halsey donates some proceeds to mental health causes then I can maybe see your point.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Body ache said:

Why does Britney need help for someone bringing up her low points in a song that profits off of Britney? Maybe if Halsey donates some proceeds to mental health causes then I can maybe see your point.

Britney will still complain about bullying even if Halsey donates everything to mental health causes... 

Britney literally mocked Selena Gomez work as a mental health activist.

We can admit Britney was wrong here.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Dark Willow said:

Britney will still complain about bullying even if Halsey donates everything to mental health causes... 

Britney literally mocked Selena Gomez work as a mental health activist.

We can admit Britney was wrong here.

Halsey should have been in communication with Britney every step of the way on such a sensitive subject so that there wouldn’t be any miscommunication. Halsey was in the wrong here.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Body ache said:

Halsey should have been in communication with Britney every step of the way on such a sensitive subject so that there wouldn’t be any miscommunication. Halsey was in the wrong here.

Halsey said Britney gave her the blessing... that's enough. She didn't need to talk to Britney, she did it because she is a fan.

Britney didn't write or produced Lucky... Halsey only needed RCA and Max Martin allowing her.

If Halsey only talked to "Britney" by email then someone lied to her and pretended to be Britney. 

If Britney's team is allowing everything using her name and music... that's not Halsey fault.

The music video is about her disease and her fame (Halsey)

• Like 5

When this topic started it got to 5 or 6 pages in way under an hour. At one point I saw it said 35 users are here.

As a new person on this forum I gotta say you guys really got busy fast! Looked great. It seems like it has slowed down a little, but wow, lots of activity, how many pages will it end up being?

• Like 1

First of all, I really empathise and respect Halsey’s journey with her health troubles. Nobody should undermine that. However, showcasing her story referencing Britney’s image and struggles is tacky and smells like attention seeking. Since this topic is very personal for Halsey, she should have portrayed her story in an original and intimate way. Comparing her struggles with Britney’s is not a good look neither for her or Britney. She should have just used the Lucky sample and leave it at that. The video is cringe and ugly. Britney is right this time, the whole thing looked like a cosplay of Britney’s artistry and life.She only backtracked because someone told her that attacking a person with health problems is not a good look. 

On a side note,I know Britney’s rants and social media posts are annoying to everyone but let’s not decide what she can or can’t express. I hate what she posts most of the time and I’ve expressed my frustration here, but at the end of the day she’s finally found a way to communicate her feelings and thoughts to people. Sure, she’s immature, selfish and annoying but she doesn’t hurt anybody only herself because she takes everything so seriously. She should continue her therapy to build up her self-esteem and image issues. Bringing up her mental health problems and acting like you all know her diagnoses just because she said something you don’t like is very inappropriate. Also, stop complaining that she “destroys” her legacy. LOL. There are artists out there acting like fools and actually being bad people who hurt people and their careers are just fine. Let her be annoying and burn bridges with everyone in the business if she wants. Who cares, none of these pop stars advocated for her when she was in a conservatorship. She’s authentic and and has a rockstar attitude. 

The only one who gains something out of this is Halsey. I hope it was worth it. 

This was way too long, I’m sorry, just had too many thoughts about this mess. 

Edited by Rosewater
  • Love 8

I understand why Britney reacted like this. Ppl need to cut her some slack & stop being angry & judgemental. The most judgemental ppl are the loudest. Britney has done 1 tweet upset about the video. She now has 18 pages of ppl largely piling on her. It's just the same as it always was, if she steps out of line & isn't perfect EVERYONE decides she needs to know how "bad" she was. Some ppl on here honestly make me sick.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

OMG it’s just one embarassing event to another with her. what is she doing. 
1. Go to a therapist

2. Get off social media 

3. Get out of Los Angeles and go to the island where you could disappear like you always wanted to.

You have more money than billions of people could ever dream of.
Fix your life and live it instead of being in this never ending destructive cycle. It’s like she never wants peace 

• Love 2
  • Like 5

honestly I hope it was a stunt

but if it was, **** y'all, we defend britney all the time, it's not nice to fool the people that care about you 

if it wasn't I'm sure y'all are smart enough to understand that britney doesn't keep up with Halsey's life and don't act innocent it is pretty obvious she included the shaving head scene to channel britney too (I know she's sick) (I feel really sorry for her) (still, using a britney spears sample on a song about shaving your head it's obnoxious)

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Rosewater said:

First of all, I really empathise and respect Halsey’s journey with her health troubles. Nobody should undermine that. However, showcasing her story referencing Britney’s image and struggles is tacky and smells like attention seeking. Since this topic is very personal for Halsey, she should have portrayed her story in an original and intimate way. Comparing her struggles with Britney’s is not a good look neither for her or Britney. She should have just used the Lucky sample and leave it at that. The video is cringe and ugly. Britney is right this time, the whole thing looked like a cosplay of Britney’s artistry and life.She only backtracked because someone told her that attacking a person with health problems is not a good look. 

On a side note,I know Britney’s rants and social media posts are annoying to everyone but let’s not decide what she can or can’t express. I hate what she posts most of the time and I’ve expressed my frustration here, but at the end of the day she’s finally found a way to communicate her feelings and thoughts to people. Sure, she’s immature, selfish and annoying but she doesn’t hurt anybody only herself because she takes everything so seriously. She should continue her therapy to build up her self-esteem and image issues. Bringing up her mental health problems and acting like you all know her diagnoses just because she said something you don’t like is very inappropriate. Also, stop complaining that she “destroys” her legacy. LOL. There are artists out there acting like fools and actually being bad people who hurt people and their careers are just fine. Let her be annoying and burn bridges with everyone in the business if she wants. Who cares, none of these pop stars advocated for her when she was in a conservatorship. She’s authentic and and has a rockstar attitude. 

The only one who gains something out of this is Halsey. I hope it was worth it. 

This was way too long, I’m sorry, just had too many thoughts about this mess. 

honestly perfectly said, her “fans” here hate her more than the GP it’s sad like just unfollow and live your life 

• Like 4

Halsey should just know that Britney hates her now lol. Kidding…(or am I). 

At first I thought like everyone it was an overreaction by Britney but honestly she’s said/showed us so many times how upsetting those parts of her life were, especially the head shaving incident.

In her book I remember she said something about Sam trying to tell her it was badass like GI Jane, but you could hear through her writing how devastated she still is over it happening and how it continues to be brought up. She was so upset over the documentaries that played out her struggles over and over that she kept saying she cried for weeks.

I feel like Halsey could have done a cool song and video like this without involving Britney.  As a fan I’m sure she knows how sensitive Britney is about her past. Make it about fame in general? Original song for her original struggles? And it’s true that dressing as her in the body suit and other aspects of the video does make it seem like she’s drawing parallels between Britney’s life and hers, which means she could even be alluding to her with the shaved head.

Britney probably saw this and felt like it was Cry Me A River all over again. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Benjamyn said:

Britney has truly become an embarrassment to herself.

Grow the **** up and learn how to handle your emotions, it's pathetic.

A LOT of people experience personality changing trauma, and CANT afford the best therapy in the world...

Sorry, but what a vile take.

• Love 4

Quando Britney deve trascinare qualcuno lo fa su IG.

Questa è opera di quel perdente di Cade.

The video sucks, promoting on people's suffering would not please anyone.

Edited by BPI
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.