What would you change about the digital editions of the albums?

Baby:

Remove the Baby song remixes.

Oops:

Add the missing ones

11.    "When Your Eyes Say It"
12.    "Girl in the Mirror" 
13.    "You Got It All"    
14.    "Heart"    
15.    "Dear Diary"

Britney:

I would remove the cover with the red sign at the bottom left and put the normal cover (the Europe reissue with the bonuses does not actually have that sign)

Add the remixes

16. Overprotected (Darckchild Remix)

17. "Boys" (Co-Ed remix) 

In The Zone

add this

14. "The Answer"

15. "Don't Hang Up"

16. "Boys And Girls"

Quit the Chaotic Ep with Kevin and add one Ep that was release in Japan as "Someday (I Will Understand)" that have Over To You Know: 

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/1653182-Britney-Spears-Someday-I-Will-Understand

Secondary, 2 of 6

1 Someday (I Will Understand)

2  Chaotic

3 Mona Lisa

4 Over To You Now

5 Someday (I Will Understand) (Hi-Bias Remix)

Blackout

Change the cover for one with more color like this:

Mi05MTk4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Ni03MTAzLmpwZWc.jpeg

Looks better, the other the color is to soft

And add Outta This World

13."Outta This World"

14."Everybody"

15."Get Back"

No remixes.

Circus 

add all the bonus.

Femme Fatele

add Scary

What would you change?

Edited by descg
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Fita said:

Add some of the bonus tracks of 'Britney' too. And of course remove that ugly red sign in down left as you said.

What bonus? There are all. The only song missing is Intimidated that is the b-side of Slave but not a bonus. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, descg said:

What bonus? There are all. The only song missing is Intimidated that is the b-side of Slave but not a bonus. 

No, there are 'Before The Goodbye' and 'I Run Away'. They're not on streaming platforms like Spotify.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Fita said:

No, there are 'Before The Goodbye' and 'I Run Away'. They're not on streaming platforms like Spotify.

Oh, in my Spotify yes (that is why i put the remixes as tracks 16 and 17), because im in Spain, and are European bonus. But in Youtube? In Youtube the 15 tracks right? I think in Youtube the bonus/tracklits are for everybody.

And why in Spotify it doesn't appear to me The Answer? was a bonus in the Spain edition. 

Edited by descg
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Isla said:

Where do you live? Both of these songs are on Spotify in the UK. 

He has to be from the US, but it surprises me since the Britney digital edition now is that is a "digital" deluxe version, for everyone.

Edited by descg
  • Like 1

Oops - add all the bonus tracks (Girl in the Mirror, You Got It All and Heart)

Britney - replace the album artwork to one without the red symbol (I always thought this was unofficial but actually, the album was released in Germany with this symbol, I found this out recently) because it's ugly and distracting. I'm not too bothered about adding the Overprotected/Boys remixes as they were on GH:MP anyway

In the Zone - add bonus tracks (The Answer and Don't Hang Up), remove the In the Zone DVD North American bonus disc and replace with the European version so we can have Girls and Boys on streaming

Chaotic EP - add Japanese bonus tracks (Over To You Now and that remix of Someday)

Blackout - add Japanese bonus tracks (Outta This World and Paul Oakenfold remix of Gimme More)

Circus - add missing bonus tracks (Amnesia, Quicksand, Trouble and Rock Boy)

Femme Fatale - add Scary 

Britney Jean - I guess add the remixes of Work B ! t c h included on the Japanese version of the album?

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, descg said:

He has to be from the US, but it surprises me since the Britney edition now is a "digital" deluxe version, for everyone.

Yeah I found out recently (there was definitely a thread about the album recently where we spoke about this and also how I found out about the album being released in Germany with the ugly red symbol on the artwork) that the album was at one point reissued digitally worldwide to include all the bonus tracks (When I Found You, I Run Away, Before the Goodbye). This is the version of the album available on streaming/iTunes in the UK. Otherwise the UK version of the album released back in 2001 omitted I Run Away, but did include the other two bonus tracks. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Isla said:

Yeah I found out recently (there was definitely a thread about the album recently where we spoke about this and also how I found out about the album being released in Germany with the ugly red symbol on the artwork) that the album was at one point reissued digitally worldwide to include all the bonus tracks (When I Found You, I Run Away, Before the Goodbye). This is the version of the album available on streaming/iTunes in the UK. Otherwise the UK version of the album released back in 2001 omitted I Run Away, but did include the other two bonus tracks. 

The red signal is from a Europe edition with:

Video - Overprotected (Exclusive Performance)   but 13 tracks

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/1965262-Britney-Britney

The 15 tracks edition was a 2004 "reedition" for Europe

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/2259744-Britney-Spears-Britney

And the "digital deluxe edition" is the same tracklist from that edition of 2004 from Europe.

The Spain edition was a 13 track (When I found You) without that red signal (but that thing on the left side of the jewel case that says "Enhanced Cd", this:

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/1020254-Britney-Spears-Britney

Basically the same as the one with the red signal but whithout the red signal.

A few years ago I bought the 2004 reissue right on discogs, it has all 15 songs and it doesn't have the red or the "Enhanced Cd" and cheap. 

Discogs is the best web to look all the versions (even with the codes) and for buy them (the Japanese editions even come new).

Oh and the 2004 european version the paper of the blooket is better more like less paper... More quality.

Edited by descg
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, descg said:

Oh, in my Spotify yes (that is why i put the remixes as tracks 16 and 17), because im in Spain, and are European bonus. But in Youtube? In Youtube the 15 tracks right? I think in Youtube the bonus/tracklits are for everybody.

And why in Spotify it doesn't appear to me The Answer? was a bonus in the Spain edition. 

25 minutes ago, Isla said:

Where do you live? Both of these songs are on Spotify in the UK. 

Oh, I just remembered I actually do listen to those tracks on spotify. Then I'd say 'why should I be sad' should be on blackout digital versions...

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Fita said:

Oh, I just remembered I actually do listen to those tracks on spotify. Then I'd say 'why should I be sad' should be on blackout digital versions...

Why Should I Be Sad is in all the short standard editions, maybe you mean Outta This World.

Edited by descg
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, descg said:

Why should I be sad is in the all the short standard editions, maybe you mean Outta This World.

is it? damn, sorry i'm mixing it all. I usually do that by those 2 tracks. I like both of them. They should be available everywhere.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Fita said:

is it? damn, sorry i'm mixing it all. I usually do that by those 2 tracks. I like both of them. They should be available everywhere.

Why Should I Be Sad Is the final track without bonus, even in the Japan editions they don't change the back (only put a black and white paper blooket (like always in Japan editions) with the bonus), The only edition that they change the back was the Target from USA:

OC05MDQyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Also the blooket:

MS00NTU4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Edited by descg
34 minutes ago, PolySpears said:

I just don't understand why the Overprotected Darkchild Remix mv is not on her yt channel :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

Yes that is another one, maybe to avoid paying Darkchild or the director the rights? because one is enough?

Just now, descg said:

Why Should I Be Sad Is the final track without bonus, even in the Japan editions they don't change the back (only put a black and white paper blooket (like always in Japan editions) with the bonus, The only edition that they change the back was the Target from USA:

OC05MDQyLmpwZWc.jpeg

Also the blooket:

MS00NTU4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Okay... But if you consider japan editions then we (almost) have it all because they almost always have those extra tracks... I'm talking about digital platforms - in this case Spotify because it's the one I chose to use and it's popular/easier to use it. 'Why Should I Be Sad' is there. But 'Outta This World' or A Song About You and Oops bonus tracks as you said are not there. They just don't pay much attention to B's catalog as fans do. But little details matter for us IMO (they removed Glory standard edition... The covers are not HQ...). Anyways, that's my contribution. :)

Interesting topic… :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

The following need to be added:

Playlist: The Very Best of Britney Spears

Oops! I Did It Again: The Best of Britney Spears

Oops!...I Did It Again (Remixes and B-Sides)

These are officially released compilations and you can never have enough Britney. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

I would also like to see them add more singles with rare remixes to her streaming catalog. Madonna’s team has been slowly but surely releasing her singles to include the remixes released on the maxi single versions. 

Also we are missing several bonus tracks such as “Girls and Boys,” “Over To You Now,” “Amnesia,” “Quicksand,” “Trouble,” “Rock Boy,” “Scary,” etc.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.