Britney piece exhibited in Paris

Gosh, instead of being thankful for experiencing the same time period with Britney, people l-o-v-e to use her as their punching bags.

I think it’s utterly pathetic. I swear to god people who try to put her down are literally earn a living by talking smack and sitting on their fat lazy *****.

Edited by rebellion_is_the_way
  • Love 2

Wtf is peoples problems? Why does it say failures on her head? What a f.ucking loser flop of an artist, who ever it is. I guess once u have no talent  u need to do this kind of crap to gain attention. Pay it dust plz.

• Love 5

“Britney Spears, a world-famous pop icon, has been the center of media attention and public scrutiny since the start of her career. In recent years, her tumultuous personal life has sparked debate and raised questions about the control exerted over her. Examining her journey, one can find surprising similarities to Alice in Wonderland, where reality seems to become distorted and the quest for freedom becomes a labyrinthine journey.

Britney Spears got her start in the music industry at a young age, quickly becoming a global sensation with her debut album Baby One More Time. At that time, she was like Alice, entering a new and strange world of fame. Media pressure and incessant expectations are strangely similar to going down the white rabbit hole, where reality transforms into a complex maze. Over the years, Britney has been subject to strict control, including through the legal conservatorship that managed her personal and financial life. This situation recalls the rigid control placed on Alice when she followed the White Rabbit into its burrow, finding herself trapped in a world where the rules seemed to be constantly changing. Britney, like Alice, faced constraints that seemed irrational and often unfair.

In Wonderland, Alice finds herself confronted with the tyranny of the Queen of Hearts, who controls everything with an iron fist. Analogously, Britney Spears has described her conservatorship as oppressive, where every aspect of her life was regulated and dictated. The comparison between the Queen of Hearts' castle and conservatorship in Britney's life raises questions about excessive control and the limits of personal freedom. Throughout her career, Britney has expressed her desire for freedom and normalcy, aspirations shared by Alice in her quest to return to reality. Like Alice, Britney seeks to regain control of her life, including speaking out in court hearings and expressing her desire to end her parents' guardianship and escape a strange and unjust world.

The similarities between Britney Spears' life and Alice's fantasy journey highlight the challenges that teenagers can face who suddenly find themselves thrust into a complex and often unforgiving adult world. Britney's quest to regain her freedom resonates as a call for autonomy and self-rediscovery, just like Alice's search for reality in a fantasy land.“

• Love 8

Here's what I found of the gallery website:

For its new exhibition, the Les Filles du Calvaire gallery in Paris turns its attention to Britney Spears. On view until September 21, 2024, this free installation, entitled "Failures", unveils a series of works imagined around the famous American icon, whose life is paralleled by the universe and story of Alice in Wonderland.

" ...Baby One More Time ", " Toxic ", " Gimme More ", " Oops!.... I Did It Again ", " Criminal ", " Sometimes " and " Womanizer "... all hits by Britney Spears! A true pop icon, the American star has long been in the spotlight. In recent years, Britney Spears ' personal life has once again become the talk of the town. And some may see some surprising similarities with the world and story of Alice in Wonderland. Like Alice, Britney had that feeling of reality transformed into a complex labyrinth. Like Alice, the singer found herself confronted with tyranny. And like Alice, the American star expressed her desire for freedom and "normality".

A similarity that a dozen contemporary artists have decided to highlight in an original exhibition entitled " Failures ".

On view free of charge until September 21, 2024 at Galerie Les Filles du Calvaire in Paris, " Failures " unveils a series of works by Jérémy Berton, Corentin Darré and Bryce Delplanque, Ophélie Demurger, Marius Fouquet, Léo Fourdrinier, Frances Goodman, Julia Haumont, Hippolyte Hentgen, Michel Jocaille, Katinka Lampe, Thomas Lévy-Lasne, Émilie Pitoiset, Lise Stoufflet, Valentin Van Der Meulen. Works from the personal collection of the curator, Marty de Montereau, can also be admired on site. These include portraits of Kate Moss and Marilyn Monroe, a long black dress and a neon sign reading"My loneliness is killing me", in reference to the lyrics of the song "... Baby One More Time ".

They have all used their imagination and creativity to design a surprising exhibition featuring photos, sculptures and installations evoking failure, resilience and the quest for self.

1094896-failures-une-exposition-collecti

1094866-failures-une-exposition-collecti

Edited by Fita

I was like "disgusting, how disrespectful" but then I read the text and it's seems that they are team Britney! The big failures tag in her head it's kinda "clumsy" but I think they talk about the system/society?

"Like Alice, Britney had to face unfair and irrationals constraints. The conservatorship raised questions about excessive control and the limits of personnal freedom."

Britney's quest to regain her freedom resonates as a call for autonomy and self-rediscovery, just like Alice's search for reality
 in a fantasy land.

I don't think and I really hope that they are not mocking her!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

Here’s the instagram page of the gallery:

Here’s the moron who did this:

These are 3 french twinks who thinks they’re some type of artist. 

guys, work your magic :typing_keyboard_computer:

All of them has instagrams:

Jérémy Berton, Corentin Darré and Bryce Delplanque.

Exactly the type of artist and look i imagined him to be. These people need to take a seat as they are ruining it for actual GREAT talented creative artists out there. These are the the james charleses of fine art industry.

• Like 1

BTW... I can't take my eyes of this absolutely gorgeous stunning picture...

I don't understand myself why I didn't do it before but... I'm gonna print it and put in living room! The original picture tho, not this one! It's so gorgeous!

• Love 1
  • Like 4
41 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Can someone explain to me how The Alice in Wonderland explanation has anything to do with the big red word FAILURE over her forehead?

This!!! 💯 

It’s one thing to be artistic and compare her story to Alice In Wonderland but why a big red “Failure” sign on her picture? A beautiful picture at that. 

They should change the word to “Survivor.” 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Can someone explain to me how The Alice in Wonderland explanation has anything to do with the big red word FAILURE over her forehead?

Sounds weird for me too but with “failure” maybe the artist referenced the negative labels often put on her by trash media like “bad role model”, “bad mom”, “bad girl”, “cheater” and etc. I see it more as a critic of the system that wronged her. During a journey Alice is kinda struggling too, no one seems to listen to her and she is taken advantage of, so much so that she sometimes loose her tamper and her nice little girl image, like Britney. Britney was so kind, seemed so “pure” then the dark side of the industry got to her and she lost some of her innocence. I hope it make sense, I’m not very good in English and also I’m drunk, bye :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

• Like 1

The new Marilyn Monroe! 

It's fascinating how she has become such a vital aspect of pop culture and is regularly alluded to in art. Numerous young artists have been incorporating her image lately, although some of these depictions may be in poor taste. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.