What are your top three favorite lead singles released by Britney Spears, and how do you think they influenced her career?

Me against the music 

Hold it against me 

Slave 4 you 

3 different set ups, a great combination. 

Slave: sensuality, fierceness, owning her space in very different ways 

me against the music: first feminine collaboration, a lot of dancing ( with so many great movements) I feel like this is one of the best Britney’s dancing videos

hold it against me: for me was unexpected, all her videos behind her, the smiley creepy face, the paint ( even she got some body double doing stuff) I like the aura of the video, how she looks at the camera, and the meaning behind it. The fight between her, it’s just different. I like how she did some different things with this  

Edited by Imnotcrazy
  • Like 1

Oops, Slave, Gimme More. All iconic game changers in their own ways…

Even though it’s similar to her debut single, Oops proved she was more than a one hit wonder. She quite literally “did it again”. I prefer it over BOMT.

Slave was a huge step in a more mature direction. No one expected this sound from her. She took a big risk and it paid off.

Gimme More is just the best first single she’s ever released, imo. One of the few songs that is equally loved by both men and women. Suddenly, it was “cool” to listen to Britney.

Edited by Emil87
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

BOMT, Oops and Hold It Against Me.

BOMT was the greatest debut of all time and changed the industry forever.

Oops proved she can have another hit again. 

I always thought the song title was tongue in cheek.

Hold It Against Me was her last great lead single and lead to the popularity of dubstep music in the 2010s.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Princessmimi said:

BOMT, Oops and Hold It Against Me.

BOMT was the greatest debut of all time and changed the industry forever.

Oops proved she can have another hit again. 

I always thought the song title was tongue in cheek.

Hold It Against Me was her last great lead single and lead to the popularity of dubstep music in the 2010s.

HIAM is so underrated if we think about it, but did it age well? emma stone question GIF

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.