Is Gimme More VMAs rehearsals >>>>>>> than original performance?

15 hours ago, Style. said:

Meh, but I loved the VMA performance! She delivered, and I think Britney loved it too. The world was already moving on from the typical pop star dance routine… 

Really?

She said in her book that she hate it! Everything went off that day. It is iconic in a cultural way of thinking. 

• Like 1

I used to think they did the whole thing on purpose, like she had set the expectations so high that the only way to get more people to talk about it was for it to be an absolute mess

I used to think she agreed to it being messy but after reading her book she had a very bad time after it, crying backstage. I just feel so bad for her. 

Maybe she agreed to it being messy but didn't realize until it was done how much damage it had done to her image

15 hours ago, MattB92 said:

Really?

She said in her book that she hate it! Everything went off that day. It is iconic in a cultural way of thinking. 

It was a dark day for Britney
:crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

and even though it was nice to see her on stage as a fan I always have bad memories thinking about it 

4 hours ago, Richie said:

I used to think they did the whole thing on purpose, like she had set the expectations so high that the only way to get more people to talk about it was for it to be an absolute mess

I used to think she agreed to it being messy but after reading her book she had a very bad time after it, crying backstage. I just feel so bad for her. 

Maybe she agreed to it being messy but didn't realize until it was done how much damage it had done to her image

There’s no way she planned it to ruin her reputation. I think she was just in a dark place in life and felt like a loser in life and that end up showing on the outside. She should’ve avoided working altogether at the time but whatever happened happened and not much can be done about that. 

• Like 1

I love this performance so much, to experience it live on TV was so crazy,

a million feelings all at once, I love it so much

I love the jewellery and the way she was a lil bit slow to meet the dark vibes

:bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping:

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 6:50 PM, ss0725 said:

I will never forgive how the original choreo wasn’t executed. The rehearsals with the stand in was incredible!

The original choreo wasn't strong enough to begin with. It wasn't good for Britney's big comeback.I agree that if Britney was like the stand in the performance would have been better but the negative reception wouldn't have changed 

Edited by britneyqueenn

It’s just garbage choreography even when executed properly like the stand in. It was nowhere near to the Britney standards of that time. Even if Britney performed it like her peak self, it just wasn’t good at all. 

Edited by anthonyg_393

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.