Britney Spears is the ONLY female artist with an album from the 90s, 2000s & 2010s with at least 10 million certified units in the United States

Style.

I'm sorry, but where did they pull this data from? A fan Wiki page? Not Blackout and Femme Fatale selling 10 million units in the USA when they barely sold a quarter million in their first week of release.

Billboard published an article in 2020 showing that she had sold 33 million albums in the US across her ENTIRE discography.

WWW.BILLBOARD.COM

A look back at Spears' career totals and the headlines that her sophomore album made upon its chart debut.

Still a great number, but come on, let's not be delusional over false reporting.

30 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

I'm sorry, but where did they pull this data from? A fan Wiki page? Not Blackout and Femme Fatale selling 10 million units in the USA when they barely sold a quarter million in their first week of release.

Billboard published an article in 2020 showing that she had sold 33 million albums in the US across her ENTIRE discography.

WWW.BILLBOARD.COM

A look back at Spears' career totals and the headlines that her sophomore album made upon its chart debut.

Still a great number, but come on, let's not be delusional over false reporting.

If you zoom in you’ll see “units” include singles too.  

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

If you zoom in you’ll see “units” include singles too.  

I know that, but that's now what the title suggests: "Britney Spears is the only female artist with an album from the 90s, 2000s & 2010s with at least 10 million certified units in the United States"

Still on that note, the post does not seem credible. Britney is DEFINITELY a top selling artist, but she's far from top 10 of all time so to suggest she's the only female artist with such an accolade when other female artists have more than double her sales alone, it makes it a bit difficult to believe. Celine for example is someone who has been around since the 80's so are we suggesting THE Celine Dion has not had 10 million certifiable units sold in each decade since - considering she has sold over 200+ million albums alone?

Edited by Gypsy Woman
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

I know that, but that's now what the title suggests: "Britney Spears is the only female artist with an album from the 90s, 2000s & 2010s with at least 10 million certified units in the United States"

Still on that note, the post does not seem credible. Britney is DEFINITELY a top selling artist, but she's far from top 10 of all time so to suggest she's the only female artist with such an accolade when other female artists have more than double her sales alone, it makes it a bit difficult to believe. Celine for example is someone who has been around since the 80's so are we suggesting THE Celine Dion has not had 10 million certifiable units sold in each decade since - considering she has sold over 200+ million albums alone?

Actually if you read what was written AND what you quoted, it says quite clearly that she has an album from each decade that has sold units in excess of 10 million. Don't come for people when you're the one with reading comprehension issues :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

Meanwhile I’m still waiting for the source…I’ll wait…

You can choke on that hill, sis, but that doesn't make my post any less factual. The post even includes photos, especially for people like you, showing the album and singles. If it didn't click for you, it's pointless to suggest you look it up yourself—Google is free, after all. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Could you please change your name? "Gypsy" is a slur towards the Romani people, who are intentionally mislabeled as such. Instead of telling others to “look up sources,” maybe just grab a dictionary and do your part to help make the world a better place. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:
Respectfully ma’am! :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Edited by Style.
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, thegrove said:

Do you have this problem in your day to day life? :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

I see allat of pettiness lurking around here trying to diminish Britney’s accomplishments. ON A BRITNEY FORUM? Are these people out of their minds? Let me enjoy her legacy without coming at me in a passive-aggressive way just for sharing a tweet. Jeez! :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Love 5
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Style. said:

I see allat of pettiness lurking around here trying to diminish Britney’s accomplishments. ON A BRITNEY FORUM? Are these people out of their minds? Let me enjoy her legacy without coming at me in a passive-aggressive way just for sharing a tweet. Jeez! :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

She may be doing "nothing" these days but to denounce Britney Spears and everything she has accomplished... Shameful 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Style. said:

You can choke on that hill, sis, but that doesn't make my post any less factual. The post even includes photos, especially for people like you, showing the album and singles. If it didn't click for you, it's pointless to suggest you look it up yourself—Google is free, after all. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Could you please change your name? "Gypsy" is a slur towards the Romani people, who are intentionally mislabeled as such. Instead of telling others to “look up sources,” maybe just grab a dictionary and do your part to help make the world a better place. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:
Respectfully ma’am! :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Oh Chile! Dragging the trash to filth! Drag Race No GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Haha 1

Thats crazy impressive considering most of her singles during the first 3 albums were limited releases and digital wasnt really a thing. 

I feel like this new method of counting streams and stuff as units sold is quite unfair for veteran artists, i cant imagine the numbers the stars from back in the day would have if everytime that we played our cds counted towards their total of units sold like streaming does nowadays

16 hours ago, Gypsy Woman said:

WWW.BILLBOARD.COM

You sound really bitter.

You’re on a Britney forum, so take your negativity somewhere else.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.