Why is Meghan Trainor singing most of the song “I Ain’t Your Mama” while JLo is barely doing anything?💀

Posted (edited)

I personally don't care, to be honest.

I feel like as long as the original artist that actually sings is fine with it and is getting paid, it's okay. 

It's always been done. Some artists do it more than others.

It's not fine if the person actually singing doesn't get any credits or isn't paid properly though.

Edit: oh but I HATE it when Britney does it because she has the most beautiful voice in the world and it's the only one I want to hear and she can sing anything better than anyone :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Edited by everybodygoesdown
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
21 hours ago, YellowPaperSun said:

How are fellow Britney stans not aware of keeping background vocals from demo singers to save time? Jlo is singing the lead vocal and all the additional harmonies are recycled from the demo by Lou's pawn.

Britney also does this, she has demo background vocals from Coco Morier, Bonnie Mckee, Cathy Dennis etc. and it's fine because she's singing the lead vocal, it's only concerning when an artist doesn't have a single vocal in key parts of the song like the chorus or verses, which has happened before with Jlo but this is not the case :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

the difference is, these people are ALWAYS credited, at least in Britney's songs. In J.Lo's, they aren't. They're not even mentioned. Which feeds a deceitful image that J.lo is a very good vocalist, not to mention ripping off these artists of any royalties, and keeping it all to herself. It's quite literally illegal.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

the difference is, these people are ALWAYS credited, at least in Britney's songs. In J.Lo's, they aren't. They're not even mentioned. Which feeds a deceitful image that J.lo is a very good vocalist, not to mention ripping off these artists of any royalties, and keeping it all to herself. It's quite literally illegal.

I think this only happened once in the 2000s, I think Jlo's background vocalists always said they got paid, I saw Natasha Ramos saying it recently.

Meghan is also credited as both a writer and background vocalist in this track

On 7/4/2024 at 8:38 AM, Burning_Up said:

JLo doesn't sing chorus there, but the rest of the song is hers. I don't see a big deal tbh

Girls And Boys by Britney is the same case here

J.Lo's voice is mixed and audible in the chorus.

• Love 1
On 7/4/2024 at 7:43 AM, BUWYGF said:

On 7/4/2024 at 12:15 PM, YellowPaperSun said:

I think this only happened once in the 2000s, I think Jlo's background vocalists always said they got paid, I saw Natasha Ramos saying it recently.

Meghan is also credited as both a writer and background vocalist in this track

Exactly! Meghan is credited, and for the record:

1. J.Lo never ever committed "theft" or "fraud." Was she ever sued for it? No. Was she ever successfully sued for it? Neither. Paula Abdul (more precisely her record company) was once sued for it, and the background singer (Yvette Marine) lost.

2. It is not uncommon for background or co-lead vocalists not to be credited on a track. Dance music producers, for instance, often have vocalists sing on a track, and the vocalists are not always credited. Credits are not always mandatory—it depends on what was decided on the contract, and some vocalists actually demand not to be credited. In J.Lo's case, I believe they were all credited, and if not, that's what was agreed upon. And I believe they were all paid (a one-time fee at least like Myah Marie was for her background vocals on Britney Jean, and yes, many believe she also sang a lot of lead or co-lead vocals).

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 7/3/2024 at 12:44 PM, Style. said:

I know, and I hear JLo's vocals on the final song, but it sounds like they've been mixed with Meghan's. Lmao, what a mess.

I'm sorry, but this should be illegal. The same goes for Britney Jean. However, Myah's voice isn't well known enough for people to call it out like they do with JLo.

Because it's easier to stealing vocals and use them in whole songs. I hear the layering and i remember I made a video with removed Meghan vocals and with removed jlo vocal layer and it was literally meghans demo.

On 7/4/2024 at 7:54 AM, TwiggyStardust said:

Shocked to find out not a lot of people know this woman steals songs and doesn’t actually sing? How is this not common knowledge? This is how she builds and maintains her career. A side from being a really bad actress on top of it. 

People exaggerate the claims. For instance, J.Lo is definitely in the chorus of "Jenny From the Block" (I heard J.Lo's separate vocal take), and J.Lo and Sony have recently released official a cappellas on the 25th anniversary of On the 6—doesn't look like they have something to hide.

And it honestly doesn't bother me as J.Lo does the bulk of the singing regardless. Background and occasional co-lead vocals are just to boost it up and enhance the vocal sound and quality. Even BTS use background singers when they are so many already, and Britney had been making heavy use of background singers a long time before Britney Jean. Even Swimming In the Stars reportedly has a few dubbed parts.
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.