UK Publication: “Taylor Uninteresting, repetitive, basic, brain-numbingly banal”

The backlash CONTINUES to ramp up against woman-hating, mediocre Taylor Swift as more and more journalists and music reviewers get brave enough to call her out - do you AGREE with this assessment of her tour and music? :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Some highlights:

By comparison Swift’s music sounds to me like what I would listen to if I had the intellect of a very small worm. Not only is it uninteresting, repetitive and entirely basic, her lyrics are brain-numbingly banal. Take the following: “You smoked, then ate seven bars of chocolate/We declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist/I scratch your head, you fall asleep/Like a tattooed golden retriever.” Or “My muses, acquired like bruises”, or “even statues crumble, if they’re made to wait”.

More a brand than an artist, she never says anything unexpected or controversial, she’s more a capitalist construct with a business and marketing operation behind her akin to a like-generating, algorithm-outwitting juggernaut.

I physically flinch when adults tell me they love Swift. 

WWW.STANDARD.CO.UK

Does anyone else find the thud of Taylor Swift’s inexorable march to sequinned leotard world domination...

• Love 5
  • Haha 4

I physically flinch when adults tell me they love Swift. I see her as the canary in the coalmine, a talisman of our dystopian times where devices have stolen our imagination and ability for critical thought.

What does she stand for, what does she stand against? Aside from championing sequin leotards, it’s hard to tell. I also resent the fact that anyone who criticises her or questions the quality of the music is immediately savaged by her pitchfork-wielding fans and called anti-feminist

Jennifer Lopez Yes GIF by mtv

• Love 2

I liked her, she´s got good songs . And 1989 is her best album till today. 

Also her team is doing the best work and making profit of everything, I just think at this point is repetitive, we're waiting to long for the enew recording to come out, and I now they will extend this for more 2-3 years, she only has 2 more album to re-record. 

For me at this point is enough! Good for her that she's at her peak, but I think she need to close the chapter of the re-recording and do something else, bring a new sound, something different. 

Her last album for me has nothing relevant in terms of sound, ok a bunch o lyrics ppl can relate too, but her lyrics is almos related to her fans that make all the connections in this Taylor world. 

But I do not know what she is doing with all this versions of TTPD is on purpose, so ppl can start cancellling her so she can put again her Rep era. 

I mean she got too far with  number of same albums but she is definitely do not deserve that kind of hate. If they can write smth banal like she is then go and do it and be as popular as she is. Woman works hard. She deserves respect for that.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
47 minutes ago, icybaby said:

I mean she got too far with  number of same albums but she is definitely do not deserve that kind of hate. If they can write smth banal like she is then go and do it and be as popular as she is. Woman works hard. She deserves respect for that.

SHE works hard? She just pics up the colors and factories are the ones that produce all the useless trash

Yes Britney singing oops I did it again and getting naked on stage at the direction of her stage director a young misogynistic  wade Robson .. then saying I just wanted to be so sparkly … is much more of an artist. 

this article is just anti the idea of a pop star. 

leave pop stars alone … 

If she turned up the s** appeal Taylor would be hated by critics. Like people are just upset that she is a brand … and a successful one. She’s a brand like how a Disney is a brand and she’s successful .. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

this article is just anti the idea of a pop star. 

leave pop stars alone … 

If she turned up the s** appeal Taylor would be hated by critics. Like people are just upset that she is a brand … and a successful one. She’s a brand like how a Disney is a brand and she’s successful .. 

Lmao I can’t with people saying she’s a pop star. She maybe a “popular” artist but she’s not a pop star and since when did a singer become a brand wtf is that 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, KrisJ said:

“You smoked, then ate seven bars of chocolate/We declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist/I scratch your head, you fall asleep/Like a tattooed golden retriever.”

:wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Edited by PolySpears
  • Haha 3

literally don't care what mainstream media says. they are completely irrelevant. the sales show there's a huge market for this. she was #1 on billboard for a whole month with zero promo besides the collectors editions. 

the cheesy lyrics are also intentional like the Charlie puth line, same with the grand theft auto line. the tortured poets department is very meta in relation to her fame. it's basically reputation meets folklore in terms of the message of the album. 

Edited by kevin.
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

I don't know how she's getting so much stick now... Her music was always trash and basic, but it's actually got better on the latest albums...

So why all the hate now?  Releasing a new version of her album every week probably doesnt help her likeability but these journalists just seem to be jumping on a hate train.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.