Spring Breakers by Charli XCX interpolates ‘Everytime’

The best song

+ the beats of talk talk, club classics, everything is romantic

it's a silly album I wonder if there's a someone that would really drop a 6 to 8 minute songs that's the real club music

Edited by Jup1ter
6 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Brat is trash, people online saying they enjoy it just shows how terrible their taste is. “Charli” was her last good album, she fell off hard no wonder why Britney shut down rumors that she was writing for her

And the fact it got an 8.6 or some bs score from Metacritic is insanity

• Love 1
14 hours ago, RadicalOptimism said:

Charli is that girl who got obsessed with making music for gay people and everything she puts out sounds like something a gay person with horrid taste told her the gays would like. That’s her entire persona. She has a couple of good songs here and there but this whole “hyperpop” sound is so chaotic she can’t even stick to. It’s a shame Good Ones and Used To Know Me flopped because those were actually good songs 

She dissed that album saying that's what the former label wanted. 

But the critics love brat, and so does the club kids. 

It's a rave album,  it's the album dua intended to make but made a disco album and got mocked for sticking to familiar territory. 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She dissed that album saying that's what the former label wanted. 

But the critics love brat, and so does the club kids. 

It's a rave album,  it's the album dua intended to make but made a disco album and got mocked for sticking to familiar territory. 

Not you comparing Future Nostalgia to whatever **** that was 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, RadicalOptimism said:

Charli is that girl who got obsessed with making music for gay people and everything she puts out sounds like something a gay person with horrid taste told her the gays would like. That’s her entire persona. She has a couple of good songs here and there but this whole “hyperpop” sound is so chaotic she can’t even stick to. It’s a shame Good Ones and Used To Know Me flopped because those were actually good songs 

Used to know me is literally the most basic song in her discography, no wonder it's your favorite 

• Like 1

When Anthony Fantano gives the album the rare 100/100..

He infamously trashed the tortured poets department and RadicalOptimism giving them both 50/100.

But as vloggers and Reddit users in pop music forum said it's been 3 years and Charli is now his 8th album to ever recieve the rare perfect score of 100, that means we found the cultural reset and the one that us pushing music and that culture in the right direction..

Anthony is hard to impress especially in pop music as he's a hip hop and metal fan so charli must've dome something right to get him Excited like a kid in a candy store.

• Love 1

I just listened again with headphones. I hear the little snippet "everytime a tr-...". but that's a little weird way to sample/interpolate a Britney's song. I mean it sounds like they wanted to interpolate it but didn't know how and just pasted it there.

So it could be A LOT better done with a song like everytime which is iconic for so many fans.

Edited by Fita
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, Britney Baby said:

Mind you, those are probably the same basic people who praised that horrible eurovision reject song "Hold Me Closer" 

Slay Me Closer is pure art compare to this, sweetie

This song is just an awful vibrating noise, and you can't even hear Britney's voice. Most likely they did this way so they didn't have to pay royalties for sampling 'Everytime'. To put it simple, a cheap mess :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.