Free Britney documentaries are being removed from streaming

12 hours ago, sharkboy11 said:

I would love for them to be taken off for Britney's sake. She hated them. Her wishes should be respected.

She should realize that these things helped her out and aroused the interest and attention of the public. Instead of whining, say a simple THANK YOU. 

On 6/10/2024 at 12:04 AM, Wendy Williams said:

She should realize that these things helped her out and aroused the interest and attention of the public. Instead of whining, say a simple THANK YOU. 

No, they exploited her situation and highlighted all the dark times of her past. Something she didn't want and without her approval. And people went on those docs to talk about her without even asking her first. She doesn't have to thank anybody except her lawyer.

• Like 1

Maybe she finally has a team that advocates for her...Maybe her lawyer has been fighting behind the scenes to remove them? If that's the case, I'm happy for her. I've always wanted a Youtube documentary, similar to what Demi did where is just Britney speaking to the camera. 

• Love 2
On 6/9/2024 at 10:12 AM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

They're no longer relevant documentaries. Framing Britney Spears worked at a time when mainstream sources werent platforming or revisiting individuals and their careers who had been wronged; Pamela Anderson, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Logan etc. It worked as it brought eyes to Britney but the information became mute once Britney spoke out, because it removed the speculative nature of the documentary.

The BBC doc was flawed because it essentially gave platforms to individuals with little crediblity while fans were painted as a uniformed. Once again, it became null and void because Britney spoke out.

Controlling Britney Spears is still the more relevant documentary but even at that, Britney has spoken out against them.

Hide contents

Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK

2 hours ago, sharkboy11 said:

No, they exploited her situation and highlighted all the dark times of her past. Something she didn't want and without her approval. And people went on those docs to talk about her without even asking her first. She doesn't have to thank anybody except her lawyer.

Andes? Unfortunately, as a celebrity, she has to accept that her privacy is being talked about. I honestly don't care about this, but I do care that the public simply and briefly cared about Britney and people were on her side. So she should move through it and thank people for their support without further analysis. Without these people and documents, she would still be locked in a golden cage, believe me. 

@DiamondCircus

18 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

Andes? Unfortunately, as a celebrity, she has to accept that her privacy is being talked about. I honestly don't care about this, but I do care that the public simply and briefly cared about Britney and people were on her side. So she should move through it and thank people for their support without further analysis. Without these people and documents, she would still be locked in a golden cage, believe me. 

@DiamondCircus

No. She shouldn't be thankful for things that harm her. Your perception of the situation is erroneous because you did not live through it, Britney did. She's the one who suffered every day of her life for over a decade without being allowed to express herself. She has already been abused enough to continue being a 'smile and sit pretty' puppet. Victims' voices should be honored and respected.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

No. She shouldn't be thankful for things that harm her. Your perception of the situation is erroneous because you did not live through it, Britney did. She's the one who suffered every day of her life for over a decade without being allowed to express herself. She has already been abused enough to continue being a 'smile and sit pretty' puppet. Victims' voices should be honored and respected.

Okay, so if I understand you, it's better if people in 2008-2021 should ignore Britney, do nothing and just do their own thing. Britney would be happy if no one talked about her all these years and she would be better in cship. Okay. Thank you for your reply, i understand you even more now. Bye.

3 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

@DiamondCircus

Yeah, the complaints for her's about these documentaries that helped her is sad, I can see why it's not the best her having her past drummed up in these docs.

In the end they did bring more awareness, and although Britney hates the docs without them who knows if she'd be free as fast. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

Okay, so if I understand you, it's better if people in 2008-2021 should ignore Britney, do nothing and just do their own thing. Britney would be happy if no one talked about her all these years and she would be better in cship. Okay. Thank you for your reply, i understand you even more now. Bye.

My opinion is irrelevant because it is not my story to tell. Also, you must be a new fan. Back then, we didn't have documentaries, but we still advocated for her, at least some fans did. This forum has always been very pro-Free Britney, Jordan even got sued by Britney's father at one point for how vocal he (and the forum) were about the irregularities and abuse of the conservatorship. 

A victim's voice should always be respected. She doesn't owe anyone an explanation for why she doesn't like the documentaries, the point is that she was/is very vocally against them, and the media did not care. They still went ahead and made money using her name, like always... I imagine that if it had been a non-profit project, maybe Britney would have been happier. Still, I think she was just appalled that people dared to tell her story without consulting her or including her, or even just waiting until she was ready to tell her story.

Whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant because it is not your story and it is not my story; it's Britney's.

1 hour ago, DiamondCircus said:

Yeah, the complaints for her's about these documentaries that helped her is sad, I can see why it's not the best her having her past drummed up in these docs.

In the end they did bring more awareness, and although Britney hates the docs without them who knows if she'd be free as fast. 

Preach this to delusional people :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

1 hour ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

My opinion is irrelevant because it is not my story to tell. Also, you must be a new fan. Back then, we didn't have documentaries, but we still advocated for her, at least some fans did. This forum has always been very pro-Free Britney, Jordan even got sued by Britney's father at one point for how vocal he (and the forum) were about the irregularities and abuse of the conservatorship. 

A victim's voice should always be respected. She doesn't owe anyone an explanation for why she doesn't like the documentaries, the point is that she was/is very vocally against them, and the media did not care. They still went ahead and made money using her name, like always... I imagine that if it had been a non-profit project, maybe Britney would have been happier. Still, I think she was just appalled that people dared to tell her story without consulting her or including her, or even just waiting until she was ready to tell her story.

Whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant because it is not your story and it is not my story; it's Britney's.

@DiamondCircus can you please

7 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

@DiamondCircus

These docs did not free Britney. She spoke up in court, and she was able to get a new lawyer because of that. That is why she was freed. It had nothing to do with the docs or the public. Awareness was increased, yes. But none of that contributed to Matthew Rosengart walking into that courtroom and fighting for Britney. He heard her testimony and wanted to help. Britney made that happen. She freed herself.

People need to stop saying these documentaries freed her. It's just not true.

Edited by sharkboy11
2 hours ago, sharkboy11 said:

These docs did not free Britney. She spoke up in court, and she was able to get a new lawyer because of that. That is why she was freed. It had nothing to do with the docs or the public. Awareness was increased, yes. But none of that contributed to Matthew Rosengart walking into that courtroom and fighting for Britney. He heard her testimony and wanted to help. Britney made that happen. She freed herself.

Again. Another person is twisting my words again. I'm saying that thanks to the attention of the media and people, Britney was in a better position and the court couldn't kick her *** like the last 13 years. I said everything I said and you all please FINALLY ACCEPT what I said. Thank you. 

13 hours ago, sharkboy11 said:

10 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

Again. Another person is twisting my words again. I'm saying that thanks to the attention of the media and people, Britney was in a better position and the court couldn't kick her *** like the last 13 years. I said everything I said and you all please FINALLY ACCEPT what I said. Thank you. 

They act as if Britney did this on her own, Britney clearly thanked the fans for saving her life on IG on video.

It was the media attention, the free Britney movement, the documentaries bringing awareness and of course Britney's ground breaking testimony. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

They act as if Britney did this on her own, Britney clearly thanked the fans for saving her life on IG on video.

It was the media attention, the free Britney movement, the documentaries bringing awareness and of course Britney's ground breaking testimony. 

You always come at the right moment and call a spade a spade  :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1
On 6/12/2024 at 11:01 AM, sharkboy11 said:

Oh get real. 

What do you think was the catalyst for her to get a lawyer in the first place? She had been fighting against the conservatorship since it’s inception in 2008. She spoke to the judge multiple times about her abuse throughout the years. They even had a pending investigation on the conservatorship & none of that went anywhere. They completely swept it all under the rug & didn’t listen to her until the Free Britney public pressure was applied.

You write as if contacting Britney during those times was so easy & accessible. In the moment, i’m going to assume *most* of those involved in at least the Framing/Controlling documentary’s had good intentions & were trying to help the best way they could. I don’t think any of them got paid by the NYT & many risk their livelihoods going against team con, who at that point had all of Britney’s money & resources at their finger tips. They didn’t know how speaking against team con would go for them, and they still did it anyway because it was what they thought was right at the moment . It’s unfair to talk down on them now because Britney might have not liked the documentary’s, which she confirmed she never even watched.

Ultimately Britney’s powerful testimony sealed the deal & allowed her to hire Rosengart and lead to the termination of the cship. But make no mistake about it, if those fans hadn’t protested outside the court house & those documentaries hadn’t been made to ignite public outrage, Britney would most likely still be in the conservatorship today…or worse.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.