Nicki Minaj earns her second Diamond single in the US with ‘Bang Bang.’

25 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

That is cool!

Is she the only female rapper who has Diamond singles?

Cardi has 3. Bodak Yellow, I Like It, Girls Like You. :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:
It’s insane if you ask me. 

6 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Wow idk that!

Are you a fan of Cardi or do you prefer Nicki?

So, my history with Cardi is quite a rollercoaster. I was a huge fan of her come up and her Bodak Yellow song, but I stopped following her after the Bazaar incident where she threw shoes at Nicki. That was so uncalled for, and it made me realize they were marketing her to be Nicki’s nemesis.

I don’t hate on her these days, though. Also, her peak is kinda over… 

6 hours ago, Red Wine Supernova said:

And this is Ari’s only diamond single so far..

Insane if you ask me. Sometimes I feel like these benchmarks don’t mean anything. There’s no denial that both Ari and Nicki are mega stars. 

Anyways here’s a video of Nicki using Jessie J as a railing while slaying her verse:billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

There are only 120 artists with a diamond single, so this feat is pretty huge. It’s a bit insane that she doesn’t have any other song reaching this mark. Her ‘thank u, next’ singles are way better than this, though. If we’re being honest, ‘Bang Bang’ hasn’t aged well. But anyway, the song was huge, and its success is definitely worth acknowledging.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, Style. said:

So, my history with Cardi is quite a rollercoaster. I was a huge fan of her come up and her Bodak Yellow song, but I stopped following her after the Bazaar incident where she threw shoes at Nicki. That was so uncalled for, and it made me realize they were marketing her to be Nicki’s nemesis.

I don’t hate on her these days, though. Also, her peak is kinda over… 

Yeah I like both of them but Nicki has a much stronger catalog plus Cardi only released 1 album while Nicki released several.

Idk how she still manages to be relevant in the music industry without a 2nd album or having her own tour.

I've never seen that happen before.

Its interesting.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah I like both of them but Nicki has a much stronger catalog plus Cardi only released 1 album while Nicki released several.

Idk how she still manages to be relevant in the music industry without a 2nd album or having her own tour.

I've never seen that happen before.

Its interesting.

She is still relevant on social media, but music wise she hasn’t had a hit since Up which was in 2021 or what? :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Style. said:

She is still relevant on social media, but music wise she hasn’t had a hit since Up which was in 2021 or what? :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

I think it was like 2022.

Honestly I prefer Nicki’s music but prefer the personality of Cardi.

Cardi has a very charismatic personality while Nicki is petty and egotistical.

Which sucks cause that attitude overshadows her amazing work.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, princessmimi said:

I think it was like 2022.

Honestly I prefer Nicki’s music but prefer the personality of Cardi.

Cardi has a very charismatic personality while Nicki is petty and egotistical.

Which sucks cause that attitude overshadows her amazing work.

Yeah, I understand it. At the end of the day, Cardi is the only female rapper who came close to Nicki’s stats despite releasing one album. She is not the most talented for sure, but releasing smash hits left and right is not an easy feat. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
8 minutes ago, Style. said:

Yeah, I understand it. At the end of the day, Cardi is the only female rapper who came close to Nicki’s stats despite releasing one album. She is not the most talented for sure, but releasing smash hits left and right is not an easy feat. 

True.

15 hours ago, Style. said:

After breaking up with Safaree her boyfriend at that time, she suffered from depression. He was there for her during her peak years from 2010 to 2014. After the breakup, things went downhill. In an interview, she admitted to often seeking his input. This is when the rumors about him ghostwriting for her started to spread. But later on got denied by both him, Nicki and their ex band members… cause yeah, she was in a band, weird lol :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Thanks for clarifying. Makes a lot more sense now to me

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, RadicalOptimism said:

@Style. are you on Nicki’s live? They arrested her for having dr**s in Europe and she’s saying they were paid to sabotage the tour :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

LMAO YES, I’m also on 100 live Barbz :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

They also found that Nicki’s biggest Twitter page is run by an ex Barb turned Hottie. I’m literally screamingSeason 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.