Jive insider reveals Born To Make You Happy was one of Britney's favorites

Posted (edited)

Unpopular opinion: this song is not it. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:
I think they made the right call not releasing as a single in the US - might’ve worked abroad but here don’t think this would’ve done well chart-wise or gone mainstream.

I even showed the video to some colleagues at work and they were like “this is the worst Britney song I’ve ever heard” lol 

Edited by LickedABattery
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 6:37 PM, princessmimi said:

Wtf why didn’t the US radio like it?

Its the best song on BOMT and one of her best from her prime!

It would’ve been a better single than FTBOMBH.

I don't recall ever hearing anything but "you drive me crazy" and "oops...i did it again" on the radio.  I don't think average Americans have much taste in music back then seems they wanted depressing music like grunge, post grunge or violent misogynistic hip-hop artists like Puff Daddy.

Edited by Jassoe3
  • Super Mods
13 minutes ago, Jassoe3 said:

I don't recall ever hearing anything but "you drive me crazy" and "oops...i did it again" on the radio.  I don't think average Americans have much taste in music back then seems they wanted depressing music like grunge, post grunge or violent misogynistic hip-hop artists like Puff Daddy.

I agree and im from America.

I think its interesting how even though BTMYH wasn't a single here in the states,

It still was promoted through the VHS tape that Britney and NSYNC did for Mcdonalds.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.