Are you a Mean Gay? This may be why...

from what i noticed, if another gay person doesn’t wanna f you, they’re rude. i don’t really have gay friends, i did meet this really seeet lesbian lady. she was like the only one who showed me kindness as a young gay. sadly she passed away in a car accident. but i will always remember how sweet she was to me. currently i’m at the stage in my life where i realize people just like to gossip or talk behind your back in general. gay or not, so these days i have like 2 friends i talk to just like in general. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Style. said:

Yes, and I'm grateful that my university roommates were straight. While we weren't the closest friends, we kept our relationship respectful, which is very important to me. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

At one point I had some gay friends in real life too, but it was too much — just like you said, most of them are catty and gossipy…. I was like go fix your issues ho’. So I just stopped going out with them. :bcut_britney_clapboard:

I think they enjoy it. Henry on here is the perfect embodiment of the ultimate mean and nasty catty gay I avoid at all costs IRL. It’s sad that the community preaches inclusivity and acceptance but only if you fit their little niche of petty, vapid, vain, and bitter queens that secretly hate each other. No thanks I get enough of that here 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, RadicalOptimism said:

I think they enjoy it. Henry on here is the perfect embodiment of the ultimate mean and nasty catty gay I avoid at all costs IRL. It’s sad that the community preaches inclusivity and acceptance but only if you fit their little niche of petty, vapid, vain, and bitter queens that secretly hate each other. No thanks I get enough of that here 

I remember in high school there was a gay boy in my class, and my classmates bullied him relentlessly until he tragically took his own life. I just think about him and what I could’ve done to maybe save him, to support him… my HS years were so confusing even for myself. I just now realize how embarrassing we are as a society, whether you are gay or not. It’s inhumane to live in a society where school IS the most dangerous place to be. 

This sadly reflects the upbringing of many gay individuals, which can sometimes influence their behavior as adults. While I can empathize with their experiences, I still can't condone it...:byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

offf boy the stories I could tell of mean gays and how much I stay away from them at all cost.

In my personal experience, its muscle gym queens that are the worst. And being a gym rat myself, they tried multiple times to sort of initiate me into their little society. These muscle queens who feel certain entitlement for having their group and being a part of it, because everyone wants to be with them or be them. On parties they take their t shirts off so everyone could stare and they could feed off of it.

I basically refused being friends with them, and the reactions were always hilarious. First they'd pretend they dont know me on parties, but once they saw i didnt give two fu*ks whether they say hi to me or not, they'd approach me and ask why im so angry with them lol. When I'd say I have no reason to be angry, therefore I'm not, they'd then tell me what someone gossips about me. I also didn't give two fu*ks about that which really made them go insane for some reason lol. In the end, they realized they hold no power over me because I don't need validation, not their nor anyone's.

It is very sad to me how there are these grown men in their 30s behaving like mean girls in high school, it's honestly something that should be looked into from a professional POV. It's sad and miserable. Being a 16 year old mean girl still imagining shes in high school, only locked in a body of a 35 year old muscular man. Must be sad existence. 

I do have gay friends though, and they are wonderful people. And just like me, they stay as far away from toxic gays as possible. 

Live your lives people, other people do not matter whatsoever. 

I don’t revolve my existence around my ***uality unlike alot of gay men. They can be awful and mean - they end up in their 40’s and 50’s still bouncing from guy to guy and living vapid, unfulfilling lives 

Being in a apartment full of gays can be problematic. However, I've made lifelong friends after 6 months. 

I am a self professed mean gay but I am always there for my friends, emotionally, and physically. I really think these guys secretly wanna fk each other and I prefer not to cross that line. Others have, and it doesn't change anything, and I'm happy for you if that's the case. 

The whole irreverent personality of a mean gay is out of fashion now though. People tend to be more caring, so let's be there for eachother, and honest. It's free and it's good for the earth. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.