9 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera – who grossed $31.8 million together in their Justified/Stripped tour in 2003 

• Duration: March 2, 2004 – June 6, 2004
  • Shows: 53
  • Box Office: $63,511,000

Try again. Also you say Dirty and Slave 4 U TODAY  people will Know slave more people will know Slave so what are you even on abouT you delusional wishboy LMAO!

LMAO and the International part of the tour (the bigger and solo) WHAT? 

27 in Europe
3 in Asia
7 in Oceania
37 in total

Start date    September 22, 2003
End date    December 17, 2003

$75 million 

75 + 32 = 107

GAME OVER *****

Edited by descg
On 4/19/2024 at 11:12 PM, Derrick said:

I mean she is half Ecuadorian so I don’t think being white passing is her cosplaying. The 2000s were a weird *** time tho lol

but to answer the OP, no she didn’t touch Britney’s legacy with Dirty. She had a couple bops but nothing can touch Slave! 

You can be of African or European descent and also be a Latina. She is of mostly European descent on her Ecuadorian side (largely Spanish and Galican). Black and White Latinos are not uncommon:

Edited by NotBuyingIt

Stripped is when I really appreciated Christina, it's her best work to date.

- Christina just 'copied' what Britney was doing. Good girl gone bad image. She just really delivered well with Dirrty, Christina managed to push the envelope, went next level after SLAVE

- all WHILE Britney was kinda on a 'break' during that era as she finished DWAD and released all singles from the album.

- The entire album was great and I think Christina delivered in terms of hits, lyrics, overall image

I don't think she ever did manage to 'end' Britney in any way but this album was great and it was released in the correct place and time when Britney was finishing the 'Britney' era, this played a lot in her favor and I think they (her and her management) were preparing from this during DWAD/Britney and planned to release it asap when possible after B ends her 'era'.

Good job to Chrstina, but all that was taken during 2003 VMAs and the crown was back with B

10 hours ago, descg said:

LMAO and the International part of the tour (the bigger and solo) WHAT? 

27 in Europe
3 in Asia
7 in Oceania
37 in total

Start date    September 22, 2003
End date    December 17, 2003

$75 million 

75 + 32 = 107

GAME OVER *****

she had so many more dates and only managed to do  that? Hun if you think if you went up to people today and ask which song they know and more Iconic....Slave 4 u or Dirrty ......Slave would and always has scalped Dirty. Kind of funny britney does a hot warm sweaty video......Xtina then follows suits. Babe britney always set trends and Christina just tried to follow. Also that tour many went for Justin nor just her. Onyx just a solo act . ***** bye 

I think both of them are iconic in their own right, but it kind of felt like Dirrty was Xtina's response to Slave (since it came first) - and altho they were being developed at the same time, that's how it was seen from the outside.

Bless Xtina, always the bridesmaid, never the bride

9 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

and ask which song they know and more Iconic....Slave 4 u or Dirrty ......Slave would and always has scalped Dirty.

Also that tour many went for Justin nor just her. Onyx just a solo act . ***** bye 

I see in the media, in the people and in my friends that Dirrty is more memorable, i don't need to ask.
And what part that the first leg of the tour was as solo act u don't understand?

Also Dirrty is not the only single of Stripped. Beautiful, Fighter and The Voice Within are memorable.

Edited by descg
10 hours ago, Daredevil said:

but this album was great and it was released in the correct place

It wasn't the best time, it was late. She's always put out albums very late. After the debut she would have had to release another album in 2001 or release Stripped in early 2002 when she performed with Infatuation at the Olympics Games in February. Also Back To Basics should have been released in 2005 instead of 2006 and Bionic in 2008/9 instead of 2010. But she's very perfectionist (and lazy) with albums and they're very long (in the case of Bionic, maybe the record company had something to do with it, we don't know). And she doesn't care about sales, too.

Imagine if it had been:

- Stripped in the spring of 2002 with Infatuation or Get Mine, Get Yours as first single (and Dirrty second)

- Back To Basics in 2005

- Bionic in 2008/9 (no Greatest Hits or in 2009 after Bionic)

- Burlesque the same date in 2010

Edited by descg
10 hours ago, Daredevil said:

- Christina just 'copied' what Britney was doing. Good girl gone bad image. She just really delivered well with Dirrty, Christina managed to push the envelope, went next level after SLAVE

Lady Mermelade was before Slave, and Lady Mermelade is the Good girl gone bad image epitome example. So no, even before Lady Mermelade she wanted to distance herself from that pop image with braids in her hair, etc. 

Edited by descg
3 minutes ago, kevin. said:

if Christina didn't have a part in this song she might have just been forgotten

No when Genie, Lady Mermelade, and Beautiful exist (even Hurt and Candyman).

Edited by descg
10 hours ago, descg said:

It wasn't the best time, it was late. She's always put out albums very late. After the debut she would have had to release another album in 2001 or release Stripped in early 2002 when she performed with Infatuation at the Olympics Games in February. Also Back To Basics should have been released in 2005 instead of 2006 and Bionic in 2008/9 instead of 2010. But she's very perfectionist (and lazy) with albums and they're very long (in the case of Bionic, maybe the record company had something to do with it, we don't know). And she doesn't care about sales, too.

Imagine if it had been:

- Stripped in the spring of 2002 with Infatuation or Get Mine, Get Yours as first single (and Dirrty second)

- Back To Basics in 2005

- Bionic in 2008/9 (no Greatest Hits or in 2009 after Bionic)

- Burlesque the same date in 2010

I think at least Stripped was released strategically during that time to grasp when B was not releasing music. It has almost always been the same, B took the crown each time. 'crown'=money

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block