10 hours ago, descg said:

Lady Mermelade was before Slave, and Lady Mermelade is the Good girl gone bad image epitome example. So no, even before Lady Mermelade she wanted to distance herself from that pop image with braids in her hair, etc. 

lol if you take it as a competition then  Britney was first doing that in March 2001 with Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know. Christina followed with Marmelade in April, then Slave era and then Dirrty. So there you go.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Daredevil said:

I think at least Stripped was released strategically during that time to grasp when B was not releasing music. It has almost always been the same, B took the crown each time. 'crown'=money

In terms of sales, a 2001 Xtina album with a pop sound like the debut would have sold a lot.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Daredevil said:

lol if you take it as a competition then  Britney was first doing that in March 2001 with Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know. Christina followed with Marmelade in April, then Slave era and then Dirrty. So there you go.

You're not serious, are you? "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know" had almost no impact (it's Oops' least successful single and least important video) and isn't as ***ual and vulgar that Lady Mermelade (that was huge).

13 minutes ago, descg said:

You're not serious, are you? "Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know" had almost no impact (it's Oops' least successful single and least important video) and isn't as ***ual and vulgar that Lady Mermelade (that was huge).

I thought we were talking about good girl gone bad thingy and not success or sales lol

edit: and I agree, it was not as ***ual and vulgar and same goes to Slave vs. Dirrty but we can obviously see it was Britney does, Christina tries harder throughout their 2000s careers..

Edited by Daredevil
2 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Stripped is so iconic. 

But was the album that Xtina wanted, no the discography. Im talking about the sales not the quality. P!nk and Avril sold a little more than Xtina, maybe they wouldn't have sold as much if an Xtina album had competed in 2001.

3 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

I thought we were talking about good girl gone bad thingy and not success or sales lol

If something is not seen, it does not exist. But anyway u can't comparate the Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know video with the Lady Mermelade one...

Edited by descg
Just now, descg said:

But was the album that Xtina wanted, no the discography. Im talking about the sales not the quality. P!nk and Avril sold a little more than Xtina, maybe they wouldn't have sold as much if an Xtina album had competed in 2001.

X Tina would have sold more had she released in 2001 for sure, many artists were selling like hot cakes back then. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

Also the thread is about "ended" someone, for that u need to be more succes or sales lol.

6 minutes ago, descg said:

Also the thread is about "ended" someone, for that u need to be more succes or sales lol.

well 'ended' is a reach when saying Christina in any way did that to Britney, so there your answer.

Stripped was amazing, but no, did not end Britney.

Britney ended herself and then did not recover due to CS

18 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

well 'ended' is a reach when saying Christina in any way did that to Britney, so there your answer.

Stripped was amazing, but no, did not end Britney.

Britney ended herself and then did not recover due to CS

Look in the entire thread if i put that someone endend Britney. The only "similar" thing that i said is that in 2002, 2003 and 2004 Xtina era was bigger. 

1 hour ago, Daredevil said:

edit: and I agree, it was not as ***ual and vulgar and same goes to Slave vs. Dirrty but we can obviously see it was Britney does, Christina tries harder throughout their 2000s careers..

Two completly different types and storylines of videos. Don't make sense but ok...

20 hours ago, descg said:

Two completly different types and storylines of videos. Don't make sense but ok...

what does not make sense to you? that Christina OBVIOUSLY copied Britney throughout their carriers? starting with cute bubblegum pop image (Britney with BOMT and Christina with her single) and then Christina followed Britney with the 'good girl gone bad'. Not sure HOW MORE obvious can it be than literally watching them change from video to video regardless how 'successful' or what 'storyline' they were. opening the eyes gives immediate answers.

21 hours ago, descg said:

Look in the entire thread if i put that someone endend Britney. The only "similar" thing that i said is that in 2002, 2003 and 2004 Xtina era was bigger. 

well if you say so

but first week sales for ITZ were 610K copies and Stripped 330K so not sure about the above statement lol

TOXIC on its own was bigger than anything Christina did from 2002-2004 not even talking about Madonna kiss where Christina was literally cut off camera to show Timberlake. Obviously shown who was bigger lol

I loved Stripped but honestly, there is little to no comparison here in terms of WHO out of these two was bigger during these years tbh.

well if you say so

but first week sales for ITZ were 610K copies and Stripped 330K so not sure about the above statement lol

TOXIC on its own was bigger than anything Christina did from 2002-2004 not even talking about Madonna kiss where Christina was literally cut off camera to show Timberlake. Obviously shown who was bigger lol

I loved Stripped but honestly, there is little to no comparison here in terms of WHO out of these two was bigger during these years tbh.

Toxic wasn't bigger than Beautiful at that time, maybe nowdays yes. And There is a Stripped tour International (Onyx only on USA), more singles like Fighter, the EMAS, the looks, Stripped sold more than In The Zone, etc...

what does not make sense to you? that Christina OBVIOUSLY copied Britney throughout their carriers? starting with cute bubblegum pop image (Britney with BOMT and Christina with her single) and then Christina followed Britney with the 'good girl gone bad'. Not sure HOW MORE obvious can it be than literally watching them change from video to video regardless how 'successful' or what 'storyline' they were. opening the eyes gives immediate answers.

Again the first Good girl gone bad was Lady Mermelade not Don't let me be the last to know (nobody says something about that video being like a something apart then or now, ), so no, don't make sense. Deal with it and don't make me repeat myself.

btw, this is Xtina's peak definitely, but Britney didn't peak with Slave, she had Toxic in her next era and Xtina never came any close to it. 

I will say tho, that Stripped has legendary singles. Had Xtina been able to stay on that level, her competition with britney would've made much more sense but her career started to decline quickly right after. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block