The most comprehensive list of recorded songs that haven't surfaced online

6 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

Hey! Just wanted to say I originally read your comment when you first posted it and thought I replied to you but I guess I forgot to do it :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Anyway, to me it looks like the tracks he did with Danja were for Glory cause the only other songs he has with him are from albums released in 2016 and 2017 (meaning the songs were made at least a year prior)

Also Danja only ever mentioned workign on a handful of references with Tr*nt*r which he later confirmed on IG Live were rejected so I really don't think she actually recorded anything in 2017 outside of So Free and maybe Matches (that song's whole origin is so murky and everyone involved on it just lied out of their *** except for AJ)

Regarding the Darkchild tracks, I had no idea about Elijah's Grape Juice interview

Needless to say I added both those and the Danja tracks as well as cleaning things up a bit :) (I'm also working on adding graphs to the OP for easier access, I'll add those once I get them right :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:)

Yeah, Elijah's case is lowkey sad because Britney's team came out to deny his words. Receipts I've got for fuller picture:

1. Dec 12, 2012: Interview with That Grape Juice breaking the news of working with Britney.
2. Dec 12, 2012: Tweet "I've definitely had the pleasure of starting on something I think is going to be big with her."
3. Jan 3, 2013: Article by Entertainment Weekly reporting Britney's rep confirms she's started to work on new album but denying she's worked with Elijah.
4. Jan 3, 2013: Tweet. Evidently doubtful now he'd make it in the album but insists he worked with her.
5. Apr 5, 2013: Tweet. Again unsure his songs will make it into the album.
6. Aug 10, 2013: Interview with Kempire Radio, saying he worked with Darkchild early on the project (but not sure will make the cut).

Also on a 2017 article about him by Billboard, Britney is mentioned among the artists he's written for, so I guess he's very convinced they worked together.

Makes sense Danja songs for B10 were rejected, I doubt he'd post about them in social media if that wasn't the case. But what do you think about the "whole spectrum of bops" Tranter walked about? Nothing recorded?

• 2 months later...

This most definitely doesn't qualify but it's the one thread I know so I'm asking here.

I was doing a little research on Chad Dexter/Chad Beatz and came across this tweet. Does anyone know what was it even about? A pitch demo? The soundcloud audio is down, obviously.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

All the possible mixers talk from the recent leaks reminded me of this one thing I found some time ago:

There's this old music forum for people who produce and do the technical aspects of music, and I found a thread asking how to achieve vocal production like Britney's. A guy responded, saying he got to work with her as engineer, but that said song was never released apparently. I did a quick research and he doesn't appear anywhere credited in Britney's discography. Ok. This guy's name is Derek Alan Jones. According to him, the producer he was working with was close with Britney's management, so I went to search his work/credits. Couldn't find much, he didn't work with very known artists and none of the producers he's worked with had worked with Britney, so I couldn't make a connection.

Here's his post (from 2004):

One of the producers I work for is in tight with Britney's manager. So her manager had this producer co-write a song with Britney for some project she was working on (I don't think it ever got released though) and I got to engineer it. I must say that most of that sound she does on her own. We put up a C12, through an Avalon 737 (I think it was an Avalon...you know it might of been a Neve 1073...it was a while ago...not sure what preamp I used now that I think about it. Oh well it was either a Neve or Avalon). I left if pretty dry so the mixing engineer could do whatever he wanted to it.

They do process her voice with AutoTune and the use of delays and whatnot to get various chorusing effects. But we also did a lot of double/triple/quadruple tracking so sometimes it's not a delay, it's actually her doubling her part. She was pretty good at singing something over and over and getting it exactly the same each time. So in some spots where it sounded like we were using a delay it was actually her just doubling her part. The song we were recording was a ballad, so it had a lot of background vocal parts too, so we might have done more doubling and stacking of parts than she might do on an upbeat song. But, she definitely knows how to change her voice to get different sounds. So a lot of that "sound" that she has was her doing it herself as she was singing. And she knows how to control it so she can turn it on and off too.

I have to admit I was actually pretty impressed with her. She's a really nice person and is actually a pretty good singer compared to a lot of the other people I've recorded.

Anyway, I'm sorry to say I don't have a "use this effect with these settings" answer for you. I will also say that her producers are always really good (like someone else mentioned)! So if you are also producing this, study how they put the parts together and what harmonies they do in different parts of the song. A lot of times they'll have her double in unison and octaves and mix them in quietly on one or two words here and there. Then go into stacked chords for the hook. Toxic actually seems to have less vocals than a lot of her previous material but they still do a lot of the same techniques.

Just listen to the arrangement of the vocals...I think that will help you. The delays and chorus effects are secondary to getting a good arrangement (choosing the right harmonies in the right spots) and getting the singers to be able to control their voice enough to get different vocal textures as they sing. That's one of the things about the producer I work with, he's not just a great producer but also a great vocal coach. You really need to know how to communicate to the vocalist to get what you want out of them. You need to know about the different breathing techniques and muscles used to open and close the throat. You have to know how all of that effects the sound of the voice and recognize what they are doing and what they should change to get the right sound...and then try to convey that to them in words so they understand how to do what you want them to do. It's really not easy and I'm always amazed at watching these producers coach the singers through a session. Ok...sorry, going off on a tangent...

So, in conclusion...if you're just engineering it and not producing it there isn't a lot you can do to get the girls to sound like Britney. You just setup the mics and capture whatever it is these girls are gonna do. If you're also producing then you need to figure out what Britney does with her breathing, vocal chords, throat and mouth to get the sound that she does. And also listen to the types of harmonies and doubling parts that she does. Her songs are always vocal intensive so don't be surprised if you start approaching 30 or 40 tracks of vocals. Granted you can condense it to maybe 10 or 15 and do tons of plugin, panning and volume automation, but it's a lot easier to just put stuff on different tracks.

Hope this helps... Good luck and try to keep from gawking at the girls! LOL

DUC.AVID.COM

Given the level of detail, I don't think he's making it up.

On my research, I found he worked for an artist called Javier, on the songs produced by Kevin Cloud. Kevin Cloud is close to Carl Sturken and Evan Rogers, they formed a band called Rythm Syndicate in the early 90s, and Sturken & Rogers also produced in Javier's album. Sturken & Rogers worked with Britney for BOMT, but their songs didn't make the cut. This is my best attempt of trying to connect things but it's a big big reach.

@PlayboyMommy Have you ever heard of this?

• Love 2
On 9/25/2024 at 3:54 AM, Jeremiah said:

@PlayboyMommy Have you ever heard of this?

Absolutely amazing find, as always, I had no idea about this

As you mention, the post is very detailed so there's actually a few clues. First the way the way it's written makes it seem like it took place only a few years prior, not only that but the Avalon plugin he mentions was reportedly introduced on September 2002, so that rules out the S&R tracks

Perhaps the most important bit comes from the fact the person they mention only co-wrote the track. As soon as I read that, Jimmy Harry immediately came to mind as he only helped write "Wonderland" and when asked didn't even remember the song's producer, Reza Safinia

Not only that but Shep Solomon recalled that after they pitched Strip, both him and Jimmy went back and forth with Larry as he kept asking for racier songs which is how Touch of My Hand was conceived

So, it's entirely possible that's the song he's talking about, the time frame definitely adds up

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Please tell me you have all of this information backed up @PlayboyMommy This thread is too valuable to lose if and when the forum goes down.

Also, do you have any info about Britney's Stonecreek demos?

I sure do. I actually have a full list with every song she's ever recorded (Released, unreleased, leaked, tour covers, jingles...) and even tried updating the main post but the site kept freezing

I believe the site actually went down later that day so I might be at fault for that :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I would love to have a simple spreadsheet with just the song titles, producers and maybe songwriters since anything else would be too time consuming. I highly encourage @BraveNewSeth to look through my post and add whatever they see fit since I believe they were working on a similar project :wonka_meme_hat_purple:

To answer you question: we really don't know if she recorded any of the Stonecreek tracks

The deal she signed with Boyz II Men was only a developmental one, there's either one or three tracks registered on the Copyright Office (listed here as 'others') but it might just be the writer's vocals on those tapes, additionally, songwriter Vivian Green mentioned writing for her during that time - and maybe those are tapes - ultimately I don't think we will truly ever know for sure

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

I sure do. I actually have a full list with every song she's ever recorded (Released, unreleased, leaked, tour covers, jingles...) and even tried updating the main post but the site kept freezing

I believe the site actually went down later that day so I might be at fault for that :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I would love to have a simple spreadsheet with just the song titles, producers and maybe songwriters since anything else would be too time consuming. I highly encourage @BraveNewSeth to look through my post and add whatever they see fit since I believe they were working on a similar project :wonka_meme_hat_purple:

To answer you question: we really don't know if she recorded any of the Stonecreek tracks

The deal she signed with Boyz II Men was only a developmental one, there's either one or three tracks registered on the Copyright Office (listed here as 'others') but it might just be the writer's vocals on those tapes, additionally, songwriter Vivian Green mentioned writing for her during that time - and maybe those are tapes - ultimately I don't think we will truly ever know for sure

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1EhK4h2VWHpxfoH3M1mDZ02GraxIAIkN-MnP_YADEqXc/htmlview?pli=1#

We are! I gave your post a quick glance and it looks like we have mostly the same information. This weekend I’ll look through it more thoroughly and see if I’m missing anything or if there’s any conflicting information. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

Absolutely amazing find, as always, I had no idea about this

As you mention, the post is very detailed so there's actually a few clues. First the way the way it's written makes it seem like it took place only a few years prior, not only that but the Avalon plugin he mentions was reportedly introduced on September 2002, so that rules out the S&R tracks

Perhaps the most important bit comes from the fact the person they mention only co-wrote the track. As soon as I read that, Jimmy Harry immediately came to mind as he only helped write "Wonderland" and when asked didn't even remember the song's producer, Reza Safinia

Not only that but Shep Solomon recalled that after they pitched Strip, both him and Jimmy went back and forth with Larry as he kept asking for racier songs which is how Touch of My Hand was conceived

So, it's entirely possible that's the song he's talking about, the time frame definitely adds up

To search for the Avalon channel strip is GENIUS. Unfortunately, now I checked too and I think it's older than 2002: on this site they refer to it as a late 90s product and on Avalon's site they show it won an award in 1999.

This is very puzzling, mainly because of the vague clues and his lack of matching credits, so I don't want to pay it much mind. Still, I have a second crazy hypothesis (lmao). I took a deeper look on his credits with Javier. I noticed Michael Thompson on both songs Derek appears. Michael Thompson is a guitarist who actually played on Britney's "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction". On his Discogs profile, he highlights his close collaborators, mentioning Babyface exactly in that time period (1995-2003). We know Britney had at least sessions scheduled with Babyface for Oops, he also worked with NSYNC (being Johnny Wright then the "in tight with" manager in question), and he's obviously a respected multi-talented artist who would know a thing about vocals techniques.

Now... I very much doubt anyone would omit on their resume to have worked with Babyface, even if the music wasn't released. Thompson seems like a popular guitarist so it probably doesn't mean much. And there's also the chance of being uncredited. For example, Derek counts Stacie Orrico among artists he's worked with but I couldn't find him credited on any of her songs.

Ugh :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: I say someone should just hit him up and ask away.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

15 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1EhK4h2VWHpxfoH3M1mDZ02GraxIAIkN-MnP_YADEqXc/htmlview?pli=1#

We are! I gave your post a quick glance and it looks like we have mostly the same information. This weekend I’ll look through it more thoroughly and see if I’m missing anything or if there’s any conflicting information. 

I would definitely suggest both you guys check out the Britney Wiki. Seems whoever's in charge over there started doubling down on making sure everything has tons of reference links, and you never know, there might be something that's slipped through the cracks.

And lord knows I've personally backed up all the information on leaked tracks on my end.

16 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

Damn. I feel like getting confirmation of those tracks, and maybe even getting our hands on them if they exist, would be right up there with Rebellion as the Holy Grail of Britney leaks. Pre-debut tracks? By a teenage Britney? That would be insane.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Just wanted to say this spreadsheet is amazing :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 2
On 9/27/2024 at 12:02 PM, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I would definitely suggest both you guys check out the Britney Wiki. Seems whoever's in charge over there started doubling down on making sure everything has tons of reference links, and you never know, there might be something that's slipped through the cracks.

The Wikipedia one or those wiki fandoms? Haven't checked them in so long but actually they were helpful beyond some errors and fake entries. The Welcome To Me/Love dispute always got me confused but some even called the song as "Tonight", and I know for a fact Sean Garrett's "Tonight" wasn't it.

Can someone help me with something else? How does last.fm work? I think I remember fans identifying Britney songs through Larry Gates' profile, so I gotta know if I should take this other thing serious.

I hope not to bother you (I feel like I'm always quoting you lmao sorry!) but this time I bring something more solid @PlayboyMommy 

Long story short: I got to Soul Diggaz's old MySpace where it's mentioned Corté Ellis penned three songs with Danja for Britney's comeback. He wrote "Get Back" and "Get Naked (I Got A Plan)", meaning one song was missing. I did a little research since I didn't recall any of the known outtakes having him, looking for his website through web archive and saw he had listed his credits. It's kinda odd how it's sorted but I think you can tell that the three titles under Britney's name are hers:

"Get Back"
"Get Naked"
"Not Heart Broken"

WEB.ARCHIVE.ORG

. is a Ning Network

Now something else and the reason why I was asking about Last.fm: I found what I believe is Corté Ellis' profile with his songs (again, I'm not fully sure how last.fm works!), and there's something called "Walk Straight" labeled as Britney's. In fact, it happens three times:

"Walk Straight - Britney Spears Zone Exclusive"
"BSZ Exclusive"
"Walk Straight ( Britney Spears DEMO)"

It was rumored that Corté was working with Britney for her 7th album, so maybe (if this is real), it could be an early Femme Fatale scrap (or at least demo pitch).

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

"Get Back" "Get Naked" "Not Heart Broken" 

HOLY ****! This is huge, I'm adding it right away

I know Danja once mentioned there being 8 songs but never in a million years would I have guessed it was hidden in plain sight in Corte's old site, the title itself sounds really familiar too. Hm

I actually thought it might have been Warning since X17 did a story on her listening to a demo in her car and days after when the E! special where Sean played the beat of Warning came out, people on ONTD were saying that was the song

image.png

Looks like it was probably just Gimme More, she started shooting the video for that  shortly thereafter

5 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Now, essentially the way Last.fm worked pre-Spotify, the app would just sync to people's libraries - mostly iTunes - in order to track people's listening habits, which resulted in profiles being made for artists and albums on top user's own personal accounts (different URLs, Michelle Bell's was her personal account) 

As such, you can find artists profiles named "Brittney Spears", "Brittany Spears" or just "Britney" since that's how some users labeled their files

In this case, this is certainly a pitch leaked circa 2010 by a German hacker group (they all used three-leter acronyms) that people downloaded, it would be interesting to see if it's available somewhere online

Most likely it's one of the many pitches he did with Outsyders and that they previewed on Ustream

Outsyders confirmed they personally met with Britney and Teresa before she recorded Tear the Club Up so I wonder if she did any more songs, though since they only ever officially released the demo for that, that was probably it

• Like 1
On 9/30/2024 at 7:04 PM, PlayboyMommy said:

HOLY ****! This is huge, I'm adding it right away

I know Danja once mentioned there being 8 songs but never in a million years would I have guessed it was hidden in plain sight in Corte's old site, the title itself sounds really familiar too. Hm

I actually thought it might have been Warning since X17 did a story on her listening to a demo in her car and days after when the E! special where Sean played the beat of Warning came out, people on ONTD were saying that was the song

image.png

Looks like it was probably just Gimme More, she started shooting the video for that  shortly thereafter

Now, essentially the way Last.fm worked pre-Spotify, the app would just sync to people's libraries - mostly iTunes - in order to track people's listening habits, which resulted in profiles being made for artists and albums on top user's own personal accounts (different URLs, Michelle Bell's was her personal account) 

As such, you can find artists profiles named "Brittney Spears", "Brittany Spears" or just "Britney" since that's how some users labeled their files

In this case, this is certainly a pitch leaked circa 2010 by a German hacker group (they all used three-leter acronyms) that people downloaded, it would be interesting to see if it's available somewhere online

Most likely it's one of the many pitches he did with Outsyders and that they previewed on Ustream

Outsyders confirmed they personally met with Britney and Teresa before she recorded Tear the Club Up so I wonder if she did any more songs, though since they only ever officially released the demo for that, that was probably it

Oh! Thank you so much for explaining. The tags now truly scream YouTube fan upload lol, but since I thought it being on his profile meant some "acknowledgement" from his part, I had to keep it in consideration.

Btw, where did Danja talk about 8 songs? Oh and if "Not Heart Broken" was one, plus the 7 from the album, then mystery solved? That'd be so cool

Edit: hold on, there's also "Catch Me If U Can" :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Edited by Jeremiah

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.