The "dark sounding" keyboard overall the song

The voice distortion in the vocals

unnamed.gif

:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Nope, I disagree. 

Me:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952le99vud60s1qndho2r4

10 hours ago, Markoct said:

Idk, the production is there, the concept is there, the music is there, the voice is there, the choreo is there, dancers are there, but Dua is not up to par with the production and the image that the bigger machine wants her to be, she gets lost in in this "pop girl" scenery. Everytime i see her perfom or dance its like im also in her head counting the steps and trying to move my hand from here to there to immitate or give the illusion of a natural dance move. Its clear she is training hard to be able to be more flexible and do moves, but this girl is not a dancer. I LOVE her music and I love her, but when it comes to stardom and and being a pop star, I struggle to see it, AND I REALLY WANT TO. Maybe dua shoulnt be a pop girl. Perhaps some digging in could help her find out where she stands in the artistic spectrum. She was more Dua in her older music and music videos.

this.

her new songs just arent taking off as they used to just a couple years ago... such a dumb *** move to fire her professional management to have her ******* hot dad at the helm of her career. she also has the most boring personality which doesnt help. she must have peaked with future nostalgia 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1
14 hours ago, RadicalOptimism said:

I’ve been saying this for years. Yes she’s not the dancer Britney was BUT she puts in the work and releases proper eras. She doesn’t shy away from releasing singles and music videos and promos. I wish she was bigger, but I actually like that she’s not as huge because I can still feel I don’t have to fight others to buy concert tickets. Although I feel this next tour will be a bigger hit than the last considering her Europe dates sold out so fast with the few dates she released so far. And people call Tyla, McRib and all these others the next Britney when they’re not doing big pop eras like Dua. 

McRib, I laughed at that! :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

It’s a pity that this woman felt pressured to do strenuous choreography just to satisfy certain expectations. Dua is a beautiful woman, tall, with a great body, and simply posing at the camera would have been enough to excite everyone. And yes, I loved Training Season for the reasons I just mentioned. I’m also tired of pop stars putting on a choreo just like in 1999… please! I think this song is a grower, it’s giving me summer vibes which is a good sign! 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, CHAOTIC STYLE. said:

McRib, I laughed at that! :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

It’s a pity that this woman felt pressured to do strenuous choreography just to satisfy certain expectations. Dua is a beautiful woman, tall, with a great body, and simply posing at the camera would have been enough to excite everyone. And yes, I loved Training Season for the reasons I just mentioned. I’m also tired of pop stars putting on a choreo just like in 1999… please! I think this song is a grower, it’s giving me summer vibes which is a good sign! 

I find it tiring that pop artists feel the need to follow the "pop performance formula" when they should really just focus on what they're good at and perfect it. As you said, Dua is a beautiful woman, with a unique voice and catchy bops to match. She puts effort into what she does and it shows and that is enough to satisfy any pop craving. She delivers quality which is what most of these girls lack.

All these other girls are always falling into the trap of "they are the next ____" but Dua...what can you say about her? She's simply DUA. The fact that you can't put her in a box shows just how unique she actually is. Even Ariana has gotten boring and she's become another Mariah Carey wannabe. 

Dua is staying in her lane and whether you like it or not, she's here to stay.

Edited by Gypsy Woman
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Gypsy Woman said:

I find it tiring that pop artists feel the need to follow the "pop performance formula" when they should really just focus on what they're good at and perfect it. As you said, Dua is a beautiful woman, with a unique voice and catchy bops to match. She puts effort into what she does and it shows and that is enough to satisfy any pop craving. She delivers quality which is what most of these girls lack.

All these other girls are always falling into the trap of "they are the next ____" but Dua...what can you say about her? She's simply DUA. The fact that you can't put her in a box shows just how unique she actually is. Even Ariana has gotten boring and she's become another Mariah Carey wannabe. 

Dua is staying in her lane and whether you like it or not, she's here to stay.

Period.:meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

8 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.2 said:

this.

her new songs just arent taking off as they used to just a couple years ago... such a dumb *** move to fire her professional management to have her ******* hot dad at the helm of her career. she also has the most boring personality which doesnt help. she must have peaked with future nostalgia 🤷🏼‍♀️

I wonder why do you think she has boring personality?

Because she is not exploiting her personal life and relationships like most of other pop girls? Because she doesn't start drama with other entertainers?

Because she doesn't act like a trained pony and creating fake narratives for entertainment and instead outside of her "pop star life " she is actually making smart business moves and also discussing interesting and not always commercially attractive topics on her podcasts?

I love Dua lol... idk why people keep crapping on her... every era she's been improving. I'll be honest that I don't love some of the songs that came out so far, but she's still slaying her promo that she's been doing 

I'm down - can't wait for the tour.. if people don't want to go, even better, move aside so I can stand closer to the stage with my floor seats. 

5 minutes ago, dran said:

I love Dua lol... idk why people keep crapping on her... every era she's been improving. I'll be honest that I don't love some of the songs that came out so far, but she's still slaying her promo that she's been doing 

I'm down - can't wait for the tour.. if people don't want to go, even better, move aside so I can stand closer to the stage with my floor seats. 

She literally sold out the Radical Optimism promo shows within minutes, so Im sure the world tour in 2025 will be easily sold out too

Edited by MIKE_INT
  • Love 1

I wasn’t sure yesterday. But this is the definition of a grower. I can’t stop listening.

She should stop trying to dance, but everything else about her is excellent.

The whole release 3 singles and videos, prior to an album release feels retro now, and I love it.

The consistent visuals this time have created a real era. She is creating the history that we will look back on in years to come; see the red hair and black outfits and know this is the Radical Illusion Era.

• Like 1
On 4/12/2024 at 6:19 PM, MIKE_INT said:

I wonder why do you think she has boring personality?

Because she is not exploiting her personal life and relationships like most of other pop girls? Because she doesn't start drama with other entertainers?

Because she doesn't act like a trained pony and creating fake narratives for entertainment and instead outside of her "pop star life " she is actually making smart business moves and also discussing interesting and not always commercially attractive topics on her podcasts?

girl take a chill pill, she’s boring as **** in interviews. I watch celebrity videos from the elle, vogue, vanity fair, etc youtube channels for work and hers are always so boring. Also a stylist friend who works with celebs confirmed she’s got no personality and is quite a basic *****, periodt. i love her music so no shade here

This song is my favorite of the three so far. I just think it has the best melody and production. It stands out more.

I think the video is good but slightly generic in its direction. I wanted them to be dancing during the night like the song says and have more lights and production. The choreography is good but everything is just slightly bland overall. However, it’s beautifully shot for sure. Nothing wrong with it per say. 

She has completely mastered dance music but is also becoming a little more middle of the pack. She needs a single and video that are “iconic”. I don’t think these songs are going to be remembered in time to come like some of her previous stuff. And unfortunately, her song Dance the Night song from Barbie has overshadowed these singles. Not a great sign for the album’s future success especially with Taylor and Billie coming very soon. I’m worried for her. 

Edited by jamesedward94
8 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.2 said:

girl take a chill pill, she’s boring as **** in interviews. I watch celebrity videos from the elle, vogue, vanity fair, etc youtube channels for work and hers are always so boring. Also a stylist friend who works with celebs confirmed she’s got no personality and is quite a basic *****, periodt. i love her music so no shade here

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

4 hours ago, LoveYourselfMas said:

More of the same sounding music. Literally for albums and one off singles it’s LITERALLY ALWAYS THE SAME SOUND.

she is the anti-Madonna: ***** stays the same 

This will be her 3rd album and Future Nostalgia sounds completely different than her debut

Also if you think Future Nostalgia sounds the same like these 3 new singles your knowledge of music must be very limited.

Talking about Madonna, her first three albums were all 80 synth-pop, only difference was the quality difference between Madonna and Like A Virgin so not much of a change there

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block