Beyoncé's 'COWBOY CARTER' hits #1 on Billboard Hot 200

Also 3 tracks of Beyoncé's new album is on top 10 of the Hot 100: Texas Hold 'Em (#2), II Most Wanted (with Miley Cyrus) (#6) and Jolene (covering Dolly Parton) (#7).

Bey is also the first black woman to hit the #1 position on Top Country Albums since 1964 (when it was created).

Check the charts according to april 8th below.

GKqE2OXXIAAuFfv?format=png&name=small

Do you like the album?

• Love 3

I mean are we surprised with the amount of press it’s been getting because she’s “the first black female this and that in country” and Jay-Z’s rant at the Grammy’s and people saying you’re racist if you don’t like Beyoncé? And an almost 30 track album where one sale almost counts as three sales? Are we really surprised? :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, RadicalOptimism said:

I mean are we surprised with the amount of press it’s been getting because she’s “the first black female this and that in country” and Jay-Z’s rant at the Grammy’s and people saying you’re racist if you don’t like Beyoncé? And an almost 30 track album where one sale almost counts as three sales? Are we really surprised? :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

This comment by "RadicalOptimism" is WILD. I'd say I'm not surprised because it's Beyoncé 🥴

• Haha 2

it's her lowest #1 ever.  it only sold 168,000 hard copies. (Renaissance was 190,000) (Lemonade 485,000)

Taylor Swift will break this years "record" in just a few weeks. with close to a million, most likely more. :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

TTPD :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

Edited by kevin.
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, kevin. said:

it's her lowest #1 ever.  it only sold 168,000 hard copies. (Renaissance was 190,000) (Lemonade 485,000)

Taylor Swift will break this years "record" in just a few weeks. with close to a million, most likely more. :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

It is not her lowest. She sold over 300 thousand copies the first week which is more than Renaissance. Good for Beyoncé she works really hard and deserves all the success. I can’t wait for T.Swift. She will smash records. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
22 hours ago, kevin. said:

Yet Bey is still hitting #1 and is her 8th album to debut at #1, Bey has even left Britney in the dust girl.

Why are people surprised to see sales declines, 99 percent of the industry isn't selling hard copies girl.

• Like 3

i don't care about sales. i just find that it's her lowest debut ever to be very relevant, and interesting. and not one article mentions it. and to compare the sales is to put it in a context beyond the internet. a reissue of 1989 sold double this. the actual impact of this album in full context is very little. if you truly think this is timeless art why does it bother you so much?

Edited by kevin.
  • Love 3
On 4/9/2024 at 2:44 PM, kevin. said:

Taylor sucks....

17 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

Yet Bey is still hitting #1 and is her 8th album to debut at #1, Bey has even left Britney in the dust girl.

Why are people surprised to see sales declines, 99 percent of the industry isn't selling hard copies girl.

In the dust? Britney is the reason she is having this success because the conservatorship took Britney’s spark and creative control away. Don’t act like Beyoncé would be where she is at if it weren’t for Britney being in a conservatorship. Look at where each of their careers where at before 2008. Hell Britney was even dancing circles around Beyoncé during Femme Fatale. Beyoncé filles the niche of successful black women in the pop industry with Rihanna. Britney was one of a million white girls trying to do the same. Don’t even compare them cause it’s embarrassing. Beyoncé has had her career purchased her entire life. She is talented but not this godly person everyone makes her out to be 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RadicalOptimism said:

In the dust? Britney is the reason she is having this success because the conservatorship took Britney’s spark and creative control away. Don’t act like Beyoncé would be where she is at if it weren’t for Britney being in a conservatorship. Look at where each of their careers where at before 2008. Hell Britney was even dancing circles around Beyoncé during Femme Fatale. Beyoncé filles the niche of successful black women in the pop industry with Rihanna. Britney was one of a million white girls trying to do the same. Don’t even compare them cause it’s embarrassing. Beyoncé has had her career purchased her entire life. She is talented but not this godly person everyone makes her out to be 

You know how delusional that sounds "Don’t act like Beyoncé would be where she is at if it weren’t for Britney being in a conservatorship". As if Bey's career success was dependent on Britney.  As If Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by DiamondCircus
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

You know how delusional that sounds "Don’t act like Beyoncé would be where she is at if it weren’t for Britney being in a conservatorship". As if Bey's career success was dependent on Briteny. 

The whole fandom knows you’re the most deluded and racist member on here. The fact that you’re telling me Beyonce left Britney in the dust, when Britney first two albums outsold this ho’ entire discography is CHRONIC DELUSION.
Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Why the first thing you do in the morning is to talk trash about Britney on a topic that has nothing to do with Britney? Go and BRUSH those piano tiles that you call teeth, sitting in your mouth.Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DiamondCircus said:

You know how delusional that sounds "Don’t act like Beyoncé would be where she is at if it weren’t for Britney being in a conservatorship". As if Bey's career success was dependent on Britney.  As If Lol GIF by MOODMAN

The delusion is not seeing the trend but I know it’s not the Beyhive’s strength and all I can say is sorry :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block