Jane's Addiction bassist hears TOXIC for the FIRST TIME with the bass muted and tries to play on it

3 minutes ago, super.nova said:

really cool, but there’s no way he’s never listened to toxic… especially if he’s a musician. and even as a normal person… like have you ever been out? toxic is played everywhere 

yes I thought the same thing, impossible that he never heard this hit :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, 1stopBopshop said:

Cute. Now everybody in that damn video knows he's heard the song before. The odds that he has been playing music professionally for all these years, for all those people, publicly and never heard Toxic at least passively. Bffr🫠

There are plenty of popular songs that many people haven't heard, including musicians.

Despite what you may think, many people don't obsess over pop music. What you may think is cool is passive to others.

34 minutes ago, 1stopBopshop said:

That ain't even what I said. 

It's implied. 

The guy initially thought it was Mary J. Blige and when they told him it was Britney, his music mind went to "Oh, Max Martin" which tells you how behind he was on anything Britney related - considering Max Martin was really only a major driving force at the start of her career.

So no, it's not far fetched that some people have never heard of Britney's hits.

1 hour ago, 1stopBopshop said:

That ain't even what I said. 

1 hour ago, Gypsy Woman said:

It's implied. 

The guy initially thought it was Mary J. Blige and when they told him it was Britney, his music mind went to "Oh, Max Martin" which tells you how behind he was on anything Britney related - considering Max Martin was really only a major driving force at the start of her career.

So no, it's not far fetched that some people have never heard of Britney's hits.

They must have a grudge against her because of her sucess, that's all.  :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: I can understand he doesn't know toxic, but like he doesn't recognize BritneySpears herself with her unique voice singing Toxic? i don't believe :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay: 

I think it was just good for the video that he pretend he didn't know the song, all the guitar fans in the comments know the song except him? :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

Capture-d-e-cran-2024-04-08-a-22-27-21.p

10 hours ago, Gypsy Woman said:

It's implied. 

But it's not implied. And if you were responding to what I said and not what you presumed to think, you'd know I wasn't even talking about Britney the person so much as I was talking about the ubiquity of Toxic as a song. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block