Road to 500 million: Britney-the album

On 4/4/2024 at 12:12 PM, Propagandalf said:

Actually there was a physical version of Britney that was released in Europe in 2001 with the Pro7 logo plastered on it, having 13 tracks, which should be falsely categorised by the streaming platforms, since they offer the deluxe 15-track version. 

It's registered under Jive cat. no. #9222522 on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/release/1965262-Britney-Britney

Just seeing this post, I had no idea this version of the album existed. What was the purpose of the Pro7 logo? And I assume this was mainland Europe as I'm from the UK and my copy doesn't have the logo and it also has Before the Goodbye on it, so 14 tracks on it. It doesn't have I Run Away though.

Edited by Isla
2 hours ago, Isla said:

Just seeing this post, I had no idea this version of the album existed. What was the purpose of the Pro7 logo? And I assume this was mainland Europe as I'm from the UK and my copy doesn't have the logo and it also has Before the Goodbye on it, so 14 tracks on it. It doesn't have I Run Away though.

Acoording to a user on Reddit answering the same question: "They [ProSieben] used to have a music distribution company under the overall brand umbrella. Maybe they were the German/European distributor for the album."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/BritneySpears/comments/xfpg5s/what_is_this_logo_on_some_releases_of_britney/

Apparently they also took care and added the lyrics to the entire album (according to a round, white sticker applied on the jewel case: "Special Edition inkl. aller Songtexte"), which wasn't typical for a Britney album. 

Edited by Propagandalf
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block