Wendy Williams diagnosed with primary progressive aphasia and frontotemporal dementia

• Content Curators

Wendy’s care team have revealed that she's been diagnosed with primary progressive aphasia and frontotemporal dementia. A press release from Feb. 22, 2024 confirmed that “after undergoing a battery of medical tests,” Wendy was diagnosed with both conditions in 2023.

“Over the past few years, questions have been raised at times about Wendy’s ability to process information and many have speculated about Wendy’s condition, particularly when she began to lose words, act erratically at times, and have difficulty understanding financial transactions,”

“Unfortunately, many individuals diagnosed with aphasia and frontotemporal dementia face stigma and misunderstanding, particularly when they begin to exhibit behavioral changes but have not yet received a diagnosis,”

T.CO

A two-part Lifetime film offers updates on where the star has been and how she's doing.

4 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

Am I the only one that sees this as slightly sus? 

The difference is Wendy is at that age when people start developing dementia, and I know people with dementia and she is acting very similarly to those I know with it in the early stages, Britney didn't act that way at all for the dementia diagnosis to be true.

Dementia was my first thought when she started exhibiting that behavior, it's kind of obvious that it's dementia.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block