🚨 Judge Luna doesn't care about Britney Spears being trafficked; Rosengart: "We're surprised and disappointed by the situation we are all in." Judge Luna: "I'm not. It's the best seat in the house as far as I'm concerned." 

1 hour ago, super.nova said:

what does this even mean?

Rosengart made a comment that all the parties of the case are in a bad seemingly never-ending situation and judge Luna disagreed and said she has the best seat because she finds the lawyers and the case interesting.

• Love 4

title takes it completely out of context, but yeah

Reading through the whole transcript, it's very frustrating.

• All lawyers against Rosengart: Weingarten, but there's also Thoreen, Cohen, Wyle and now even Ingham who's still not cooperating with Rosengart.
  • Rosengart's litigation style is kind of exasperating at times too, he gets very eloquent and he recites a full book before going to the point. I think for a criminal trial that could work, but for these probate matters, I think it just plays against him.
  • Judge Luna not only is new to the case, but if I'm not mistaken, she says in the transcript she's also new to probate? I read "4 years in probate" but I think it was her talking. The lawyers keep telling her like what to do with the motions and stuff

But anyways, I understand now why we got those documents signed by Britney. The old lawyers of Jamie were pushing for the objections to be filed by Britney or otherwise they said they weren't technically legal. I don't understand the point of that, isn't that why Rosengart is representing her? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell: Like what's the point of having a lawyer if you still have to be there confirming that you agree with all his actions, when he is the expert.

Which is partly why the judge wanted Britney to be deposed. Because at the end of the day, she's just trying to be objective.

I know all of us want a benevolent judge that comes from above to touch their heart and rule out in Britney's favor, and send everyone to jail, but any judge, whether is Luna, Paul, Penny or whoever else they call has to go through the case based on the evidence that is presented to them. They can't go by their feelings, or by what they've read on the press or heard on the media. They have to go by the documents from the case, and even in Luna's situation, only what was handed to her from Penny. Even part of the discussion was how many motions she had, because she was saying that Penny didn't give her one from April 2022 or something like that.

So I'm not saying I'm glad, but I do understand Judge Luna's position. She can't be inclined in favor of any party, or give preferential treatment to anyone. Rosengart tried to convince her that not all cases can be treated equally, and that there needs to be some sense of humanity, and perhaps she did change her mind after listening to him, but the point is she can't go by default being "team Britney" when she's been called to be a referee in the first place, and technically, legally, Britney hasn't been declared as a victim of abuse by her father or anything like that, EVEN if we all know it, even if all of us can guess it, to the judge, any judge that oversees the current motions, is just a former conservatee whose conservatorship was terminated, a bunch of lawyers wanting to have their fees paid, and the former conservatee objecting to that. There's no reason for the judge to assume she can't be called for deposition or things that any other person would go through in a legal process like this.

Again, I do feel bad for Rosengart, because it seems like all the other lawyers, including Ingham, are ganging up on him, with all the experience they have in probate.

• Love 2
  • Like 7

Rosengart said Lou Taylor and Robin Greenhill were scheduled to be deposed at the end of January, so hopefully that happened.

The judge seemed to want to leave the option open for Britney to show up in person, if only to say she is fully aware of the action, just like any other trial. Because she's not special.  She said. Rosengart went after that hard. Britney isn't any better or any worse than anyone else, and he'd be saying the same about her appearing in court if her name was Jane Doe. He said.

Luna seems to want to get on with things, while at the same time not necessarily being totally up to speed on what's been going on. I didn't finish reading it yet, but they were headed to setting mediation dates for the lawyers' fees, and trial dates.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, humstarr said:

I feel this is going nowhere. It's been like 3 years already... Whatever happened with taylor's and grinhill's deposition? Did they get away with it again? 

It's been 2 years and 3 months. November 12, 2021.

Taylor's deposition happened. Rosengart withdrew Robin Greenhill's. I don't know what happened to the third principal's deposition.

Robin Greenhill was the enforcer and abuser on the ground, the person who said you can't have sushi, the person Britney's boys talked to behind her back, the person who made her wait for hours in an isolated room before performances, the person who took away the champagne bottle from Britney's friends after the pictures were taken etc. Greenhill probably had no insight into the big financial machinations. Like the bodyguards, she was responsible for the nitty gritty of keeping Britney in line. As Judge Luna said, the case is about finances.

Edited by Hamelia
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Hamelia said:

It's been 2 years and 3 months. November 12, 2021.

Taylor's deposition happened. Rosengart withdrew Robin Greenhill's. I don't know what happened to the third principal's deposition.

Robin Greenhill was the enforcer and abuser on the ground, the person who said you can't have sushi, the person Britney's boys talked to behind her back, the person who made her wait for hours in an isolated room before performances, the person who took away the champagne bottle from Britney's friends after the pictures were taken etc. Greenhill probably had no insight into the big financial machinations. Like the bodyguards, she was responsible for the nitty gritty of keeping Britney in line. As Judge Luna said, the case is about finances.

Will there ever be a case on actual human trafficking? This is a federal crime, i believe. Or are they just going to pretend it was a "conservatorship"? 

• Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block