Britney slams new music news: I will never return to the music industry

On 1/3/2024 at 6:28 PM, Hannah said:

How is it an FU to the fans? It not her fault y'all believed those rumours when she made it clear a while ago that she is done with the industry. Personally, her announcement changes nothing for me because I knew she wasn't releasing anymore music

Where did I state that I believed any rumors?! She released not one but two collabs over the course of a year. She never once said I’m done with music because if that was the case she wouldn’t have released those records. And it’s an FU because why get your fans hyped for new music if she was truly done, don’t release rushed collabs and quick money grabs.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lex993 said:

Where did I state that I believed any rumors?! She released not one but two collabs over the course of a year. She never once said I’m done with music because if that was the case she wouldn’t have released those records. And it’s an FU because why get your fans hyped for new music if she was truly done, don’t release rushed collabs and quick money grabs.

The way she did it was a HUGE insult as well. We’ve been so loyal and supportive through the best and utter WORST of times and she just posts on a rant IG that’s she’s quit. A bit spit in the face to the fans.

A thoughtful video post would have been much better and appreciative 

Edited by KrisJ
  • Like 4

If she's not going to work on her craft, I don't see the point anyway. She doesn't seem driven to be a better singer or dancer based on the videos she posts.

She set the bar so high from 1999-2003 that everyone complained about everything after but at least 2008-2016 had good production values, good directors, etc. I'm not confident that 2024 Britney would have the same circle of creative visionaries around her. 

• Like 1

She's wanted this for a long time. We've got plenty of music. Now it's time for Britney the Person. Of course y'all don't like her now that she's not a perfect little Barbie doll dancing in a cage. Is she perfect? No. Is she boring? Maybe. Most of us aren't perfect, and most of us are pretty damn boring. I truly hope she finds peace and happiness.

Now what are these damn songs she's ghostwritten??? :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

well, this is what would have happened in 2010/2011 if the conservatorship had not existed. Britney on twitter writing that she doesn't want to work anymore.  The same thing must be happening now. Her team has a whole album created without britney's participation other than her ultra processed "voice".  We all know she ended it all in 2004. Blackout is kind of weird, since it's her best work, but at the same time she didn't care about it at all in 2007. She didn't want to be part of the industry anymore. The release and "promotion" of blackout couldn't be more alternative and underground.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kdub87 said:

Tbh I don't want any new music from Britney as she is now, I think she's already given the best of what she has in her a LONG time ago, its just hard for fans to swallow that pill, myself included. Id rather she doesn't go the way of Madonna, but also if she is leaving the industry, then leave it ALL girl. Why is there need for teams and managers and social media anymore? Like either be about it and truly quit the biz or stop complaining about how it treats you when you place yourself at the forefront of it. 

Sorry, but my Britney 'sympathy well' is close to dry at this point. I just don't have the energy to be a fan anymore tbh. If I'm not defending her incoherent rants, uncomfortable ***** and knife dances, I'm busy being disappointed over yet another rumor that never amounted to anything. Let's be real, being a Britney fan has sucked *** for over 15 years now, understandably so given her circumstances but it's true. Would be cool to have unreleased tracks or something though, but of course that would be too much of an ask for the bare minimum queen:frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: 

At the end of the day she owes us nothing, but remember that's also a two way street and at this point I am fine closing the book on this. 

Reveal hidden contents

See y'all Monday when she inevitably gets bored again and reactivates her instagram, teases a new project, gets mad at fans/media for getting excited about it then deactivates her instagram again. Rinse and repeat :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:.

she needs all that because she wants to continue living as a multimillionaire. If she retires from social media, what is she going to live off of? The stremings and royalties should be enough to pay for the cleaning of her pool, or maybe the whole half of her mansion. 

On 1/3/2024 at 8:27 PM, HairFlipQueen said:

Harsh post, but I do agree with a lot of what you said here. I feel that she has contempt for her fans, which isn’t a nice feeling. 

No she doesn’t owe us anything at all, however her dislike and disrespect for people who are kind to her is so off-putting 😕

It makes sense that she hates us. Rihanna has the same thing going on with her fans. Since 2016 she is responding about her next album and she is fed up with the music industry. In fact their careers and lives are similar, obvious without the human rights violation. The pressure to respond to everyone's expectations must be overwhelming. Only Madonna and Taylor Swift seem to handle it well, and even like the excitement around them.

1 hour ago, oscar0 said:

she needs all that because she wants to continue living as a multimillionaire. If she retires from social media, what is she going to live off of? The stremings and royalties should be enough to pay for the cleaning of her pool, or maybe the whole half of her mansion. 

I think she has enough money to live comfortably for the rest of her life, even if she should have 10x more given what was stolen from her. 

Good for her she's given her pound of flesh to the world. I was expecting more delusion in the comments here but I'm glad the Stan's got called out for feeling like she owed them something. 

She's not your b**h don't hang your **** on her. 

She's Britney ****ing spears she should go and live her life and be happy, the world's taken enough of her life. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block