Bootleg Britney CD’s ‘Sucker For Pain’ & ‘I Can Bang’ sold at record store

Cqleb

4 minutes ago, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

what's a bootleg? asking unironically

It's an ilegal physical copy of something, like a DVD of The Circus Tour, for instance. It can be done with the help of a crowdfunding, etc. I'm not sure it only physical, but that's um, basically.

Edited by Fita
  • Love 3

Ngl, bootlegs and illegally copied albums were really a thing in the early 00s ever since baking your own cd was so easy. Those cds were just probably made for fun, but hardly anyone uses an actually cd to listen to songs these days, so whoever made it just snuck it in with other old cds they had and sold it to a second hand shop or something.

And I must confess, I bought some dvds of compilations of music videos popular at that time because we didn't have youtube back then... And I honestly saw many of my friends own copied versions of Britney's cd, which is why I think the number of her albums sold is way higher than recorded. I also remember Britney's leaked version on 'Telephone' was the most illegally downloaded song.... unrelated tho.

Anyway, interesting. I actually enjoyed 'sucker for pain'. If they recorded some more adlibs and mixed it right I think it would have been a good soundtrack for the SS movie.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Probably like a used cd’s store or something ? Someone made them, then sold them to the store with a bunch of other cd’s and they just don’t check wether it’s official releases or anything 

These are cds that are burned and sold at international stores/markets. In Canada we have Asian malls that specifically sell ripped/burned/bootleg dvds and cds. I would see Britney dvds and cds that were not only hers or her teams. But were spelled wrong and you could download off the internet. They were bad quality and only $5. The early 2000s was an interesting time. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block