We helped fight for Britney’s freedom, so why are we still trying to control her?

only thing I’m being weird about is the reconciling. I have first hand experience with narcissistic parents and the truth is they simply cannot change and will never understand; they are incapable of empathy… so I am suffering for Britney. I think it’s so nice of her to find forgiveness in her heart but the truth is her family will betray her again and impede the healing process.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, super.nova said:

only thing I’m being weird about is the reconciling. I have first hand experience with narcissistic parents and the truth is they simply cannot change and will never understand; they are incapable of empathy… so I am suffering for Britney. I think it’s so nice of her to find forgiveness in her heart but the truth is her family will betray her again and impede the healing process.

I get where you are coming from with your experience. It doesn't have to be the exact same with every member of Britney's family.  Her poem and the group photo with the leopard indicate that she is aware of the 'danger'. She also has a lawyer now who will prevent any return to a conservatorship. 

As to the fans who turn on Britney, I am not convinced that they are the core group who fought for her. It's the internet after all. People pop up out of nowhere and have no clue about the history. Actor Bob Odenkirk who played the shyster lawyer Sam Goodman called social media a cesspool. 

• Love 7
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Lately with the news of Britney reconciling with her family, I’ve been reading some wild comments, wilder than usual. I know it’s kind of the point of a forum to give our opinions and comments but I mean come on. We helped her so much with the Free Britney movement, yet many of you are still trying to dictate what she does and who she sees. I mean I just saw a comment critiquing her choice of vacation spots. Not to mention the constant critiques of her body, hair, teeth, clothes, etc. And let’s not forget all the welfare checks you’ve subjected this poor girl to. Like, aren’t you guys tired already? This type of parasocial relationship isn’t normal or healthy for anybody. The ironic thing that many of you fail to see is that by doing this, you’re really no better than Team Con who tried to control every aspect of her life. 

Discuss below why you feel so entitled to share your opinions that no one asked for! :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

I love this and thank you. You should’ve listed names. Also I feel like some of the people that say ridiculous shít on here are just trying to ruffle our feathers. 

…like the haters always have since we have been graced with Britneys presence in 1998. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I think is like when you have your best friend in a toxic relationship... you've been listening to your friend complaining (with  good reasons) about how she will dump her toxic partner... she finally calls it quit for a while but then she goes back straight into his arms.

We just cant help to feel and think "what a du*****.. but hey whatever its your life, the one that is going to get ****ed again is you so lay in the bed you make" 

spacer.png

• Like 5
1 hour ago, itsjames said:

The fans feel betrayed because all of us expected her to release new music and cool videos in exchange for us freeing her, but we didnt get those. Nevertheless, I'm glad she's free.

But Britney said in court she wanted to take 2-3 years off anyone expecting her to make music and jump back into her career after hearing her testimony is delusional. 

• Like 9

I kind of agree, but at the same time she’s kind of opening it up for discussion too… I mean why do we need to have these updates on her IG about her current status with the family?

And it’s not just her. I was actually glad for her that she found a way to celebrate her birthday that felt good for her… but why did they need to take a picture of her on Lynne’s lap and why are the details all over gossip sites? Given Lynne’s constant need to maintain her image, it’s hard not to be at least suspicious. But like I said I don’t get why it’s even made public for everyone… celebrities don’t usually give constant updates about their family situations. 

• Like 3

Plain and simple. Denial.

• As a fanbase, we are not ready to admit that she is doing okay until she is doing what she did in her prime.
  • The irony is that what she was doing in her prime led to her issues in life.
  • Clearly, she doesn't want to mimic other career paths such as Beyonce, Madonna, Xtina, Gwen, etc.
  • She's okay with having her PRIME moment be in the past. Now, she wants to live life.

I don't blame the fan base, though... In a way, we are grieving the former Britney and, at the same time grieving what she went through. Now is a really strange place for the fan base. But the fact that we are still talking about her - is a testament to our loyalty. Even if some of us wish she would go down a path more preferred by us.

Are we just as bad as her family and team? This is a question I ask myself a lot. I have to remind myself to listen to what she has said and believe her when she speaks.

Modern Family No GIF by ABC Network

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Shes still the same Britney folks . Let her be and let her figure out what she wants . Let her be naked .. let her be angry .. happy , sad . Love all .. stop judging her . She lived a nightmare . Her life , her choice . I am here for it . Shes given us enough . Give her respect .. Emma Stone can be naked and will be nominated for an Oscar. Lets get naked folks . I actually plan on it more myself . I am looking good and this naked man is not gonna fear showing it. Shes ok folks and has trauma .  Yet shes human ! We all are !! Get naked !! Be raw !! Be you .. let her be and be her !!! Shes a great lady and I love all of her . **** off folks if your not here for todays Britney! 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Gutterguppy said:

I think many fans are entitled. They figured “well, we freed her, so she owes us,’ and they probably had this idea (and still do) of how her career should’ve looked like post conservatorship and what she should be doing with her life. And because Britney has always marched to the beat of her own drum and isn’t toeing the line, these fans get upset. 

But I agree, the comments are out of line now. We’re making fun of where she goes on vacation? Why?  I thought we wanted her to get out of her house. I remember reading one comment say how Rosengart would drop her as a client because she had a fling with that janitor guy. I get being disappointed with her choice, but it’s still her life? Why do we need to go to these extremes to denigrate her?

Now recently, I’ve been seeing people here say that she was probably not abused as she claims, we can’t trust what she says and that she’s stupid for trying to make amends with some of her family and if something bad happens to her she deserves it and fans won’t be there to support her. Do some of yall hear yourselves? So your support of her is only contingent on whether she does something you approve of?  

Another comment here mentioned that Britney’s only family are her fans (maybe they were half joking, but I think they were serious) and I thought, ‘what kind of fans constantly pick on you, make fun of you, and question the choices you make and how you want to live your life?’ There’s so much to unpack, but it’s really sad to see how fans are reacting here. 

a lot of the points you touched go in hand with the typical issue of false assumptions: "because I was right once (or even twice) then I'll be forever right about everything"

Entitled people may think that because FreeBritney was validated, then everything they come up with will be correct too, suspicions about everyone that surrounds her, what she should or shouldn't do with her life and career, the kind of content she should or shouldn't post on IG, etc.

If she says something inaccurate, then everything she says and has ever said before, will be untrue as well.

I think a lot of people have trouble accepting that their "fave" isn't the person they thought she was, or maybe she still has that in her, but she also has this other side that they didn't know, and may still have many other things we don't know yet, and it's ok not to like it, or not to like this "new Britney". Maybe a lot of people feel ashamed to admit to their acquaintances that this is the woman they defended so publicly and vehemently, because their own prejudices make them feel there's something wrong with her. They should then just move aside, keep their memories of whatever made them like Britney in the first place, and just forget about current Britney instead of spreading so much negativity or saltiness.

What is even the Britney they expected to see after the conservatorship? The one from 2016, 2012, 2006, 2007, 2001? In her early career she was "free" but still pressured by the industry, the media, and already had personal issues we didn't even know about. Right before the conservatorship, people also said she was acting erratically, hence why they were able to justify the conservatorship in the beginning. Any of the 13 years of conservatorship, even in 2016 she was still struggling underneath it all, so have we even met the "real Britney", like ever?

As a fan I've been here for Britney all these years, with all her different personalities throughout the eras, and this is just one more phase of hers. I'll be forever grateful for the happiness she's brought to my life, and I wish her the best of course, but she also has the right to make mistakes and learn from them, and if she surrounds herself with the wrong people or if she wants to make amends with her family, or not, or if she marries one guy or the other, is not that I don't care, but it's not my place to even have an opinion, because I'm not Britney, I don't live with her, she doesn't even know about my existence, and despite what she shares, or what they say, or what the media writes, in the end all we can do is assume things, and no one can know for sure the situation unless you're actually there seeing and hearing it by yourself, so it's useless to dedicate so much time and energy giving opinions on something we're not even sure.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Jup1ter said:

No one wants to control but everyone has an opinion of what is best to her according to what she said in public and book

so... it's normal, this happens in every fan base.

But when do people just move on? For instance I don’t really care for ranch dressing. I don’t spend hours of my time crapping on it to a bunch of hidden valley enthusiasts. Just doesn’t seem enjoyable long term. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Gutterguppy said:

I think many fans are entitled. They figured “well, we freed her, so she owes us,’ and they probably had this idea (and still do) of how her career should’ve looked like post conservatorship and what she should be doing with her life. And because Britney has always marched to the beat of her own drum and isn’t toeing the line, these fans get upset. 

But I agree, the comments are out of line now. We’re making fun of where she goes on vacation? Why?  I thought we wanted her to get out of her house. I remember reading one comment say how Rosengart would drop her as a client because she had a fling with that janitor guy. I get being disappointed with her choice, but it’s still her life? Why do we need to go to these extremes to denigrate her?

Now recently, I’ve been seeing people here say that she was probably not abused as she claims, we can’t trust what she says and that she’s stupid for trying to make amends with some of her family and if something bad happens to her she deserves it and fans won’t be there to support her. Do some of yall hear yourselves? So your support of her is only contingent on whether she does something you approve of?  

Another comment here mentioned that Britney’s only family are her fans (maybe they were half joking, but I think they were serious) and I thought, ‘what kind of fans constantly pick on you, make fun of you, and question the choices you make and how you want to live your life?’ There’s so much to unpack, but it’s really sad to see how fans are reacting here. 

yes a thousand times to this! your so called support is disingenuous as hell if you suddenly withdraw it because she doesn't do what you like. man, some of the fans on here are so mean to her. I mean, the belittling comments about her hair, her teeth, her boots, the way she speaks...i mean sheesh! sometimes its hard to believe we are the fans who helped her get out of that stifling situation bc lately it looks like all the fanbase does is tear her down.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

I think is like when you have your best friend in a toxic relationship... you've been listening to your friend complaining (with  good reasons) about how she will dump her toxic partner... she finally calls it quit for a while but then she goes back straight into his arms.

We just cant help to feel and think "what a du*****.. but hey whatever its your life, the one that is going to get ****ed again is you so lay in the bed you make" 

spacer.png

thats the thing though. its not just a random ex...that is her MOTHER. i get your point, they've been so terrible to her and im a little skeptical too but i just don't get why some people are taking it so damn personal

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.