Britney looks back on the Onyx Hotel Tour in new book: "The Onyx tour was a mistake"

It was an incredibly fun tour but it was ***ual and that played right into what people said about her. I loved it though. It was fun and the ***ual appealed to me, especially at the time. But I can see how Britney felt she was forced into it so it being ***ual must have felt like her team was ***ualizing her. 

Her team always liked to keep her busy but touring was 2 hours and then boredom. Bordem that left to her dating Kevin. I doubt she'll admit regretting Kevin, because of the boys, but I bet there is a huge part of her that does... 

I can't wait to read the book when it comes on Thursday or Friday!

• Like 3

I’m going to get dragged but I acc agree with her what made dwad phenomenal was that it balanced ***uality with creativity and fun. In the onyx hotel tour it’s like they were trying to shove Britney being s*xy and cool in peoples faces way too much especially with the breathe on me performances if they were like the abc special it would’ve been great, it seems like they were more focused on set design and *** appeal rather than Britney’s talent. The 2003 abc special does a great job of balancing all elements and make it quintessential Britney. 

• Love 2
  • Like 6

I don't understand her sometimes. I saw her complain several times about things being too ***ual (Work B* video, the residency, now the Onyx Hotel and many other things). But she keeps giving us or praising ***ual things that she does (Blackout's songs, Glory's Music Video or some of her posts on Instagram). 

I like that ***ual side of Britney and I'm okay if she wants to stop doing these sorts of things and I will support her if she continues to do so. I understand that in the case of Onyx and other projects, she was asked to be it by her team and not by choice but wasn't it also the case with other things that she praised? I'm a bit lost about that. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
12 minutes ago, OverCrazy said:

I don't understand her sometimes. I saw her complain several times about things being too ***ual (Work B* video, the residency, now the Onyx Hotel and many other things). But she keeps giving us or praising ***ual things that she does (Blackout's songs, Glory's Music Video or some of her posts on Instagram). 

I like that ***ual side of Britney and I'm okay if she wants to stop doing these sorts of things and I will support her if she continues to do so. I understand that in the case of Onyx and other projects, she was asked to be it by her team and not by choice but wasn't it also the case with other things that she praised? I'm a bit lost about that. 

I see where she’d think the ***ual nature of that tour was in poor taste and having to do it multiple nights. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

WHAT?! :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: But that tour was her at her absolute BEST. Best looks, best choreo, best body, EVERYTHING. I wanted tea, but I never wanted this. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

No it wasn’t as a fan we all felt the same way…we had our feelings about the new **** Britney with slave. But we adjusted to the fact that she was growing up b/c of not a girl, overprotected, etc…..onyx was ***ual with no real direction. Dwad is peak Britney. Her best dancing (she was invested) onyx she stopped giving a fuc.k 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

I see where she’d think the ***ual nature of that tour was in poor taste and having to do it multiple nights. 

I do see why too. I love the Touch of My Hand performance but the Breathe on Me always bothered me especially the 45 seconds long kiss with her dancer. Plus, the outfit was in poor taste. It looked cheap and slutty as hell compared to other of her "****" outfits. 

• Love 6
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, OverCrazy said:

I’m having a hard time making sense of this too.  I’m also confused as to when she had control and when she didn’t?  It’s so bizarre to hear that she performed material she didn’t want to and in a way she didn’t want to before the conservatorship.  

I wish she had been stronger in fighting for what she wanted.  So many regrets in her life, it’s so sad. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.