Michael Myers learns Britney’s knife dance

Cqleb

9 minutes ago, mono-yuumi said:

This! I hate how her "fans" complain about every damn move she makes, every video she posts, every sentence she writes. That's ******* messed up. If you don't like her content, just press the unfollow button and go mind your bussiness (*****). "Oooh she is ruining her career" like WTF do you all know about having a career in the first place? i mean she is the legendary miss britney spears and you're all a bunch of gay mean pathetic irrelevant people. they should worry about building a career for themselves before trying to give someone advice. 

Mariah Carey Smile GIF by Apple Music - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Love 2
On 9/27/2023 at 10:25 PM, BadBunny said:

Yeah but some fans think being a meme is better or just as good as being a respected artist.

What is being a "respected artist" to you? Michael Jackson, Janet, Madonna and even Mariah for example, all are/were great artists but all the media did was being cruel to them and the GP all paid them dust and treated them harshly and nowdays they're are not even slighlty relevant compared to the younger generation of artists. Life is not that serious. Just laugh once in a while. Britney got soooo sad about people reacting badly to her knife dance (even calling the police) that she posted another one like 2 days after. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

Edited by mono-yuumi
  • Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, mono-yuumi said:

That's definitively not how money works, dude. hahah

Britney, her children, her grandchildren and maybe even her gran granchildren won't have to work a single day in their lives if they do not want to. She has a fortune. That's the whole reason the conservatorship was put in place. 

Then how were Team Con and her stupid family able to spend most of her fortune in 13 years that now she is worth only $60 million?

2 hours ago, mono-yuumi said:

I'm pretty sure Britney has internet (oh she has). And she is pretty aware about the mean jokes and comments people make about her. And you know what she does about it? Nothing. She just dont give a tiny little single **** and just keep doing her thing over and over again. That's called authenticity, integrity, self esteem and etc. Things you're probably not familiar with and that's why you're so worried about what others think about you. :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

You think she doesn't care what others think of her? That she has a healthy self esteem? Did you read the captions to her posts, like, ever? Girl is crippled with insecurity. 

/rant

The sad part is, her need for acceptance by the public is so strong, the only way she knows how to feel better about herself is to post an instagram video for everyone to judge. The more bare (not only in physically,but also psychologically bare), the better - because it means the love and attention is unconditional and more sincere.  Most of the time I don't really see empowerment in these clips - I see self-objectification. And your role as a viewer is to conclude that she is indeed a "good object". That's how trauma often works - it often makes you reenact the traumatic events in different ciecumstances with hope that you'll get different result this time around. Because that's exactly the way here parents have treated her  as the golden child, as did the industry, the media and the fans - as their very own barbie doll (and probably even some of the people she loved). Now she's doing the exact same thing to herself via proxy of the internet, and it keeps making her grow more and more insecure. And while she may get the "rush" when she feels adored after posting a video, there will also be a situation like recent knives video when it will do her the exact opposite, times 10. And since in her head she's at the mercy at the viewer's eye, she won't stop explaining herself until she believes WE don't judge her. 

I get how dancing with knives can be empowering for someone who has felt vulnerable and had her boundaries crossed horribly multiple times. But at the same time it still remains a dance - a show for the camera and the audience behind the screen. If they don't clap, we got a problem.

True empowerment is not about others applauding you, but how little you care if they don't - not in spite though, but genuinely. I wish Britney good friends that can show her how to love herself genuinely.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mono-yuumi said:

What is being a "respected artist" to you? Michael Jackson, Janet, Madonna and even Mariah for example, all are/were great artists but all the media did was being cruel to them and the GP all paid them dust and treated them harshly and nowdays they're are not even slighlty relevant compared to the younger generation of artists. Life is not that serious. Just laugh once in a while. Britney got soooo sad about people reacting badly to her knife dance (even calling the police) that she posted another one like 2 days after. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

Bruh imagine thinking I’m taking life that serious. Baby ima VIP at XS/Encore. Chill tf out. Britney’s a meme unlike the rest of her 90s contemporaries. Idgaf. Shakira is more legendary btw but Britney is cute for a throwback. But yes please throw a fit at what I say while simultaneously saying I take things too serious. 😂

12 hours ago, BadBunny said:

Bruh imagine thinking I’m taking life that serious. Baby ima VIP at XS/Encore. Chill tf out. Britney’s a meme unlike the rest of her 90s contemporaries. Idgaf. Shakira is more legendary btw but Britney is cute for a throwback. But yes please throw a fit at what I say while simultaneously saying I take things too serious. 😂

Name ONE 90s contemporaries that hasn't been a meme at some point, dude. That's the fuel of social media.  "Shakira is more legendary btw but Britney is cute" like...? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: What's the point of this affirmation? They are both amazing artists and amazing people as far as I know.

Based on your reply, I think the point is that you don't care about Britney at all, but you are still coming to a her fan forum to diss her, because you know you'll get attention for that. I didn't said YOU take things too serious, I have no idea who you are (neither wanna have). Actually, I would recommend you the oposite, maybe you should start taking things a little bit more serious , starting by finding a better way to spend your free time than making negative comments towards people online. Make sure your attending therapy, it helps. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, mono-yuumi said:

Name ONE 90s contemporaries that hasn't been a meme at some point, dude. That's the fuel of social media.  "Shakira is more legendary btw but Britney is cute" like...? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: What's the point of this affirmation? They are both amazing artists and amazing people as far as I know.

Based on your reply, I think the point is that you don't care about Britney at all, but you are still coming to a her fan forum to diss her, because you know you'll get attention for that. I didn't said YOU take things too serious, I have no idea who you are (neither wanna have). Actually, I would recommend you the oposite, maybe you should start taking things a little bit more serious , starting by finding a better way to spend your free time than making negative comments towards people online. Make sure your attending therapy, it helps. 

Baby stop taking everything so literal. Britney’s personal life is being overshadowed by her professional. If you read what I wrote, not once did I say it wasn’t okay for her to be a meme nor is that necessarily a bad thing. After all, she isn’t making music and is essentially retired.

19 hours ago, dandy said:

You think she doesn't care what others think of her? That she has a healthy self esteem? Did you read the captions to her posts, like, ever? Girl is crippled with insecurity. 

/rant

The sad part is, her need for acceptance by the public is so strong, the only way she knows how to feel better about herself is to post an instagram video for everyone to judge. The more bare (not only in physically,but also psychologically bare), the better - because it means the love and attention is unconditional and more sincere.  Most of the time I don't really see empowerment in these clips - I see self-objectification. And your role as a viewer is to conclude that she is indeed a "good object". That's how trauma often works - it often makes you reenact the traumatic events in different ciecumstances with hope that you'll get different result this time around. Because that's exactly the way here parents have treated her  as the golden child, as did the industry, the media and the fans - as their very own barbie doll (and probably even some of the people she loved). Now she's doing the exact same thing to herself via proxy of the internet, and it keeps making her grow more and more insecure. And while she may get the "rush" when she feels adored after posting a video, there will also be a situation like recent knives video when it will do her the exact opposite, times 10. And since in her head she's at the mercy at the viewer's eye, she won't stop explaining herself until she believes WE don't judge her. 

I get how dancing with knives can be empowering for someone who has felt vulnerable and had her boundaries crossed horribly multiple times. But at the same time it still remains a dance - a show for the camera and the audience behind the screen. If they don't clap, we got a problem.

True empowerment is not about others applauding you, but how little you care if they don't - not in spite though, but genuinely. I wish Britney good friends that can show her how to love herself genuinely.

By your words, I felt you are really concerned about her and I feel you are a real fan. But in my opinion, you are overthinking it to the extreme. You don't know her that deep and you are making a lot of assumptions. When I saw the thumbnail of her video with the knives, I automatically thought she was dancing to Shakira because I had saw her performance like a week ago and it was fresh in my mind. When I watched the video, I knew she was making fun of that rumour that Sam said she liked knives or whatever. It's just an exercise of trying not to create theories based on nothing. 

The media created a narrative in 2007 about Britney being crazy because that story would sell a lot  (and it did) and society stated that as a truth, because why not? Before that, Britney was always portraited as a dumb blonde. When she broke up with Justin, it was because she was a sl** and the list goes on. That's just misoginy for me, I'm sorry. If Britney wasn't massively famous like she is, nobody would care about her dancing videos on Instagram. They would just though "oh a woman dancing", at most "oh an excentric woman dancing", like thousand that do the same thing on tiktok everyday. 

I think Britney just like dancing and posing for cameras. She's an artist for gods sake. She likes her videos and likes to share it. I don't think there is a trauma behind it. Actually, I think it's pretty petty and hypocritical to assume that just because her videos are not polished. If she did the exact same coreo but with 12 backup dancers behind her, on a pretty cool background and recording it professionally with a banger pop tune, than everybody would say "oooh she's an icon, she's back" and blabla. Britney likes to dance since she was a child, that's the reason she became famous, isn't it? So I don't understand why is so hard for people to state the obvious.  

Edited by mono-yuumi

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block