Sometimes (the MV) has hit 300 million views

I always saw this song as the B-side to BOMT, and it kind of is: Sometimes was released as the second single to show the "other" side to Britney, the more innocent, virginal side the media and her record label wanted to cultivate because some parents thought BOMT was too provocative. 

Britney might not like Sometimes but it's a nostalgic song which brings me right back to 1999! I love it, personally. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Oh my seventeen year old self jams so hard to this :awyeah_britney_yes_yas: specially because of the lyrics which I most related to when I was dating my first boyfriend and I didn't know what to say or what to do because I was shy or simply didn't know how to act.

Baby what I need is time :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

Edited by Fita
1 hour ago, Dcarp999 said:

I always saw this song as the B-side to BOMT, and it kind of is: Sometimes was released as the second single to show the "other" side to Britney, the more innocent, virginal side the media and her record label wanted to cultivate because some parents thought BOMT was too provocative. 

Britney might not like Sometimes but it's a nostalgic song which brings me right back to 1999! I love it, personally. 

Yeah, I could be but personally I think it pictures a normal kinda clueless teenage falling in love and not having much experience in relationships and expressing their love and affection, you know. It's cute. :)

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

Hey its nice to see you on here again.

Anyways I'm glad this song is getting a lot of views on Youtube cause honestly I feel like its often overlooked or overshadowed by her more famous bubblegum pop songs like Oops and BOMT but its just as good.

Yes it maybe a little cheesy and sentimental but it has a nice melody and a catchy chorus

plus Britney looks GORGEOUS in the video!

I know Britney doesn't like the song but I wish she performed it at least once on the POM residency,

that would've been great :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Hey its nice to see you on here again.

Anyways I'm glad this song is getting a lot of views on Youtube cause honestly I feel like its often overlooked or overshadowed by her more famous bubblegum pop songs like Oops and BOMT but its just as good.

I feel this way about Crazy as well. I think it has been overshadowed and forgotten by the general public even if not amongst us here.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

I feel this way about Crazy as well. I think it has been overshadowed and forgotten by the general public even if not amongst us here.

Oh yeah I should've added that song as well.

Although it did get some recognition last year in Rebel WIlson's Netflix movie, Senior Year,

when she does a dance performance to this song.

But yeah when people think of songs from her prime they either think BOMT, Oops, Slave and Toxic.

Everything else is kinda forgotten to the GP which is a shame cause a lot of the other singles she released during her prime are just as great, if not more than those 4.

4 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Oh yeah I should've added that song as well.

Although it did get some recognition last year in Rebel WIlson's Netflix movie, Senior Year,

when she does a dance performance to this song.

But yeah when people think of songs from her prime they either think BOMT, Oops, Slave and Toxic.

Everything else is kinda forgotten to the GP which is a shame cause a lot of the other singles she released during her prime are just as great, if not more than those 4.

I feel like in 2007 with Blackout, it was a big reset to Britney's career, since her base and audience also changed, and each song released at that point sort of is analogous to one earlier on in her career in terms of career impact with the general public. 

BOMT - Gimme More (the "big hit")
Sometimes - Piece of Me (the solidifying second single)
Crazy - Break the Ice (underrated "forgotten" single)
Oops - Womanizer (follow up "big hit" even though Womanizer is one of my LEAST favorite Britney songs, blah)
Circus - Lucky (solidifying single on follow-up album)
etc.

• Super Mods
32 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

I feel like in 2007 with Blackout, it was a big reset to Britney's career, since her base and audience also changed, and each song released at that point sort of is analogous to one earlier on in her career in terms of career impact with the general public. 

BOMT - Gimme More (the "big hit")
Sometimes - Piece of Me (the solidifying second single)
Crazy - Break the Ice (underrated "forgotten" single)
Oops - Womanizer (follow up "big hit" even though Womanizer is one of my LEAST favorite Britney songs, blah)
Circus - Lucky (solidifying single on follow-up album)
etc.

Hmm that's a good analogy and it does make sense cause she still had her old image even in the ITZ era but it wasn't until afterwards that she reinvented her image and sound.

Gimme More for sure is more remembered to the GP than Womanizer in my opinion.

42 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Hmm that's a good analogy and it does make sense cause she still had her old image even in the ITZ era but it wasn't until afterwards that she reinvented her image and sound.

Gimme More for sure is more remembered to the GP than Womanizer in my opinion.

Gimme More is also a much better song. I honestly think Womanizer is not a great song and if anyone other than Britney performed it, we would all hate it. It's repetitive as can be, too.

I LOVE Gimme More but I prefer Break the Ice. I'm one of those people :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

Gimme More is also a much better song. I honestly think Womanizer is not a great song and if anyone other than Britney performed it, we would all hate it. It's repetitive as can be, too.

I LOVE Gimme More but I prefer Break the Ice. I'm one of those people :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Me too, I prefer break the ice over gimme. But I remember the big hype and excitement of when womanizer started playing on the radios in my country.

Jeez, even I who wasn't a fan back then was like freaking out inside!!! But I didn't react because I wasn't out of the closet yet lol:hype_britney_glory_jkl_jimmy_kimmel_live_laugh_lol_haha_hype_excited_pumped_lmao_cackle:  

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.