Sean And Jayden - Maui Fires Have Been Traumatic For Them - Moved To Hawaii 2 Weeks Ago

Message added by SlayOut,

I know 99.8% of people on this site do not like the Federlines, but please do not write or wish death on them.

48 minutes ago, Dave92 said:

Remember when we found out they could either go to college and get child support for a few more years OR get child support for life if they’re mentally unwell? 

Obviously setting up the latter. They are so pathetic. 

They have to be incapacitated/unable to provide for themselves due to some form of documented disability. The "she has dementia" route won't work this time. They won't be getting child support after the age of 18, I would bet on it. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
Just now, easy said:

They have to be incapacitated/unable to provide for themselves due to some form of documented disability. The "she has dementia" route won't work this time. They won't be getting child support after the age of 18, I would bet on it. 

According to California law the child support can be extended if the kids enroll in college. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, easy said:

In California, there is no legal requirement for either parent to pay child support for an adult child attending college.

My bad I meant Hawaii Law.

HOW LONG IS CHILD SUPPORT PAYABLE?

Child support in Hawai’i is ordered for children up to the age of eighteen (18), and up to age twenty three (23) if the child is enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university, or in a vocational or trade school.  Full-time, for purposes of child support in Hawaii, is viewed as the equivalent of 12 credit hours in school.  There is recent Hawaii case law however, indicating that there are unusual circumstances in which support might be extended past age 23.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

My bad I meant Hawaii Law.

HOW LONG IS CHILD SUPPORT PAYABLE?

Child support in Hawai’i is ordered for children up to the age of eighteen (18), and up to age twenty three (23) if the child is enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university, or in a vocational or trade school.  Full-time, for purposes of child support in Hawaii, is viewed as the equivalent of 12 credit hours in school.  There is recent Hawaii case law however, indicating that there are unusual circumstances in which support might be extended past age 23.

Yes but they have to get a jurisdiction change in order for that to happen. The orders don't change simply because they move to a new state. And everything I've seen from lawyers indicate that a judge would not grant a change this late into the children's lives. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, easy said:

Yes but they have to get a jurisdiction change in order for that to happen. The orders don't change simply because they move to a new state. And everything I've seen from lawyers indicate that a judge would not grant a change this late into the children's lives. 

Yeah, I'm not a judge so I won't rule on whether it will or won't happen, my point is that it is possible, and Kevin can file to have it extended now that they're in Hawaii.

Once the child support runs out in the California jurisdiction, and Hawaii is their permanent home as of now, if they enroll in school they can file for an extension.

Not saying it will be granted, but chances are they might. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block