Not a twink, not yet a daddy

Is it just me or is being in your 30s like being in a limbo when it comes to being a gay man? Let me explain. I've always been considered good looking and I never had to struggle to hook up with anyone I wanted. My Grindr was literally on fire throughout my 20s, and my skinny body was a hit at the bars and on the apps. Every weekend was all about jumping from D to D to D, and it always turned out to be a match ANYTIME I swiped right. I truly had the best 20s.

Fast forward to my early 30s—with my body still slim but no longer twinkie-skinny à la Troye Sivan, and some veiled little lines on my forehead (nothing retinoids can't fix)—my Grindr has become almost a desert. I've noticed a significant decline in guys' interest in me, with daddies (who have always been after me) often not even coming back to my messages. It's demoralising, and shocking, especially as it's such a drastic situation compared to just 4 or 5 years ago.

I talked about it with a friend, and he said apparently it happens to all gays in their 30s as everyone is either into twinks or daddies. Another friend of mine in his late 40s, who's extremely handsome, confirmed this 'rule', saying he's never hooked up and had so many guys after him like he does these days.

So, is this how it works then? That it's a twinks and daddies' world, and everyone in between just has to wait to become more of a daddy to successfully shop around again? Is anyone else experiencing the same or has noticed something similar?

Signed, a former twink.

Edited by Crazy4BRITNEY3.0
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4
35 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

Is it just me or is being in your 30s like being in a limbo when it comes to being a gay man? Let me explain. I've always been considered good looking and I never had to struggle to hook up with anyone I wanted. My Grindr was literally on fire throughout my 20s, and my skinny body was a hit at the bars and on the apps. Every weekend was all about jumping from D to D to D, and it always turned out to be a match ANYTIME I swiped right. I truly had the best 20s.

Fast forward to my early 30s—with my body still slim but no longer twinkie-skinny à la Troye Sivan, and some veiled little lines on my forehead (nothing retinoids can't fix)—my Grindr has become almost a desert. I've noticed a significant decline in guys' interest in me, with daddies (who have always been after me) often not even coming back to my messages. It's demoralising, and shocking, especially as it's such a drastic situation compared to just 4 or 5 years ago.

I talked about it with a friend, and he said apparently it happens to all gays in their 30s as everyone is either into twinks or daddies. Another friend of mine in his late 40s, who's extremely handsome, confirmed this 'rule', saying he's never hooked up and had so many guys after him like he does these days.

So, is this how it works then? That it's a twinks and daddies' world, and everyone in between just has to wait to become more of a daddy to successfully shop around again? Is anyone else experiencing the same or has noticed something similar?

Signed, a former twink.

Maybe it's motivation to try harder and not have everything so easy, to impress others in a different way and to stop with superficial dates.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

Signed, a former twink.

:parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

Edited by Tanjiro Kamadu

It's an aspect of dating that's creepy, and honestly reminiscient of pederasty, a social custom in which an adult male would court a young Greek boy...

Sadly, the older male/younger female hetero***ual pairing is creepily common as well.

Sounds like you need less D and more knowledge.

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block