Could the drama around Britney and will.i.am's ''Mind Your Business'' be a promotional strategy?

The combination of Myah Marie's vocals, speculations about AI's involvement, rumors of it being a 2013 Britney Jean outtake and the poorly photoshopped single cover featuring 2003 photo of Britney have sparked discussions not only among fans but also among the general public. If you check out the TikTok comments, you'll see loads of people who genuinely think Britney's voice is AI.

It appears they are intentionally fueling the conspiracy theories about Britney to bolster the song's promotion.

I've observed significant online chatter surrounding this song, with a substantial number of likes and discussions on platforms like Twitter and TikTok, for example:

General public shares a sense of nostalgia towards 'Scream and Shout,' which contributes to their interest in this song as well.

Thoughts?

hottie8vvum3.gif

• Haha 2

What I find funny is that half of those rumours were literally spontaneously created by fans. Countless times in this forum alone I read "watch it being a BJ outtake/imagine if it's AI/I'm sure this has to be this or that" and people picked up on those and things snowballed. Three quotes later those were officially rumours. Honestly some fans are so paranoid that they pile up on stuff without even reading them properly or thinking them through.

But yeah every press is good press I guess so let's go let's make this mp3 a hit :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

Edited by Matheus Carmignani Salvador
  • Love 3
  • Like 5

No. Everything you've mentioned was either created by or speculated by fans. The drama is in the fanbase, the GP doesn't give one **** if it's an old photo or not, they don't know who Myah Marie is, and are excited for S&S part two. 

Edited by easy
  • Like 5
28 minutes ago, Henry. said:

The combination of Myah Marie's vocals, speculations about AI's involvement, rumors of it being a 2013 Britney Jean outtake and the poorly photoshopped single cover featuring 2003 photo of Britney have sparked discussions not only among fans but also among the general public. If you check out the TikTok comments, you'll see loads of people who genuinely think Britney's voice is AI.

It appears they are intentionally fueling the conspiracy theories about Britney to bolster the song's promotion.

I've observed significant online chatter surrounding this song, with a substantial number of likes and discussions on platforms like Twitter and TikTok, for example:

General public shares a sense of nostalgia towards 'Scream and Shout,' which contributes to their interest in this song as well.

Thoughts?

hottie8vvum3.gif

Honestly, it's awkward how Myah did vocals, they made from it AIney and they name it "Britney". There is no respect and makes me cringe, it reminds me episode with copying Lucy Liu in Futurama. It's disrespectful towards Britney at all sides.:orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Love 2

Yeah, no. 

Let's face it, Britney is not a promotional mastermind, certainly not at this point. Will just digged out a Bl** Jo* reject because he wanted he's 15 minutes, and Britney rolled with it because her involvement was to repost will's story (and deleting it). 

:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

And the Ai **** is entirely generated by this forum, nothing else. Her entire BJ album sounded like today's Ai songs, so no wonder why people would think that.

Edited by la_land

Promo strategy? 😂 she hasn’t even promoted it! She can’t even take a new photo for it. HMC, Mind your Business and her upcoming book are all with photos at least 15 years old. It’s all messy. The problem is fans on this site creating all these rumors. 

Edited by stronger1992
  • Like 1

No offense, but the 'drama' you mention, seems to be dramatic for only some fans in this specific forum. Maybe some people in general talk about it, but I think that's about it. Drama? Nah.

But Britney is truely a smart person and knows how to troll us, and knows how to give the muthafuggas something to talk about.

Who knows, maybe the song is about her insta and that's why she intentionally used her profile pic for the cover.

3 minutes ago, stronger1992 said:

Promo strategy? 😂 she hasn’t even promoted it! She can’t even take a new photo for it. HMC, Mind your Business and her upcoming book are all with photos at least 15 years old. It’s all messy 

Promo these days isn't just about someone making appearances and promoting it directly. We now live in the social media era, where the game has changed. The fact that it's all so dynamic and messy can actually be the key to a successful promotional strategy 😂

10 minutes ago, la_land said:

Yeah, no. 

Let's face it, Britney is not a promotional mastermind, certainly not at this point. Will just digged out a Bl** Jo* reject because he wanted he's 15 minutes, and Britney rolled with it because her involvement was to repost will's story (and deleting it). 

:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

And the Ai **** is entirely generated by this forum, nothing else. Her entire BJ album sounded like today's Ai songs, so no wonder why people would think that.

Conspiracy theories about Britney extend beyond her fans and even beyond Exhale. Britney obviously isn't directly promoting the single, and it's likely not even her team handling it. She probably doesn't even have a team. It's will.i.am's song, so it's his business.

Edited by Henry.
35 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

If it’s a promotional strategy, it’s not a very good one.

BABY a promotional strategy for songs can never be truly bad as long as it generates interest, regardless of the reasons. If it captivates people's attention and entices them to listen to the song, then it is indeed an effective promotion

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block