Anyone else ever realize how unrecognizable and different Britney looks in the BOMT video?

I am on a Britney music video marathon today.

I had a flashback to when I was a kid, and I first saw the video for "Crazy" and my image of Britney in my head was how she looked in the BOMT video and I had trouble recognizing her in the video for at least the first several minutes. I thought the same today.

I am blown away by how unrecognizable she looks in the BOMT video, compared to Oops, Crazy, Overprotected, and Sometimes where you can tell it is clearly her. 

No implications to this, no conspiracies.. just sort of blown away by it. She is like a shapeshifter. It is not just hair and makeup but just... everything. 

Is it just that Hollywood had not yet given her the iconic "Britney" look that we recognize as her so clearly and she still looks like a child?

maxresdefault.jpg

Britney-Spears-...Baby-One-More-Time-scr

Britney-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Compared to:

britney-oops.jpg?h=d679be2c&itok=gR6YIoc

Sometimes-Britney-Spears.jpg

Britney_Spears_Overprotected.jpg

DZvOhr4.jpg

• Super Mods

I think its cause she was very tan and thin in the video compared to her others.

You can also tell the difference in her chest size from BOMT to Sometimes,

idk if it was puberty or plastic surgery but I think that could be why she looks different.

Plus Britney's makeup and outfits SCREAM 90s way more in the BOMT video than any of her other videos.

Edited by princessmimi
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, Propagandalf said:

I don't exactly follow. I see the same facial features in different, yet extremely tasteful make-up. I however do see different personas adjusted to the video themes. 

This woman is a vision, I love her so much...:kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

She has never looked like in the BOMT video ever again IMO. Not even on the album cover. 

• Like 1
Just now, Emil87 said:

I agree, she also looked very different on the album cover for BOMT. So much so that I thought she was of ethnic descent up until the “Sometimes” MV.

we stan a shape shifting, color changing queen.

She looks like her mother who is partially Italian. I think this gives her darker features but she still always looked white to me.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Marg said:

I always felt that way about oops video! I feel like she looks like herself in BOMT but I always thought she looked barely recognizable in the other. These looks are so perfect either way:yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

To me in Oops, Overprotected and Crazy she looks like the same person. I also always thought Crazy video she really looks like Jamie Lynn. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.