Adele apologizing winning a grammy

was a weak move. kinda changed the way I saw her when she did that. it's so damn weak. at least Harry this year didn't do that. just take ur grammy, say thank you and leave. Beyocné is not God, it's insanity to me the way americans act around Beyoncé, it's not Michael Jackson or Elvis, calm the f down. and even if it was, dont apologize and act all scared bcs u won against Beyoncé, so weak... wow. just my thought as i was watching a youtube video analyzing that moment.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Dont know which Grammy you talking about but if its the one for "25" and she said she cannot accept that award because "Lemonade" was better I lost lot of respect for her.

I think it was also very selfish move from her because the album was a product of many people, from songwritters, producers, musicians, engineers etc. and she basically completely disrespected them by saying that.

• Love 4
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

Dont know which Grammy you talking about but if its the one for "25" and she said she cannot accept that award because "Lemonade" was better I lost lot of respect for her.

I think it was also very selfish move from her because the album was a product of many people, from songwritters, producers, musicians, engineers etc. and she basically completely disrespected them by saying that.

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

And just tired of artists playing humble at this point, they act like they are SO embarrassed of winning an award! JUST accept it, and say thank you.

You are a Global superstar, and I'm not saying that they need to act like cocky or like a Diva, but come on...

Edited by Ofcoursenot
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, MIKE_INT said:

So true. 

I remember losing respect for her too during that speech.

I will NEVER understand the hype around Beyoncé, she's good but not Legend good. 

I think she just has a good publicist. She has this strategy that we read about in books like "48 rules of power" and such.

Be mysterious, don't post too much, always act as surprise and don't talk too much (no interviews).

And it worked.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Boring thread. Lemonade was a huge album and I’m tired of you guys always looking for excuses to hate on someone who doesn’t even ask people to do this for her lol. This was in a pre “woke” era, to which the Grammys was more divisive and truly did gatekeep how many indie and BIPOC artists were nominated. While Beyoncé CURRENTLY the most nominated artist in Grammys history, she was not back then and it was quite heavily speculated that she was the contender for the night. I think that’s why Adele felt like saying something 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, nstink said:

was a weak move. kinda changed the way I saw her when she did that. it's so damn weak. at least Harry this year didn't do that. just take ur grammy, say thank you and leave. Beyocné is not God, it's insanity to me the way americans act around Beyoncé, it's not Michael Jackson or Elvis, calm the f down. and even if it was, dont apologize and act all scared bcs u won against Beyoncé, so weak... wow. just my thought as i was watching a youtube video analyzing that moment.

I wouldn't even bother going on stage. This is not the award of her level (I mean Adele).

Edited by IJustWantUToBeHappy3x

ehm let me remind you of when britney received a video vanguard award in 2011 and instead did a speech to celebrate mafiaoncé and introduce her performance… that was sad and it felt forced.

there’s something dark going on behind the scenes in hollywood linked to that woman and her sketchy husband. it’s clear everyone has to be careful and treat them like gods to stay relevant and continue working, both celebrities and press (whose head editors I’m sure get some annual cash to keep the celebratory narrative going).

before Beyoncé was elevated to goddess on earth status in the early 2010s we had new amazing artists getting their spotlight and well deserved flowers every few years. Have you noticed no one actually becomes “big BIG” these days anymore? Or how uber talented artists who could be HUGE like normani get put at their place without getting any chance to shine? The devil works hard but Mafiaoncè and her hubby work harder and it’s a fact. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Rik vs Exhale said:

Boring thread. Lemonade was a huge album and I’m tired of you guys always looking for excuses to hate on someone who doesn’t even ask people to do this for her lol. This was in a pre “woke” era, to which the Grammys was more divisive and truly did gatekeep how many indie and BIPOC artists were nominated. While Beyoncé CURRENTLY the most nominated artist in Grammys history, she was not back then and it was quite heavily speculated that she was the contender for the night. I think that’s why Adele felt like saying something 

Girl we’ve been in a woke era for a decade at minimum. Adele had the most successful album and impact with the boomers and that’s why she won. Beyoncé bought all the other awards so she didn’t need an extra one. She is talented, but not the most awarded artist talented. I’d bet most of the awards were bought or given to comply with quota numbers. Why are there so many talented BIPOC that don’t have nearly the same accolades? Because they don’t have the media and award committees on the payroll

• Like 2

It’s all scripted. 

I enjoy the music beyonce puts out. I admire her work ethic too. But all this doesn’t justify the pedestal others put her on, especially given her shade side of stealing songwriting credits, set plagiarism and purchasing awards.

The agenda they’re pushing from behind the scenes have to do with black supremacy. You can tell from her videos.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

ehm let me remind you of when britney received a video vanguard award in 2011 and instead did a speech to celebrate mafiaoncé and introduce her performance… that was sad and it felt forced.

there’s something dark going on behind the scenes in hollywood linked to that woman and her sketchy husband. it’s clear everyone has to be careful and treat them like gods to stay relevant and continue working, both celebrities and press (whose head editors I’m sure get some annual cash to keep the celebratory narrative going).

before Beyoncé was elevated to goddess on earth status in the early 2010s we had new amazing artists getting their spotlight and well deserved flowers every few years. Have you noticed no one actually becomes “big BIG” these days anymore? Or how uber talented artists who could be HUGE like normani get put at their place without getting any chance to shine? The devil works hard but Mafiaoncè and her hubby work harder and it’s a fact. 

yup.

considering what she did to Amerie and even Kelly, wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

• Like 1

I hope she goes away . Her music is the same garbage . She has a stellar voice . Yet her choice in songs is depressing and starts to blend . I would love her to go rock, alternative or a killer dance song. Just actual music thats worth listening too. Slow songs are great if they are good. Shes just not making great music. Shes also grown a huge ego. I am kinda like , get over yourself. I use to love her . Now she just grinds on my nerves . Sorry I do get her fans love her. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.