Pink is aiming for number one in the UK with Trustfall outpacing her nearest rival 2 to 1 in sales.

46 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

how is she aiming for #1 when no one even knows she has a new album out :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

YOU'RE SERIOUSLY JOKING.

SHE has been doing promo, and had been number one on iTunes and Apple music worldwide since it came out,  I'm not shocked or surprised that Spotify is losing a lot to the competition being hi Def and better sound quality,  etc. And doing interviews with the artists and helping them do promotion.

Spotify became more interested in podcasts, and I feel that's the turn off, not about the music anymore like the others are. 

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

YOU'RE SERIOUSLY JOKING.

SHE has been doing promo, and had been number one on iTunes and Apple music worldwide since it came out,  I'm not shocked or surprised that Spotify is losing a lot to the competition being hi Def and better sound quality,  etc. And doing interviews with the artists and helping them do promotion.

Spotify became more interested in podcasts, and I feel that's the turn off, not about the music anymore like the others are. 

No one buys music anymore so 10,000 fans buying the album are enough to get to #1 on iTunes 💁🏼‍♀️

did she do lead singles or surprise dropped it? It’s just weird that she’s randomly decided to launch an album without a hit or a lead single anyone who’s not a fan would be aware of. but hey if she pulls it out of the bag good for her, guess it’s an easy job to get a number 1 these days 😅

37 minutes ago, bas che said:

What’s interesting about pink’s albums is that they have longevity on the charts thanks to her sold out tours. Can’t say the same about other pop artists. 

I remember people were shocked when mdna and rebel heart returned to the billboard 200, I'm like I'm not, the tour started and it was genius for Madonna to put the focus on current material and less about her catalog. 

It has to be hard to know which catalog of hits and fan favorites do I choose, cos the main priority to do this tour, is to push Trustfall. 

People are now asking if the 14 city Trustfall tour, after the stadium tour concludes, is the same show or a completely different one, I'm like none of the cities got the stadium tour,  should be a show exclusive to them,  and keep it separate that way she can get people who can live a life to go to both tours 

Just now, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

No one buys music anymore so 10,000 fans buying the album are enough to get to #1 on iTunes 💁🏼‍♀️

did she do lead singles or surprise dropped it? It’s just weird that she’s randomly decided to launch an album without a hit or a lead single anyone who’s not a fan would be aware of. but hey if she pulls it out of the bag good for her, guess it’s an easy job to get a number 1 these days 😅

She's a radio artist and part of the top 100 globally listened to artists on Spotify (#77),  obviously there is a fan base cos outside Britney spears who else can say they're part of that elite, the top 100 artists listened to daily on Spotify even xtina can't say that at #176. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

People still buy music,  I don't know any millennial born between 1981-1986 that just streams music,  certain artists have people that buy,cos like most Said we have lives unlike teens,so we don't need to listen to music via phones and internet.  

They'll understand that when they enter the real world and realize the time they get to themselves,  is mostly sleep time. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

People still buy music,  I don't know any millennial born between 1981-1986 that just streams music,  certain artists have people that buy,cos like most Said we have lives unlike teens,so we don't need to listen to music via phones and internet.  

They'll understand that when they enter the real world and realize the time they get to themselves,  is mostly sleep time. 

i mean my mum loves her apple music and she’s 64. Idk as much as there are still people buying every single track they like or full albums, surely they must be a huge minority like 1.1% 

still i think it’s really brave of her to drop an album without any impactful/successful lead single but amazing if she manages to chart so high as you say. The risk though is to fade away quickly and have a massive drop at week 2

It also does help to mention the uk chart rules and @Slayer can verify pretty much limits the streams, only 10 streams of an album or a single counts, after that on your isp or VPN, that's basically free and occ don't add them.

That's how a lot of artists popular in streaming technically debut at number one, people thought Aitch had number one locked but steps did music bundles and music box sets,the bundle got you everything vinyl, cassette, cd and the solo editions of the steps platinum collection,  that's where people who are a streaming artist loses in the uk. 

Music based bundles are allowed to chart. 

8 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It also does help to mention the uk chart rules and @Slayer can verify pretty much limits the streams, only 10 streams of an album or a single counts, after that on your isp or VPN, that's basically free and occ don't add them.

That's how a lot of artists popular in streaming technically debut at number one, people thought Aitch had number one locked but steps did music bundles and music box sets,the bundle got you everything vinyl, cassette, cd and the solo editions of the steps platinum collection,  that's where people who are a streaming artist loses in the uk. 

Music based bundles are allowed to chart. 

So if I buy an album including a cd, a vinyl and a tape, the three of them count as three different purchases towards charting? That’s sneaky af!

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I remember people were shocked when mdna and rebel heart returned to the billboard 200, I'm like I'm not, the tour started and it was genius for Madonna to put the focus on current material and less about her catalog. 

It has to be hard to know which catalog of hits and fan favorites do I choose, cos the main priority to do this tour, is to push Trustfall. 

People are now asking if the 14 city Trustfall tour, after the stadium tour concludes, is the same show or a completely different one, I'm like none of the cities got the stadium tour,  should be a show exclusive to them,  and keep it separate that way she can get people who can live a life to go to both tours 

That can’t be practical though. It won’t be easy to customize each show for each city. Sometimes artists tend to change a few things based on the tour leg and cater to that region’s tastes. 

57 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

So if I buy an album including a cd, a vinyl and a tape, the three of them count as three different purchases towards charting? That’s sneaky af!

It’s not honestly. You gotta to see what other artists do. For example the weeknd; for every merch item sold on his website you get a code to download the album. He would still have moved a lot of copies because he’s simply popular enough. But Taylor Swift is known for her underhanded schemes to sell more copies.  

Just now, bas che said:

That can’t be practical though. It won’t be easy to customize each show for each city. Sometimes artists tend to change a few things based on the tour leg and cater to that region’s tastes. 

I don't know there always seems to be a main set list. 

Especially since youtube ruined regional set lists. 

I know Janet get flak for doing medleys, but she makes a point, she kinda has to, just to make sure each fan hears their favorite Janet hit. 

She said she gets flak for the medley, but the fans don't mind, just the critics do cos they rather hear all for you or if in full, if I did that rhythm Nation or together agian would be medleys can't turn my general public hits into that short form as they came for those songs not the other ones. 

The ones I do in full are my universally loved hits by gp. Critics and fans. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.