Britney’s vocals in this Perfume A Capella are everything

So I’ve listened to Perfume a lot since it was released and I’m so amazed by how strong her voice is on it. Her lower register gets to shine on it and it sucks that everyone paid it dust when it came out. 

I’ve always tried to look up to see if I could find a good a capella version of the song of just her voice not layered with Sia’s, and after looking and looking, I found this version and it’s beautiful and haunting at the same time. I know that Perfume is kind of corny with the subject matter, but in my opinion, this is her best song vocally that she’s released so far (I’m not counting her unreleased stuff because she has a lot of good unreleased songs and album songs that were never officially released with strong vocals on them).

So here it is, enjoy listening to it as much as I did, whoever made it, did a really good job only using her vocals.

Edited by Blackout SZN
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

Yeah, it was a pretty nice vocal performance. I think people paid it dust cause the video was awful, she looked like she did not want to promote it (rightfully so), there never was a performance to showcase this to non fans, and the "mark my territory" line is cringy af. Just second to the pot full of vegetables of Drop Dead Beautiful.  My crazy mind always though it sounded like someone was to urinate on their partner. Just no!

Edited by Bigno
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

- the lyrics are awful: they lack depth, it looks like a reject from BOMT... even BOMT had more mature song than "i'm tryin' to be cool so perfumeeee"; the "perfume" metaphor is an interesting one, but how shallow did it remain within' that song. 

someday, everytime, shadow, where are you now, and even original doll songs like "let go" or "all that she wants" "little me" are more interesting lyrically. "lucky" and "mona lisa" are very dark. 

- the vocals are quite good, much better than in circus & FF. the first verse is great. the refrain/chorus is awful, she sounds way too "nasal", it lacks control, she should've gone deeper, and not higher, it didn't suit the song at all. 

- well obviously the abandonment of the song. the MV could've pushed it further, but just like everytime it's been censored. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.