Should "In Da Club" be on Beyonce's Greatest Hits?

15 minutes ago, BlackoutGlory said:

So probably stupid question, did she record this after 50 Cent came out with it or was it a demo that 50 Cent got ahold of and just put his own verses on it?

She recorded her version after 50’s was out and became popular. Her version was sent to radio and then 50 had it taken down for copyright as, even though she is used to buying writing credits and songs, he didn’t sell her the rights to his. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Haha 2
52 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

She recorded her version after 50’s was out and became popular. Her version was sent to radio and then 50 had it taken down for copyright as, even though she is used to buying writing credits and songs, he didn’t sell her the rights to his. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Oh ok, I remember hearing it on the radio a few times in my car back in the day, but I didn’t know she didn’t own it, that makes sense why I never heard of it again on the radio except just those couple of times. Thank you for letting me know!

Edited by BlackoutGlory
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I never knew she didn't have the rights!!! Dang. I heard it all over the local hip hop station where I lived lol

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.