Singer Omar Apollo Responds to Queerbaiting Accusations with the Best Tweet

Zach F

Omar Apollo had the best response to someone who accused him of queerbaiting.

The 25-year-old singer has been on the rise in 2022 after the release of his debut studio album Ivoryback in April. His song "Evergreen" was sent to radio last month after going viral on TikTok and it has charted on the Billboard Hot 100.

Omar recently received a Best New Artist nomination at the 2023 Grammy Awards and he's on track to becoming a big star.

On Monday (November 28), someone tweeted, "is omar apollo another queerbaiting singer? like those type 'i don't label myself let me wear cropped and paint my nails and i say i find another guy hot.' cuz i like his song but i don't like supporting straight men doing queerbating."

Omar had a very simple response to let fans know that he's openly gay.

"no i b sucking **** fr," Omar tweeted. Minutes later he added, "from the back 💯."

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

And he had this to say earlier this year:

On whether he prefers to express his queerness through his lyrics than put labels on it

I don't really care. I feel like in the beginning, I was trying to be mysterious and stuff, but now I'm just like — I'm very gay, so I'm just like, whatever. It's funny, every time I'm doing an interview, they're like, "You don't like to..." I'm like, "Damn, do I really come off like that?" [laughs] But no, I'm totally about it. Maybe I was trying to keep the mystique, you understand? But I don't even care anymore [laughs].

:gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block