Are you a Britney fan or Britney stan?

I've been a stan since 2007. Lately, after the whole conservatorship drama I guess I've been a fan. I'm not as obsessed with everything, but I still love and support her. I wish her nothing but happiness, but missing a few Instagram posts might happen. My 2016 self would be shocked. She'll always be important to me, I'll always support her, stand by her and defend her when I have to, but I don't feel like I know her anymore, I don't really know what she's like, we haven't seen her sit and talk since a really long time (aside from testimony and ig audios) and that, together with the fact that she's not working atm makes me more distant, since we don't really have new stuff to stan right now. 

• Love 8
Just now, kasavas said:

I've been a stan since 2007. Lately, after the whole conservatorship drama I guess I've been a fan. I'm not as obsessed with everything, but I still love and support her. I wish her nothing but happiness, but missing a few Instagram posts might happen. My 2016 self would be shocked. She'll always be important to me, I'll always support her, stand by her and defend her when I have to, but I don't feel like I know her anymore, I don't really know what she's like, we haven't seen her sit and talk since a really long time (aside from testimony and ig audios) and that, together with the fact that she's not working atm makes me more distant, since we don't really have new stuff to stan right now. 

a 100% this.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

If you’re a stan or fan, you can still critique her and not agree with her choices. People seem to forget that here and think you’re a hater if you say you don’t like her ***** or you don’t like the way she’s posting. 

Saying you don’t like her posting is one thing. It’s comments implying that she’s not well or needs help that are an issue. Threads and comments about diagnosing her are absolutely not it and no fan or stan would want to post these things. 

4 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

Saying you don’t like her posting is one thing. It’s comments implying that she’s not well or needs help that are an issue. Threads and comments about diagnosing her are absolutely not it and no fan or stan would want to post these things. 

A lot of the “she’s unwell” comes with “put her in a con again” which is insane to me. As fans, that’s the last thing we should want for her and we know it was disgusting for her to be trafficked. I can’t deal with how people here can want her to be in that situation again. It’s gross 

• Love 1

Good question.
Looking back at my teenage self of the early 2000s Britney was certainly my outlet. I was feeling very alone, alienated and insecure and seeing her being all that power made me happy and I turned into a Stan pretty quickly. 

Today I don't know how I feel about that. I look at her fondly and wish her to be happy and live on her terms, no matter who it hurts because that is how I would like to live too.

In the last 13 years her records don't resonate with me anymore because I'm a 33 year old man with a lot of **** to deal with, but every once in a while I find myself coming back to her and I like the sense of community that the fans have built up over this time.

I would love to feel less connected to her, the same way I do with artists I admire and even listen to a lot more than her. But maybe this bond built in such a fragile period for me was too strong, who knows.

But I love talking about her work, her personal life doesn't interest me so much.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block