Are you a Britney fan or Britney stan?

Used to be a stan since 99 to 2004, then became a fan in 2007 to 2020, then I thought stanning someone is a bit extreme.especially someone like Britney.

She is just a like every other artist I listen here and there. I don’t like her as a person like I used to like her. Not that she would care or my dislike means something. I noticed she uses her platform for nonsense. Nude pictures and unending family drama are not things that I look in an artist. I don’t even follow her in Ig anymore.

I’m glad she’s alive. 
I came here to follow up if she puts new music.that’s it.

• Love 1
On 11/28/2022 at 4:36 AM, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Definitely a fan and not a stan. Stanning someone is weird, majority of stans are delusional and they put their fave on a pedestal, and this harms both the object of their desire and themselves. 

Given the origin of the term "Stan"—from the song "Stan," by Eminem (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Stan )— I keep hoping that the people who identify as a "Stan" aren't meaning it like this. In the song, the fan (Stan) is obsessed with and in-love with Eminem. He self-harms, because Eminem said he did, becomes increasingly desperate to get Eminem's attention, and ends up torturing and killing his pregnant girlfriend and himself, as he records it on a tape for Eminem to hear.

Given the lengths that some people have gone through to go get  the attention of a celeb that they "Stan" for (Christina Grimmie comes to mind), it makes sense that "Stans" are often thought of as dangerous people. I get that not everyone who declares themselves a Stan is a dangerous person. I hope that people will keep in mind that the associations still invoke such images, though, in many people's minds. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block