Rank Singles From the Britney Era

1. Slave 4 U - too iconic to not be 1st. The song is the only appropriate debut single for the album

2. Overprotected (Darkchild Remix) - Historically my favorite song off the album

3. I’m not a girl, not yet a woman - the song was great for that moment in her career

4. Boys - because of the video

5. I Love Rock n’ Roll - Love her rendition of the song / and the video is a look…. but covers rarely make good singles, including here (imo)

Slave

Overprotected Darkchild was the US single

NAG

BOYS Coed remix

They are all very much of their time, but Slave def takes the top spot easily. Overprotected remix is a strong 2nd. NAG and Boys are weak songs and I skipped them when listening to the album. The Boys remix video is good until the end when it gets cheesy, but watching the video makes the song kinda tolerable.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block