This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases 'B in the Mix: The Remixes' album in 2005 (November 22)

binthemix.jpg.4b18aa9b5e0e881fdfed224d721cfa75.jpg71jLUE1X3aL._SL1500_.jpg

On November 22, 2005, Britney Spears released B in the Mix: The Remixes, her first remix album. It contained remixes of songs from her first four studio albums, as well as remixes for Someday (I Will Understand) and the unreleased song And Then We Kiss, the remix of which had been released earlier in October as a promotional single in Australia and New Zealand. Several DJ's worked on the record to create the remixes.

At some point early in 2005, Jive Records had planned to release a Japan-exclusive remix album titled Greatest Remixes, but those plans didn't come to fruition. It was later reported by Billboard that Junkie XL had remixed a new song for Britney, that would be used to promote her perfume Fantasy and that would be included on a collection simply titled Remixed.

06.png

In September 2005, a promotional EP titled Key Cuts from Remixed was sent to DJs in 12" vinyl and CD formats. It contained 2 to 5 remixes, depending on the version, which included mainly In the Zone tracks plus And Then We Kiss.

R-1285359-1206424014.jpeg.jpg

It was on November 2005 that the titled of the compilation was confirmed by MTV, and a contest was held through her official fansite among those that pre-ordered the album, the prize being a copy of Britney & Kevin: Chaotic, a bottle of Fantasy and an autographed picture. The day of the release, a party was hosted at a club in Los Angeles by WorldOfBritney.com, which Britney also helped to pay, commenting through an official statement: "I just wanted to say that I love the idea of all my fans getting together to celebrate the release of my new album. I was happy to help! I hope you have a great night out at the club and dance all night long!"

The album received mixed reviews and it peaked at #134 on the BB200, while landing at #4 on the Top Dance/Electronic albums chart. The international version of the album received an alternative cover.

01.jpg

• Love 8

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block