Pokèmon Thread - Scarlet/Violet Release

KrisJ

What is your starter choice?   

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are there any Pokèmon fans on here? Scarlet and Violet release today.

I’ve pre-ordered the physical double pack from Japan that comes with art books and Pikachu Paldea Starters Trading cards.

I’ll be buying Violet digitally while the double pack gets here.

Anyone else starting their S/V adventure today? :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:
Pokemon GIF

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

You should add a starter poll, though I still can't decide between using the cat (without evolving it because I don't really like its final form) or the bird. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Done! I’m choosing the grass one. I always choose grass since red/blue days and I like the final Evo too. The fire final evo is..not it :clownery_makeup_meme:

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Done! I’m choosing the grass one. I always choose grass since red/blue days and I like the final Evo too. The fire final evo is..not it :clownery_makeup_meme:

Grass is my favorite type, but unfortunately, I was hoping for something different. Not that big of a deal, though, since I've never been a big starter 'mon fanboy anyways. :typing_keyboard_computer: Apparently, the game runs really poorly FPS-wise, and it might be the slowest game in the series since the original Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games (in terms of how long it takes for the game to open menus and execute animations). :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

I started playing it last week (when it leaked).... I might do a youtube video reacting to the game so far... but here's overall:

PRO:

It's an open world game, which is a great step foward, like Legends: Arceus (which imo, is way better)

You get to choose where to start

the 4 things to do are cool: complete the pokedex, become a league master, destroy the team star and get the magical herbs :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

you make a non bynary main character :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

CONS:

The pokedex is a bit... underwhelming.

the new pokemon so far are... underwhelming

the design of the people and graphics are... underwhelming

there's still no litten/torracat/incineroar so imma riot :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

-------------

my initial is Quaxly, the gay pokemon, her final evo is so queer, love it.

I am getting Scarlet in the mail today. I still need to pick up my Switch I left at my parents years ago when Covid first started :queenie_falling_dying_dead: I haven’t turned that sucker on in two years :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

I am picking the fire type because although the final evolution is getting clowned on it’s still the one that looks the most decent. Grass and water final types look like Perez Hilton :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Love 1

The first time I haven't rushed to buy a mainline game on release date.

I will still play it, I've just been consistently underwhelmed by the gradual decline this franchise has been on since X/Y.

I long for the days of greatness we had with staples such as Emerald, Platinum, HG/SS, and the peak of greatness for the franchise in the entirety of gen 5.

• 2 weeks later...

How are y'all's adventures going? @CrazyButItFeelsAllright, my shiny luck is kinda insane - I've only been playing for 10ish hours, and I've already caught 3 of them. And they're all really good ones too:

331.png744.png933.png

Anyways, my team consists of Meowscarada, Sunflora, Midday Lycanroc, Volcarona, Cyclizar, and Luvdisc. I'm only using 2 of the new Pokémon because I couldn't really build a team around Meowscarada and Sunflora that I liked. As long as I'm using Pokémon I've never used before, I don't really mind since I get to see the new ones in action anyways. :bouncey: Sunflora is decent enough for a playthrough, but I'm worried about Luvdisc being useless because its stats are an absolute joke. Either way, I'm not getting rid of it. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

I have not found any shiny yet :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

You'll get there! :bouncey: Honestly, shinies aren't really that rare anymore. Not only has the encounter doubled compared to what it was originally, but you're also encountering pokémon nonstop, all of which have the potential to be shiny, whereas previously, most players would just use repels or avoid running into pokémon in the overworld. Overworld shinies are kind of a gamechanger. :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

• Love 1

I’ve had the game since release date but with my MBA, work, and life obligations I haven’t had the chance to finish the game but I’m getting there :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

I also haven’t found any shinies and if I have I probably killed them on accident :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

I’m also constantly fighting with myself because I want to build the same team I always do and have to stop myself. You know how hard it was to put my Larvitar, Growlithe, Riolu, Axew, Gible, etc in a box? :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: And when I killed an Arcanine because the ***** wouldn’t stay caught :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

My current team subject to change is: Meowscarada, Sligoo, Garganacl, Armarouge, Gyarados, Deino :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

• Love 1
On 11/18/2022 at 6:53 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I am getting Scarlet in the mail today. I still need to pick up my Switch I left at my parents years ago when Covid first started :queenie_falling_dying_dead: I haven’t turned that sucker on in two years :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

I am picking the fire type because although the final evolution is getting clowned on it’s still the one that looks the most decent. Grass and water final types look like Perez Hilton :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

A clown. The way I ended up picking Sprigatito :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I’ve had the game since release date but with my MBA, work, and life obligations I haven’t had the chance to finish the game but I’m getting there :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

I also haven’t found any shinies and if I have I probably killed them on accident :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

I’m also constantly fighting with myself because I want to build the same team I always do and have to stop myself. You know how hard it was to put my Larvitar, Growlithe, Riolu, Axew, Gible, etc in a box? :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: And when I killed an Arcanine because the ***** wouldn’t stay caught :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

My current team subject to change is: Meowscarada, Sligoo, Garganacl, Armarouge, Gyarados, Deino :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

Guess we're opposites in that regard - most of my faves are either useless or mediocre, whereas yours are all dragons / pseudo-legendaries. :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white: I also can't tell if I love or hate that new salt pokémon. It's giving Minecraft, and I still haven't decided if that's good or bad. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Guess we're opposites in that regard - most of my faves are either useless or mediocre, whereas yours are all dragons / pseudo-legendaries. :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white: I also can't tell if I love or hate that new salt pokémon. It's giving Minecraft, and I still haven't decided if that's good or bad. :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

I’ve always loved the pseudo-legendaries because I like the way they look. I’ve been a Pokémon Stan since the beginning and Arcanine is my absolute favorite Pokémon of all time. Gyarados has also been a favorite forever and has always been on my team. I always tell myself I’m going to just go with brand new Pokémon and I can never do that. I also love dragon types and always wanted to be Lance the trainer :queenie_falling_dying_dead: that’s why I ended up loving GoT and Daenerys so much because of the dragons :bouncey: I do Stan that you love the little weird Pokémon. Someone has to :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block