Britney's Rolling Stone Cover at 17.

Britney Spears: The Rolling Stone Covers – Rolling Stone

Spears and LaChapelle both say they knew the photo... | ONE WEEK // ONE BAND

I use to think this was iconic BUT she was 17 there only a kid. not **** or hot since she was underage. Her parents had no control over their teenage daughter even Lynne said she had no control once Brit got famous. I red Larry and Lynne walked in during the shoot said "oh no this isn't right" then they left Britney told the photographer to "lock her door" that shows Britney didnt care people are gonna say it's her body,her life, her choice but she was a kid still pop star or not. Lynne and Jamie shouldnt of allowed that in their home or to be published they ***ualized britney at a young age ever since BOMT mv. so sad.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Garrett James said:

Britney Spears: The Rolling Stone Covers – Rolling Stone

Spears and LaChapelle both say they knew the photo... | ONE WEEK // ONE BAND

I use to think this was iconic BUT she was 17 there only a kid. not **** or hot since she was underage. Her parents had no control over their teenage daughter even Lynne said she had no control once Brit got famous. I red Larry and Lynne walked in during the shoot said "oh no this isn't right" then they left Britney told the photographer to "lock her door" that shows Britney didnt care people are gonna say it's her body,her life, her choice but she was a kid still pop star or not. Lynne and Jamie shouldnt of allowed that in their home or to be published they ***ualized britney at a young age ever since BOMT mv. so sad.

Super funny you mentioned this. I was thinking about this photoshoot and how the cover is a take on Marilyn Monroe’s full nude shoot (which was sold without her permission to Playboy. Long story). 

article-2234816-16185083000005DC-21_1024

Playboy magazine has dug deep into its exclusive archive of 10 million photos to publish rare shots of the...

Both taken advantage of. Both tragic tales.  

Also this pic demonstrates: how Britney is the center and breadwinner of the family, Bryan is lazy and controlling Britney via remote (he looks hot here though), and Jamie Lynn just wants attention. 

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, leviathan said:

it was a risk she took, and she isn’t the global superstar she is just by playing it safe. i think we can look back and say: but at what cost? but one thing remains true: the risks she took career-wise paid off career-wise.

now the other side of the coin is that yeah, it’s a bit unsettling now looking back and knowing that she was underage and how much she was ***ualized; it’s a bit bittersweet.

it made me think of that when she talked about that Nickelodeon star yesterday. it is a complex situation, society has changed a lot since then.

Snoop Dogg Yes GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block